Moral Decay Indicators

Topic locked
Re: Moral Decay Indicators Jun 12, 2011
herve wrote:So Al shaphique, would you approve your wife or daughter to do belly dancing in public? is the arabic pole dancing version a moral decay too?

No. And yes, belly dancing is a version of moral decay too.

herve wrote:And for you to know the word "camel toe" indicates you ve been watching them too many times.

Not by choice.

herve wrote:I d love to check your history in your hard drive

I'm sure you would.

herve wrote:Old fascion means boring shaf, any woman would tell you that. Now we know that you would not have gotten any woman if you had to seduce her.

Probably not on the last point. But that doesn't disapoint me - I'm quite happy being 'boring'. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Moral Decay Indicators Jun 13, 2011
I don't think women deserve dirty comments, even if they are scantily clad. However, women should not complain if they get a lot of men staring or coming over to chat when they decide to dress that way. Men who want a one-night stand are more likely to approach a woman who is scantily clad because she's viewed as more of a sure thing. Correct me if I'm wrong gentlemen.

Bellydance is not moral decay. It is dancing! By your logic, modern dance and ballet are also moral decay because the dancers are moving sensually and wearing revealing clothing.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Bellydance is not moral decay. It is dancing! By your logic, modern dance and ballet are also moral decay because the dancers are moving sensually and wearing revealing clothing.

Fair point - and yes, that is the logical conclusion.

(You could also include some dances from the Indian sub-continent - eg some Bollywood dance sequences, modern and older. )

The acceptance of the normalcy of sensual dancing for the visual pleasure of strangers - rather than intimate partners - is what I would consider as +an+ indicator of moral decay. I concede that this is a 'prudish', 'Victorian' or 'old-fashioned' view. But I was asked whether I would be happy for my wife or daughters to belly dance (presumably in public).

However, on the scale of 'indicators' it is towards the benign end of the scale - the thin end of the wedge, if you like.

(Oh, and just to clear things up - my reference to 'camel toes' was in the context of what society deems appropriate. The fact that in the USA there is such a term, speaks volumes. It isn't a nice term or one to be used in polite society, but it exists. I only heard about the term when it was featured in a 'I wish I could forget it' sequence in the film 'weather man'. IMDB even has a reviewer commenting on it:

"For instance, Michael Caine, who plays Robert Spritz, tells his son David Spritz (played by Nicolas Cage) that David's daughter is getting teased at school and called "Camel Toe". Just to hear Sir Michael Caine use the expression "camel toe" is pretty unexpected. But then various shots of camel toes pop up on the screen to illustrate this phenomenon to anyone in the audience who's unfamiliar with the concept. I found it all absurdly hilarious, but I don't think many of the grey-haired audience shared my sentiments."
)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

kanelli wrote:I don't think women deserve dirty comments, even if they are scantily clad.

I also donot think so. Calling them whores or referring to their clothing as whore customes is the beginning of the 'she asked for it' argument, as is so often used in rape cultures. IMO, there is something very wrong if the presence of a woman in whatever outfit is provocation enough to excuse some kind of violence against her.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I've never heard the term "camel toe" used in the US. Just because it was used in movies or skits doesn't mean it's widely used and that Americans are familiar with it. More than likely it was imported by some immigrant who is more familiar with the term and introduced it to the US?

Shaf, slang travels across borders and countries. What a stupid remark to say that such a term used in the US speaks volumes. Apparently it's the opposite of "moose knuckle". Both terms are not widely used in the US. But then again, you would know better than me, right???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

^Fair point Bora- I haven't heard the term 'moose knuckle' either. I've certainly not used either term in conversation. It is a good thing it is not a widely used term, IMO. Interesting to see how many people weren't confused by the term (perhaps they had all watched 'The Weather Man'??)

However, as a contrast to a lady covering up completely - I did choose to use the term. Trying to read more into this than this is amusing. I guess you have heard the term, 'don't shoot the messenger'! ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Once again Shafique excuses his language and behaviour by saying 'it wasn't me, I'm only repeating it'.

I remember he did that with his 'white feral underclass' remark.

I wonder if he uses that logic at home?

i certainly don't. If Beth came home and used foul language (she doesn't by the way, I don't allow it) would I excuse it if she said she was just repeating what someone else said? No I would not!
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

shafique wrote:For me, the fact that a naked or scantily-clad body is considered ok to be viewed by a non-intimate partner is a 'moral decay indicator'. It highlights the value (or lack of) society places on sensual pleasures - which include visual stimulation.

I'm a bit 'old fashioned' - but I think the erotic pleasures, including the visual component, should be ones enjoyed between long-term partners in the privacy of their homes. My view is that this is a good recipe for fidelity and for mutual respect.

There was a time in the west when the sight of a bare lady's ankle was considered scandalous, for example. I can't help but think that society has come too far the other way - we view a lady covering up as scandalous, but are just mildly amused/disgusted to see camel toes. :shock:

Just saying. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

No need to imagine what I wrote.. it's there for all to see. ;)

But I'm glad to see that a few of us are offended by the term 'camel toes' - but I can't be blamed for coining the term (let alone for the ladies who commit this fashion faux pas!). But note that I referred to seeing the phenomenon, not 'using the descriptive term'.

It would be bizare if the term is deemed more offensive than what it is describing. ? :?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

But I'm glad to see that a few of us are offended by the term 'camel toes' - but I can't be blamed for coining the term (let alone for the ladies who commit this fashion faux pas!)

It wasn't me! It wasn't me!

Keep repeating yourself Shafique, that's your logic. If I keep banging on, I'll convince them in the end.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Moral Decay Indicators Jun 14, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:
kanelli wrote:I don't think women deserve dirty comments, even if they are scantily clad.

I also dont think so. Calling them whores or referring to their clothing as whore customes is the beginning of the 'she asked for it' argument, as is so often used in rape cultures. IMO, there is something very wrong if the presence of a woman in whatever outfit is provocation enough to excuse some kind of violence against her.

Why do hookers dress as they do? To show off the goods and attract customers. Men at bars who are looking for a date for the night are more likely to go for the ones what are showing their goods. They are seen as more of a sure thing. Its a fact. Like I said, no woman deserves to be se.xually harassed or raped. You'll have to have a conversation with other men about why they look at and treat scantily clad women in a different way than women who dress in a less-revealing way.

It seems that women are never really free of the "she asked for it" argument - e.g. in the Middle East if a woman is alone with a man who is not her husband or relative she is "asking for it", no matter what she is wearing. Its all subjective, and somehow society seems to accept the excuses for the violation of women.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

shafique wrote:
herve wrote:So Al shaphique, would you approve your wife or daughter to do belly dancing in public? is the arabic pole dancing version a moral decay too?

No. And yes, belly dancing is a version of moral decay too.

herve wrote:And for you to know the word "camel toe" indicates you ve been watching them too many times.

Not by choice.

Cheers,
Shafique

Life must be fun at home with you shaf :lol: , do you see moral decay in a Victoria Secret catalog too? but it is ok for you to look at camel toes on internet.
Bora, come on, I don' t think there is a single man in the US who does not know what is "camel toe" is.
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

shafique wrote:

Not by choice.

Cheers,
Shafique

oh ok, and you also assume that everybody is stupid enough to beleive that someone grabbed your finger by force, put it on your keyboard and typed for you C.A.M.E.L T.O.E
What an hypocrite. anyhow you busted, you did it choice, and effort, because in Dubai the word "camel toe " is censored, banned from RTA search engines. It means 2 things
1 a lot of emiratis searched it
2 you cant get it by accident because it is banned

A funny story: One time on the production floor at the factory, I saw an indian worker running away from an American supervisor on the other side, as if he had just saw the devil in person.
The guy was terrified, arms up in the air, disapeared and hid somewhere. I asked the american guy, what happened, he responded, " I just asked him if in India men "eat" camel toes. :lol:
Obviously ...not :lol:
Dont worry al shafique I won't ask you :)
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

That reminds me of a joke herve.

What does pubic hair and parsely have in common?

You push both aside and keep eating.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

^You're quite the cunning linguist aren't you benwj! ;)

:D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

gertrude wrote:Life must be fun at home with you shaf :lol: , do you see moral decay in a Victoria Secret catalog too? but it is ok for you to look at camel toes on internet.
Bora, come on, I don' t think there is a single man in the US who does not know what is "camel toe" is.

Gertude, I swear to you I never heard it used. I had to google it to find out what it meant (that's when I found the term "moose knuckle") .

Maybe I just knew/know men who don't use that language in front of a lady???? :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Camel Toe is only a recently used slang term, popularized by series such as The Ali G show and South Park, before that no-one ever used it. Plus you rarely hear it used now either.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Addressing Kanelli's comment about why do hookers dress the way the do? There are many, many women who are NOT hookers, but dress like one. For attention or because the clothes they are wearing are trendy or because they think they can?

I have a friend who holds the 3rd highest position in an international company. His second wife is 25 years younger than him. When he first "introduced" her to a circle of people who were friends (Mr BB and I were there), you could hear the womens jaws drop and see the drool running down the face of the men. He was so, so proud of her. Fast forward: after they had their first child - according to her - he asked (which was his polite way of telling) if she thought about dressing differently now that she was a mother. Her position was: Just because I'm a mother why should I change the way I dress? (DUH!!) I guess the "look at me" (I know I'm not a hooker, I just look like one) style of dress wasn't doing it for him any longer. Possibly he saw her the way everyone else was seeing her??

We had attended a function and because of the weight she had put on, it looked as if the dress she was wearing (what there was of it) was spray painted on her. You could see her husband's embarrassment but he pushed on and took the "proud" position. What he once found attractive became embarrassing.

Although she spent a pretty penny on her clothing, she never looked attractive or classy. She just looked plain cheap and trashy.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Addressing Kanelli's comment about why do hookers dress the way the do? There are many, many women who are NOT hookers, but dress like one. For attention or because the clothes they are wearing are trendy or because they think they can?

I have a friend who holds the 3rd highest position in an international company. His second wife is 25 years younger than him. When he first "introduced" her to a circle of people who were friends (Mr BB and I were there), you could hear the womens jaws drop and see the drool running down the face of the men. He was so, so proud of her. Fast forward: after they had their first child - according to her - he asked (which was his polite way of telling) if she thought about dressing differently now that she was a mother. Her position was: Just because I'm a mother why should I change the way I dress? (DUH!!) I guess the "look at me" (I know I'm not a hooker, I just look like one) style of dress wasn't doing it for him any longer. Possibly he saw her the way everyone else was seeing her??

We had attended a function and because of the weight she had put on, it looked as if the dress she was wearing (what there was of it) was spray painted on her. You could see her husband's embarrassment but he pushed on and took the "proud" position. What he once found attractive became embarrassing.

Although she spent a pretty penny on her clothing, she never looked attractive or classy. She just looked plain cheap and trashy.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

what do you call recent Choc?, the site cameltoe.org started in 2001for instance
capsicum
BANNED

Chocoholic wrote:Camel Toe is only a recently used slang term, popularized by series such as The Ali G show and South Park, before that no-one ever used it. Plus you rarely hear it used now either.

Well, before I watched 'The Weather Man' I hadn't heard of it either - but that film was released in 2005.

(Chocs - incidentally, after you used the word, I had to look up what 'vajayjay' meant - yet another addition to my vocabulary.. I'll hesitate to use it, as I'm sure people with active imaginations will assume because I know the meaning of a word, I must be a perve :roll: )

:D :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Early to mid-2000's it became a popular term, but not really used much now.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Not a perve, but a hypocrite. Or do you call it "research" to reinforce your high moral beliefs. :shock:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

^I call it watching a Nicholas Cage/Michael Caine movie myself. ;)

But don't let little things like facts get in the way of your views, will you now. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

herve wrote:
shafique wrote:

Not by choice.

Cheers,
Shafique

oh ok, and you also assume that everybody is stupid enough to beleive that someone grabbed your finger by force, put it on your keyboard and typed for you C.A.M.E.L T.O.E
What an hypocrite. anyhow you busted, you did it choice, and effort, because in Dubai the word "camel toe " is censored, banned from RTA search engines. It means 2 things
1 a lot of emiratis searched it
2 you cant get it by accident because it is banned

A funny story: One time on the production floor at the factory, I saw an indian worker running away from an American supervisor on the other side, as if he had just saw the devil in person.
The guy was terrified, arms up in the air, disapeared and hid somewhere. I asked the american guy, what happened, he responded, " I just asked him if in India men "eat" camel toes. :lol:
Obviously ...not :lol:
Dont worry al shafique I won't ask you :)

LOL. Herve..Just imagine Shaf is reading an online newspaper's sport section or just watching sports on TV and all of a sudden he was bang on the camel toes..LOL
Hey just don't watch this... http://www.cameltoe.org/blog/category/sport_toe
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:LOL. Herve..Just imagine Shaf is reading an online newspaper's sport section or just watching sports on TV and all of a sudden he was bang on the camel toes..LOL
Hey just don't watch this... http://www.cameltoe.org/blog/category/sport_toe

Phucking freak!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

yup you've got it....Puking freak. LOL. 8)
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

You guys roaming the www for camel toes and monkey se.x have nothing to decay from, you are already at rock bottom.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:You guys roaming the www for camel toes and monkey se.x have nothing to decay from, you are already at rock bottom.

Hahaha isn't that the truth :shock:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Flying Dutchman wrote:You guys roaming the www for camel toes and monkey se.x have nothing to decay from, you are already at rock bottom.

LOL, It wwill be chicks with Dic** next FD
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Excuse me!!! I never heard the term and googled it!! Just because you knew what it meant don't assume everyone else does. :o

As for monkey se.x, I'll leave that to the monkeys!!! :lol:

-- Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:57 pm --

shafique wrote:Well, before I watched 'The Weather Man' I hadn't heard of it either - but that film was released in 2005.

Amazing how a two word slang stuck in your head all these years. :o
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat