New Newspaper 'Business 24/7'

Topic locked
New newspaper 'Business 24/7' Dec 10, 2007
I thought it was rather good. Might even get better.

Paul Booth
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 10, 2007
Me too. Just reading it at lunchtime. Be intesrting to see if it maintains this standard, or just grabs yer dosh and dwindles.....
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 10, 2007
Is this an AMG publication? It sure read like one.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 10, 2007
^ian^ wrote:Is this an AMG publication? It sure read like one.

I read somewhere that Emirates Today will change to a business newspaper with "24/7" in the title. I guess its done.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 10, 2007
gtmash wrote:

I read somewhere that Emirates Today will change to a business newspaper with "24/7" in the title. I guess its done.

Explains why (no bad news in the ) Emirates Today didn't up and this did.
^ian^

Dec 10, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
gtmash wrote:

Explains why (no bad news in the ) Emirates Today didn't up and this did.

It's basically a ploy to get higher ad rates. Naive media buyers here go crazy over business publications. Plus there are too many stories of Toady staff being duped into their crappy jobs. Guess most of them left.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 11, 2007
Day 2 of Business 24/7 and I think I will basically give up on this as it is 100% propaganda.

Starting with the huge, red, bold 16% growth on the front, through to articles on the first 5 pages which speak of nothing but how fantastically mightily great investing in Dubai, the UAE and the GCC is.... I think it shows clear contempt for its target audience?

Why?

Well, only a mindless buffoon would soak up this kind of rot and spit it back out as if it was fact... so either they think there is a lot of mindless buffoons in business in the UAE, or... they've completely missed their target.
^ian^

Dec 11, 2007
^ian^ wrote:Day 2 of Business 24/7 and I think I will basically give up on this as it is 100% propaganda.

Starting with the huge, red, bold 16% growth on the front, through to articles on the first 5 pages which speak of nothing but how fantastically mightily great investing in Dubai, the UAE and the GCC is.... I think it shows clear contempt for its target audience?

Why?

Well, only a mindless buffoon would soak up this kind of rot and spit it back out as if it was fact... so either they think there is a lot of mindless buffoons in business in the UAE, or... they've completely missed their target.

They got that one right *subscribing tomorrow*
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 11, 2007
Got a chance to read the first one. Thought some of the articles it was informative. Dint get to read in detail or the following days'. Hopefully its not used as another tool for mindless marketing.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 11, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:Hopefully its not used as another tool for mindless marketing.

Read today's.
^ian^

Dec 11, 2007
^ian^ wrote:Day 2 of Business 24/7 and I think I will basically give up on this as it is 100% propaganda.

Why?

They don't care whether anyone reads it or not. They just need to show a huge circulation figure to get the big-money ads. For all we know, most of those free copies lying around in hospitals and bars go in the trash.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat