Nobel Prize

Topic locked
Nobel Prize Oct 06, 2011
With the death of Steve Jobs I got to thinking about how the committe is contemplating giving two bloggers the Nobel Prize. One is a young lady in Tunisa and the other is Wael Gohnim who was responsible for organizing the protests at Tahir Square. I get that they did something pretty amazing, but there really are no "results" from what they did. It will take time to see any results. Whereas, Steve Jobs changed the way we live - worldwide. The Nobel Prize is not awarded to people who have died - they did award one this year to a man that they did not know had died and will proceed to give the money to his family. IMO, people like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates should have gotten recognition for their contributions to the world.

This is from the Nobel Prize organization website:

Every year since 1901 the Nobel Prize has been awarded for achievements in physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, literature and for peace. The Nobel Prize is an international award administered by the Nobel Foundation in Stockholm, Sweden. In 1968, Sveriges Riksbank established The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel, founder of the Nobel Prize. Each prize consists of a medal, personal diploma, and a cash award.

I can't see comparing what bloggers did to those who have been awarded the Nobel Prize.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Nobel Prize Oct 06, 2011
I think the guy who invented the door knocker should get the Nobel peace prize
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: Nobel Prize Oct 06, 2011
As Basil Brush might have said ... "Boom Boom"
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat