Neighbours.

Topic locked
Neighbours. Jul 31, 2011
1 in 5 people have had a row with their neighbours and 1 in 20 have had to move home because of bad feelings, according to reports I've read in the media.

Thankfully I don't have any neighbours and as I sit writing this and look out of the window, all I can see is a few sheep. I seem to get on ok with them.
I haven't always been this lucky, as in Germany we lived in blocks of flats, many of which resembled Beruit on a bad day. Even then I seemed to get on with my neighbours, save the odd few words about noise. We used to get over that by inviting all the neighbours to our parties. :D
I always found it a bit off putting listening to someone elses headboard banging off their bedroom wall :oops:

I can't say I've had that many problems in JBR. I don't have any immediate neighbours, the flats always seen unoccupied. There are a few people who are a bit inconsiderate with their rubbish but I have explained my problem and they seem to have come round to the BM way of thinking and actually put it down the chute now instead of chucking it on the floor for the maintenance man to shift.
I'm not keen on kids riding their bikes inside either but if you give them the evil eye they usually leg it. Our tower only consists of small flats so not too many problems along the child line, thankfully.

My sister visited me over the weekend. She lives on a housing estate and can't stand her neighbours on either side. I'm not sure if it's her or the neighbours, to be honest. She has built a high fence around her garden which sounds a bit like Colditz to me.

I always think things can get really fractious living in apartments as you are so close to the neighbours.

So...have you had trouble with 'the neighbours'? The odd screaming match? Have you sorted your differences amicably or have you had to move house?

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Neighbours. Aug 01, 2011
I had a few problems with neighbors. Never in Dubai though. I share a company apartment in Dubai, and what does worry me a bit though that my roomie almost never leaves his room. I see him about once a week. Even if he leaves his room for 10sec, he always makes very sure it is double locked. Also when he leaves his room he makes sure nobody can peak in. It worries me, either he is a very private person, or something goes on in there. I asked him once about it and he replied he is on the phone a lot with his family and thats why he is so often in his room.
Our first room in The Hague gave us neighbor problems. The upper neighbor all the time played 'i got five on it' with load bass. At 23.00 every night he shagged his gf for 5 min on a very sqeaky bed. This was actually funny, because it always had the same rythum. I asked him once to be less noisy. Not much effect, anyways we just bought a house, so we moved. We moved to a new neighborhood. After living there for a few months, our street was allocated for relocation of gypsies. Horrible. We did stay for years, but knew we needed to move sometime, as this is especially not a good street for children to grow up in. 2 blocks away some houses were designated for ex-cons. As the privacy of these people is well protected, we didn't exactly know what the offenders were. We did know, one slid his wife's throat.
Better a to have a good neighbor than a friend far away.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I wonder if your room mate has a crack den going on FD? :shock:

At 23.00 every night he shagged his gf for 5 min on a very sqeaky bed.

All of 5 min! Lucky lass :)
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

That's pretty rough FD, watching your property value go down. In the US there is a website you can go on to find out people that are registered offenders.

As for the roomie? Maybe he likes to dress up really girly-like? :lol: In my previous apartment the tenant above me liked to entertain. She found an active one who became a regular for a few months and the bed rocked every night, longer than 5 minutes!! :shock: I had to go up to talk to her about her music and I mentioned that she might want to invest in a new bed. :D Clearly she was :oops:

The last building I lived in there were neighbors on the floor that thought that maintenance was there to collect the garbage they left outside the door. I guess the figured out that there was not "garbage" service when their garbage sat by their door all day and started putting it in the trash room. I guess they didn't know what the chute was for because it was always left on the floor to the point tht you couldn't get to the chute and ended up having to leave the trash on top of theirs!!!

Where I live now, there is a bin in the trash room as the garbage system han't been set up and can't use the chute. :o The apartments on the floor aren't all occupied, maybe half, all by Westerners. I always tie my trash bags up, but there are tenants that toss their garbage into the trash room and the garbage is strewn all over the floor. One of the tenants seems to have a leakage problem with his trash bags, always leaves a stinking trail of liquid from his apartment to the trash room. If people are that ignorant and inconsiderate I don't think it would do much good to talk to them. Genuine pigs!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat