Dr. D's N00b Wrap Up

Topic locked
Apr 18, 2007
Tropic23 wrote:Dr.D ist still mortified.

We had a business meeting. Information exchange between colleagues.

He wasn`t a gentleman. He started to touch me!!

I wrote him a Dear John letter.

Dr.D=lovelorn

I`m soo sorry DD sweetheart......you will find a nice girl someday.
Don`t worry....

You are soo....well....kindly and....and so on....
And the look doesn`t really matter!!! Really,....

ur pressing some serious charges :shock:

Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
Jeevan wrote:
Tropic23 wrote:Dr.D ist still mortified.

We had a business meeting. Information exchange between colleagues.

He wasn`t a gentleman. He started to touch me!!

I wrote him a Dear John letter.

Dr.D=lovelorn

I`m soo sorry DD sweetheart......you will find a nice girl someday.
Don`t worry....

You are soo....well....kindly and....and so on....
And the look doesn`t really matter!!! Really,....

ur pressing some serious charges :shock:

In her dreams.... lol!

I imagine the D man gets his fair share of attention from ladies without having to scrape the bottom of a barrel, especially this barrel.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 18, 2007
wow man, dubaiforums used to be more about topics than flaming each other before new people came around.
there is not thread so far posted without somebody hijacking it and making it a flame pit.
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
bleak dude dint ya get my PM? where have u been( sorry off topic)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
Whilst I never feel the need to explain myself, it appears in this instance I might have to.

You see, once upon a time, this forum was a pretty cool place to hangout, make friends, meet people and generally help those find their way around Dubai.

Dubai is a tough city for new people who come here, and the forum once served to be an information portal for those interested in coming to Dubai, or those who just arrived... and provided the much needed help for those starting out on their expat life.

It also provided an interesting platform to discuss the various ins and outs of living here, laws, customs, red tape... things you need to do to get started.

Of late however, I have watched it rapidly slip into a cess pit of idle banter and meaningless conversation focused around a bunch of desperate and lifeless individuals.

My intention was to have a bit of a poke at the n00bs to try and spark a reaction... well it worked... but to my surprise people have come forth and defended their inanity with much enthusiasm.

So finally... snap out of it sea urchins... this place is about many things.... do not let it become another myspace forums or dating site for lonely despos in this city.

I have lost count of the people who have helped me on the forums throughout my 12 months in Dubai, and save but a couple, none of these people feel the need to post on the forum anymore. In regular discussion, everyone seems to agree this place is just garbage now... not the quality it used to be... and not a place that people can really find help.

And before you say "well what have you done to help?", I have helped countless people in my time here, and I'm always willing to extend the hand of friendship. So let's make peace n00bs, but peace with a condition.

Remember what this forum is for.... it's to help people first and foremost. It's not a dating board, it's not a place for inane banter, it's not a place to whittle away the working day with childish drivel.

Nuff said.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 18, 2007
Jeevan wrote:bleak dude dint ya get my PM? where have u been( sorry off topic)

yeah i did, sorry i didnt reply....wasnt on the net much, just suprised on what happened to dubaiforums
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
well said Dr D

its that some people take this forum too seriously
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
couldnt have put it in a better way D

i guess u have put forward the feeling of everyone who has disappeared.

hope it makes sense to a lot of people, and some sanity gets back.

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
Feel the need for that PSP thread back :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 18, 2007
Continous bragging as usual. I maybe a noob for my new username. :wink: And yeah, veterans would upfront tell straight to your face that you are this & that. Feed them a little and they will brag a mile. I've met real veterans around here, shared their photos taken in some meets etc. And yeah, it's a place to meet people and get guidance in Dubai. Have i ever spit those personal detailed informations? Nah.. You know what that is? It's called Integrity. So veterans wannabe as you consider yourself to be, I is what lacking around here. Most just flanked the integrity test. So pathetic.

Wannabe, Practice what you preach. Clean your soiled face first before asking others to do the same.

Moving on...
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 18, 2007
asc_26 wrote:Continous bragging as usual. I maybe a noob for my new username. :wink: And yeah, veterans would upfront tell straight to your face that you are this & that. Feed them a little and they will brag a mile. I've met real veterans around here, shared their photos taken in some meets etc. And yeah, it's a place to meet people and get guidance in Dubai. Have i ever spit those personal detailed informations? Nah.. You know what that is? It's called Integrity. So veterans wannabe as you consider yourself to be, I is what lacking around here. Most just flanked the integrity test. So pathetic.

Wannabe, Practice what you preach. Clean your soiled face first before asking others to do the same.

Moving on...

whats that for?
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
asc_26 wrote: I've met real veterans around here, shared their photos taken in some meets etc.

Really? Who? When?

I hate to wave my veteran status around, but as being the member who has met more members than anyone else... I've yet to meet anyone who has met you... in the flesh... in real life.
^ian^

Apr 18, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
asc_26 wrote: I've met real veterans around here, shared their photos taken in some meets etc.

Really? Who? When?

I will tell you once you know the concept of Integrity.

^ian^ wrote:I hate to wave my veteran status around, but as being the member who has met more members than anyone else... I've yet to meet anyone who has met you... in the flesh... in real life.

You said so...
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 18, 2007
I've never seen a DF session photograph.. Hey. .. has anyone got it..?? I mean, hmm I really wanned some photographs of df meets.. esp of the ones which i've attended.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 18, 2007
i got a few others lucif, not the ones that u were at :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
Dr.D wrote:Whilst I never feel the need to explain myself, it appears in this instance I might have to.

You see, once upon a time, this forum was a pretty cool place to hangout, make friends, meet people and generally help those find their way around Dubai.

Dubai is a tough city for new people who come here, and the forum once served to be an information portal for those interested in coming to Dubai, or those who just arrived... and provided the much needed help for those starting out on their expat life.

It also provided an interesting platform to discuss the various ins and outs of living here, laws, customs, red tape... things you need to do to get started.

Of late however, I have watched it rapidly slip into a cess pit of idle banter and meaningless conversation focused around a bunch of desperate and lifeless individuals.

My intention was to have a bit of a poke at the n00bs to try and spark a reaction... well it worked... but to my surprise people have come forth and defended their inanity with much enthusiasm.

So finally... snap out of it sea urchins... this place is about many things.... do not let it become another myspace forums or dating site for lonely despos in this city.

I have lost count of the people who have helped me on the forums throughout my 12 months in Dubai, and save but a couple, none of these people feel the need to post on the forum anymore. In regular discussion, everyone seems to agree this place is just garbage now... not the quality it used to be... and not a place that people can really find help.

And before you say "well what have you done to help?", I have helped countless people in my time here, and I'm always willing to extend the hand of friendship. So let's make peace n00bs, but peace with a condition.

Remember what this forum is for.... it's to help people first and foremost. It's not a dating board, it's not a place for inane banter, it's not a place to whittle away the working day with childish drivel.

Nuff said.

Poor dude. I'm almost filled with tears. You mean this thread was just a round about way of expressing just how much you love us... The Saviour who's helped many and saved countless people... The hero who's loved and revered by his loyal minions who back him in all his fatuousness while showing the same ineptitude... A man so desperate that he'd resort to harassment to fulfill his untended desires... A forum member so peaceful and considerate that he'd spend his time and effort to build it up nicely even if it makes him look like a fool...

He is... Dr. D.

You're a nonce, but at least you're not a garbageman ^_^
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 18, 2007
Dr. D, you are also one of the n00bs that aren't contributing to helping this place get back to it's original state.

And since you're going to argue about being a n00b, I'll explain.

a noob is someone new (noo). It is common for newcomers to make silly mistakes especially when it is their first forum, but after a while they get the message and reform their ways to make it among the top.

a n00b is someone that no matter how much he posts and how much he's told not and what to do. He doesn't understand the general conduct of the internet (aka netiquette) and engages in sensless idiosyncratic forms of expressing his person in a way which is detested by most and eventually accepted by few.

The mere creation of this thread is a branded image of n00b.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 18, 2007
you know what?

im a noob, does it really matter that im a noob

who cares? its a freakin forum where people meet people
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
Bleakus wrote:you know what?

You're such a n00b ;-)
^ian^

Apr 18, 2007
Bleakus wrote:you know what?

Does it matter if you're thick headed or not? That's basically what it means.

And I doubt you are thick-headed. Though I don't know why you would label your self something denoting the idea.
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 18, 2007
Dont you guys know where to stop?, no need to reply to each and every comment to flame things up.
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
Jeevan wrote:Dont you guys know where to stop?, no need to reply to each and every comment to flame things up.

Oh, right. Jeevan's right. This is really getting out of hand now. So I got an idea...

^_^ ~~~ GROUP HUG ~~~ ^_^
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 18, 2007
kageafool,

cud you do me favor: write short message so i can understand. took me 1 hour to read your posts and i am still clueless. is it me or you.
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 18, 2007
KageofSoul wrote:And I doubt you are thick-headed. Though I don't know why you would label your self something denoting the idea.

coz in the end it doesnt matter dude
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
Jeevan wrote:Dont you guys know where to stop?, no need to reply to each and every comment to flame things up.

yes sir :D
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
MAC wrote:kageafool,

cud you do me favor: write short message so i can understand. took me 1 hour to read your posts and i am still clueless. is it me or you.

Lol, and you call me the fool.

C'mon man, as Jeevan said. These incessant verbal attacks are gettin us nowhere. So let's call it quits eh...

Ain't helping you and ain't helping me. It's just textual conversation on the internet after all. No need to take anything seriously.
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 18, 2007
^ian^ wrote:You're such a n00b ;-)

Tania says hi, especially to you ian
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 18, 2007
Bleakus wrote:
KageofSoul wrote:And I doubt you are thick-headed. Though I don't know why you would label your self something denoting the idea.

coz in the end it doesnt matter dude

Oh, alright. I was thinking general. If it doesn't matter in your life, why should I care.

So yeah, you're right.
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 18, 2007
kageafool,

i am not smart (he is another user) nor smartd (another user) and not intelligent (no one wid that name) but i think everyone on else is kinda normal but not you.

where except in front of mirror wud anyone use the words you use knowing that forums is not academia? maybe you are stand-up comediot and people laff at you.
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 18, 2007
MAC wrote:kageafool,

i am not smart (he is another user) nor smartd (another user) and not intelligent (no one wid that name) but i think everyone on else is kinda normal but not you.

where except in front of mirror wud anyone use the words you use knowing that forums is not academia? maybe you are stand-up comediot and people laff at you.

Ok, I hope you've said enough. Can we end here, or do you have more to say?
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat