Musa's Killer 2 B Executed Today

Topic locked
Musa's killer 2 b executed today Feb 10, 2011
Big news in this mornings paper.

I support the idea of executing someone like this.

but what I find disturbing is that the family have said that they have been waiting for this day for a long time and will be overjoyed to see this guy dead.
These are supposedly religious people.

benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Musa's Killer 2 B Executed Today Feb 10, 2011
Any chance, there would be a live stream of the execution ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

I dunno I've heard/read simalr sentiments for many family victims. I guess they are not the forgiving type also given the relative "freshness" of the crime. I guess if it was a long drawn out process maybe the family would have come to terms with it by then, but seeing it happened less than a year and a half back I can understand. Still is fresh in my mind when I first heard about this and we were discussing this over here, seems like yesterday. So the family who lost their son in such a horrible way, one can only imagine how vivid all this is for them.

Also a good piece of info that the last person to face the firing squad in dubai was in 1986 and the last person to be executed in UAE was couple of years back in RAK.

So I guessing the amount of death sentences passed out ( quite a lot according to local news reports ) very few are actually carried out, maybe most are turned into life sentences later on and I think life here is 25 years and not "life"
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

They whacked him this morning. check Gulfnews.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Yes GN confirms it. Here is the picture of the killer

Anyone find the western looking fellow on the left a bit odd ? He's wearning a uniform I have never see here before, reminds me more of a British or Australian police uniform ?
desertdudeshj

Re: Musa's killer 2 b executed today Feb 10, 2011
That isn't a British Police uniform.

He deserved the death penalty in my opinion. There is no way back for this type of person. They could never be reformed.
I would have put the flag out if that child had been anything to me. I would have hoped he had suffered and that he rots in hell.
I'm not the forgiving type where my family is concerned.
Bethsmum

Re: Musa's Killer 2 B Executed Today Feb 11, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:Yes GN confirms it. Here is the picture of the killer

Anyone find the western looking fellow on the left a bit odd ? He's wearning a uniform I have never see here before, reminds me more of a British or Australian police uniform ?

I feel another conspiracy theory coming on :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

^^^ DDS "thinks" it's a British uniform. BM confirms that it is not.

Can't wait to hear your conspiracy theory on that one. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Just an observation I found odd, a caucasian man in uniform in dubai court thats all. No need to get all worked up for no reason.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Just an observation I found odd, a caucasian man in uniform in dubai court thats all. No need to get all worked up for no reason.

I agree with you (on both counts). The photo is a bit fuzzy so can't really make out much about the man himself, but the uniform is something I haven't seen any of the Dubai police wear. Then again, I've never been in court!!! :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

desertdudeshj wrote:Just an observation I found odd, a caucasian man in uniform in dubai court thats all. No need to get all worked up for no reason.

Morning munchkin! :D
Bethsmum

Re: Musa's Killer 2 B Executed Today Feb 12, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:I dunno I've heard/read simalr sentiments for many family victims.

I dunno either. But I have a theory.
Most people struggle with the death penalty these days and many familys have second thoughts after feeeling the pain of losing someone.
I am not sure what I would do, but think that I would try to justify it for practical reasons.
However, muslims honestly believe that the perpetrator will suffer in hell, and therefore the death penalty serves a greater purpose then only to rid the world of them.
benwj

benwj wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:I dunno I've heard/read simalr sentiments for many family victims.

I dunno either. But I have a theory.
Most people struggle with the death penalty these days and many familys have second thoughts after feeeling the pain of losing someone.
I am not sure what I would do, but think that I would try to justify it for practical reasons.
However, muslims honestly believe that the perpetrator will suffer in hell, and therefore the death penalty serves a greater purpose then only to rid the world of them.

:lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

No ben AFAIK understand I dunno I'm a bit vague on this but a person who is punished for his sins/crimes in this life does not suffer its consequences in the afterlife a sort of a double jeoprady if you will.
desertdudeshj

Shaf will know the correct interpretation,
but he normally has nothing to say when it is detrimental to muslims!

The family said themselves that he would answer to the devil etc, which is what gave me this theory.
benwj

The concept of hell in Islam is covered here:
philosophy-dubai/life-after-death-according-islam-t11871.html#p109703

The reward and punishment in Islam on the day of Judgement is in the hands of God - and He decides. There is no teaching, to my knowledge, that a criminal who is punished on earth is absolved from punishment after death. The criteria is rather whether the person has reformed/repented and whether God forgives him or not. And God only knows what will be the judgements after death.

For the family to not wish the killer of their child to live and to wish him to rot in hell (as it were) - is a totally understandable human emotion. The state should take into account the feelings of the family when deciding on a just sentence. The circumstances of the offender, the mental state and any other relevant facts should be taken into account. In this case, I can't see why the state shouldn't impose the ultimate penalty - and it is the family's right to forgive or not forgive.

I would expect the man to suffer after death the punishment of God too - but only God knows whether he will or not.

(I've not chosen to comment - as I've already posted many times where I stand on capital punishment - that I'm in favour of it as an ultimate punishment in a justice system with adequate checks and balances. In this case I hope the killer's death gives some closure to the family.)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Musa's Killer 2 B Executed Today Feb 13, 2011
Thanks Shaf! :) :) :)
benwj

Re: Musa's Killer 2 B Executed Today Feb 13, 2011
You're welcome. ;)

Did anyone find who the mysterious uniformed guy was?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Musa's killer 2 b executed today Feb 14, 2011
Could be a prison warder uniform?

The guy deserved to be topped. In a British jail he would have ended up brown bread in no time.

:x :x :x

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Could be a prison warder uniform?

The guy deserved to be topped. In a British jail he would have ended up brown bread in no time.

Knight

No, DK what he would have got was a 42in TV and a PS to stop him getting bored, a Halal diet and his cell pointing in the right direction. We would have gone all out to protect his human rights.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:

Knight

No, DK what he would have got was a 42in TV and a PS to stop him getting bored, a Halal diet and his cell pointing in the right direction. We would have gone all out to protect his human rights.

Yeah its a real shame, these kind of animals, yes animals, deserve nothing more than a bullet, rope or blade.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Musa's killer 2 b executed today Feb 15, 2011
sage & onion wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

Knight

Yeah its a real shame, these kind of animals, yes animals, deserve nothing more than a bullet, rope or blade.

Why do people keep insulting the animals by comparing them to the “lowest of the low” of human beings?

Animals are a lot better than humans, at least from a moral standpoint!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Why do people keep insulting the animals by comparing them to the “lowest of the low” of human beings?

Animals are a lot better than humans, at least from a moral standpoint!!!

You are correct of course, sorry Tom I stand corrected.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Musa's Killer 2 B Executed Today Feb 15, 2011
Given I agree with capital punishment and have covered the religous aspect - if you'll permit me a small diversion... 'prison guard' or perhaps something more sinister.....

:)

Cheers,
Shafiqe
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

How very amusing.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat