Moral Decay Indicators

Topic locked
Re: Moral Decay Indicators Jun 15, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:Excuse me!!! I never heard the term and googled it!!

It was meant for Berrin e.o. It was a reply after Berrin posted his link and was not even remotely referring to you.

Bora Bora wrote:Just because you knew what it meant don't assume everyone else does. :o

Uhmm, well this might sound weird but my wife has a camel tattoed on her toe (bad youth sin joke or something), so yeah I knew what it meant.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Excuse me!!! I never heard the term and googled it!!

It was meant for Berrin e.o. It was a reply after Berrin posted his link and was not even remotely referring to you.

Bora Bora wrote:Just because you knew what it meant don't assume everyone else does. :o

Uhmm, well this might sound weird but my wife has a camel tattoed on her toe (bad youth sin joke or something), so yeah I knew what it meant.

"You guys".................??

A camel on her toe. She must have an awfully big toe FD!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:She must have an awfully big toe FD!!!!

Not necessarily, average I would say.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:

So, it's a little bitty tiny weenie baby camel???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

So, it's a little bitty tiny weenie baby camel???

Here is an example:

tat.jpg
tat.jpg (4.67 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

This camel tattoo doesn't look bad at all.
symmetric
BANNED

Flying Dutchman wrote:You guys roaming the www for camel toes and monkey se.x have nothing to decay from, you are already at rock bottom.

I swear I neither knew camel toe, nor moose knuckle until I viewed that link capsicum gave before me..
However, I've seen many people in streets whom would depict the discription of these terms before..so I can't really be at rock bottom..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:You guys roaming the www for camel toes and monkey se.x have nothing to decay from, you are already at rock bottom.

I swear I neither knew camel toe, nor moose knuckle until I viewed that link capsicum gave before me..
However, I've seen many people in streets whom would depict the discription of these terms before..so I can't really be at rock bottom..

You shouldn't be looking berrin! You won't get your 101 virgins (or did I get mixed up with Dalmations?)
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Moral Decay Indicators Jun 18, 2011
I present this story from 2002, without any comment. :D

Father's surprise: call-girl daughter

An Israeli couple are preparing to divorce after the man summoned a prostitute to his hotel room only to discover she was his daughter.

The tale of family turmoil began some months ago when the father, a businessman based in the city of Haifa, was sent by his company to a course in the resort of Eilat for four days.

The Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv reports that the man took advantage of the visit to summon a call girl to his room on his first night there.

And that was when everything started to go horribly wrong.

Distraught wife

As the prostitute entered the room, the full horror for him of discovering his daughter's occupation hit him. The father began feeling chest pains which may have been a mild heart attack.

He then cut short his stay in Eilat, and on his return home told his distraught wife the truth of what had happened.

She has vowed to track down her daughter and find a more suitable job for her.

However, her forgiveness has not extended to her husband and she has made it clear she wishes to divorce him.

:shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2319863.stm

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

A double hitter there Shaf!!! Jewish moral decay. Congrats!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

He had to go back to 2002 to find it LOL!
Bethsmum

I somehow thought the criticism would be of me.. but just wanted to check. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I somehow thought the criticism would be of me.. but just wanted to check. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Observation Shaf, not criticism. :alien: :alien:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
shafique wrote:I somehow thought the criticism would be of me.. but just wanted to check. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Observation Shaf, not criticism. :alien: :alien:

Nah, it was definitely criticism from me. :twisted:
Bethsmum

8)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I present this story from 2002, without any comment. :D

Father's surprise: call-girl daughter

An Israeli couple are preparing to divorce after the man summoned a prostitute to his hotel room only to discover she was his daughter.

The tale of family turmoil began some months ago when the father, a businessman based in the city of Haifa, was sent by his company to a course in the resort of Eilat for four days.

The Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv reports that the man took advantage of the visit to summon a call girl to his room on his first night there.

And that was when everything started to go horribly wrong.

Distraught wife

As the prostitute entered the room, the full horror for him of discovering his daughter's occupation hit him. The father began feeling chest pains which may have been a mild heart attack.

He then cut short his stay in Eilat, and on his return home told his distraught wife the truth of what had happened.

She has vowed to track down her daughter and find a more suitable job for her.

However, her forgiveness has not extended to her husband and she has made it clear she wishes to divorce him.

:shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2319863.stm

Cheers,
Shafique

OCID: Obessive Compulsive Israel Disorder
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

TV: tunnel vision
Narrowness of viewpoint resulting from concentration on a single idea, opinion, etc., to the exclusion of others.
Bethsmum

Thanks wind bag now we know what yours and FD problem is, well atleast part of it.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Thanks wind bag now we know what yours and FD problem is, well atleast part of it.

My pleasure munchkin x
Bethsmum

Re: Moral Decay Indicators Jun 19, 2011
Interesting story that a father hires prostitutes and that his daughter became one. I don't know what his problem is, if he feels entitled to hire a prostitute and respects their profession... Prostitutes are someone's mother, daughter, sister etc. ;)

How about some incest - http://www.amazon.com/Not-Easily-Washed ... roduct_top and http://www.muslimwomennews.com/n.php?nid=6348

Or some rape, murder and abuse? http://www.muslimwomennews.com/n.php?nid=6247

How about virginity checks for arrested female protesters? http://www.muslimwomennews.com/n.php?nid=6392

These are just some "random" examples ;)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I read a while back of a Saudi court convicting a guy (a Muslim) for sleeping with his mother. A quick Google couldn't uncover the reference.. Moral Decay is indeed everywhere.

I'll wait to see how many people criticise kanelli for her examples. :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I read a while back of a Saudi court convicting a guy (a Muslim) for sleeping with his mother. A quick Google couldn't uncover the reference.. Moral Decay is indeed everywhere.

I'll wait to see how many people criticise kanelli for her examples. :D

Cheers,
Shafique

Because you "say" it, doesn't make it true. This is a total contradiction of what you preach to everyone else. Show me the proof!!!!! Dig deeper Shaf.

Shaf, did you notice Kanelli's sources??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I did indeed notice kanelli's sources (and the stories) - as well as her smiley ;)

Hey, I totally agree - no one SHOULD believe what I type if I don't provide evidence/references. Take it as it is - I'm sure there are some that won't believe it to be true (and who knows, there's a small probability that I may have dreamt it up ... I mean, inventing rogue stories/statistics may be a contagious disease?? :D )

As I said, Moral Decay is not isolated, IMO.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I mean, inventing rogue stories/statistics may be a contagious disease?? :D )

Well you should stop spreading your disease. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

:D

'shafique - rogue statistic slayer!' :D

Edit - here's an example of a rogue story I slayed (and it was supposedly about Moral Decay in an Imam):
dubai-politics-talk/fox-news-let-down-t42289.html

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote::D

Edit - here's an example of a rogue story I slayed (and it was supposedly about Moral Decay in an Imam):

Cheers,
Shafique

And what's your point here? :drunken:

Do you keep a "file" on your posts Shaf?? Seems to me it would take quite a bit of work to find that thread seeing as how it goes back to June of 2010. :drunken:

Why are you and Kanelli pulling out all this info on the moral decay amongst Muslims? I thought moral decay lifestyle belonged to everyone but Muslims. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I saw there are 8 pages of comments but based on the title and some of the posters...why bother reading it. I "know" what it says :P
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:I saw there are 8 pages of comments but based on the title and some of the posters...why bother reading it. I "know" what it says :P

In a nutshell, Ambassador, we're all horrid, and getting more horrid by the day, except for Shafique who diverts his eyes from all things horrid and Kanelli who won't allow cable TV in the home as it is the route of all evil :D
Bethsmum

Ambassador wrote:I saw there are 8 pages of comments but based on the title and some of the posters...why bother reading it. I "know" what it says :P

Congrats!!! you made page number 9!!

If you took the posts that have any substance it may add up to 3/4 of a page, never to be completed. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
shafique wrote::D

Cheers,
Shafique

And what's your point here? :drunken:

Do you keep a "file" on your posts Shaf?? Seems to me it would take quite a bit of work to find that thread seeing as how it goes back to June of 2010. :drunken:

It's just called 'remembering past discussions'. Duh.

There's the time FD invented the statistic that 70% of all criminals in Amsterdam were Morrocan. That was a rogue statistic that took a while to uncover as false and made-up. I can think of about 4 or 5 more such 'rogue stats' off the top of my head.

But my point is that I do challenge those who make wild accusations and provide dodgy (or no) evidence.

Bora Bora wrote:Why are you and Kanelli pulling out all this info on the moral decay amongst Muslims? I thought moral decay lifestyle belonged to everyone but Muslims. :lol: :lol:

What gave you that idea? It can't have been my posts - I've said from the outset that there's no shortage of moral decay indicators in Dubai or elsewhere in the Muslim world. I've also stated that my moral values are shared with others of other (and no) religions.

My first two posts agreed with the problems in Arab states and with Arab men.

I addressed this post to you - I'm struggling to see how I could have been clearer:
shafique wrote:Bora - sorry if I gave the impression that I was criticising other families, that wasn't my intention. I was just saying what we do (or strive to do, we are far from perfect), in response to your question.

My view is that if all families instilled these values into their children and lived by them -then much of society's ills would be tackled.

I don't label our values as 'Islamic' - they could easily be labelled 'moral', 'Christian', 'religious', 'humanist' etc. I see many Muslim families struggle with problems and I see many non-Muslim family create loving homely environments. It is a problem that trascends politics and/or religion IMO.

On a society level, I do believe that more can be done on the 'morality' front and over time what will be acceptable will change. However, the genie is well and truly out of the bottle, so I think the best I can do is to concentrate on my and my immediate family's values and actions.

Why are you obsessed with identifying/labelling the perpetrators of the acts (by religion/race etc) rather than the acts themselves? I took pains to avoid doing this above.

You're not stereotyping are you? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat