6 Months Ban

Topic locked
6 Months ban Apr 03, 2009
So heres the new deal.

A person gets his contract terminated because of the "Credit Crunch" etc.

The Labour Office impose an automatic 6 months employment ban.

The person gets a "No objection letter" from his previous employer.

The Labour office still requires Dhs5,000.00 to be paid in order to lift the ban.

Take care out there people.

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 03, 2009
Can I say again how glad I am that we got the heck out of Dubai!

Everything is so a.s.sbackwards. :evil:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 03, 2009
kanelli wrote:Can I say again how glad I am that we got the heck out of Dubai!

so you are posting here bcz you wana be annoying or is it you don't have friends there or ppl who gives a rat as* of your non stop bla bla bla ? I guess ones you left you realized that you did a bad move and now regretting it, that's why you are still posting here, holding on to a hope to come back one day. get lost
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 03, 2009
uaekid wrote:

so you are posting here bcz you wana be annoying or is it you don't have friends there or ppl who gives a rat as* of your non stop bla bla bla ? I guess ones you left you realized that you did a bad move and now regretting it, that's why you are still posting here, holding on to a hope to come back one day. get lost

No she has a huge crush on you.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 03, 2009
uaekid wrote:

Apart from your obvious love of Kaneli, what do you think about the subject matter of this post?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 03, 2009
uaekid wrote:

Instead of your idiot response to Kanelli, for once focus on the subject matter will ya.

This reaction shows no respect to foreigners as soon as they have a bad experience. Are you keeping up appearances and this was your true selve?

I'll keep that in mind, as well as most others that read this topic. :idea:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 04, 2009
Sorry, I shouldn't say a.s.sbackwards should I, because maybe it is another clever way to make money for the govt by charging people 5,000 AED to lift the ban. But is it fair...
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 04, 2009
kanelli wrote:Sorry, I shouldn't say a.s.sbackwards should I, because maybe it is another clever way to make money for the govt by charging people 5,000 AED to lift the ban. But is it fair...

I believe that it is totally unfair on the Private Sector and can be viewed as nothing more than another "Tax", it is unfortunate however that it is the person who is having the ban in the passport who has to pay.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 04, 2009
For sure companies aren't going to absorb such costs anymore. :(
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 04, 2009
It's a money making scheme pure and simply, they always come up with stupid ideas like that, making idiotic rules without thinking of the consequences. So someone has just been made redundant, and you make their life even worse by penalising them in cost and making life generally difficult.

No wonder so many people are skipping the country!

Kid, Don't talk to Kanelli like that! She is an old guard member and someone that many of us know personally, she has much to contribute and offer. Where as you have very little it seems.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 04, 2009
No worries guys, kid's post gave me a good laugh. If he could experience life where I am living now he'd be eating his words. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 04, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:

Apart from your obvious love of Kaneli, what do you think about the subject matter of this post?

LOL

Well sage most of the laws the labor office makes are poor, I had a business and it was only bcz of them that I had to close it down, the hall system needs a flush out.
uaekid

Apr 04, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
uaekid wrote:

Instead of your idiot response to Kanelli, for once focus on the subject matter will ya.

This reaction shows no respect to foreigners as soon as they have a bad experience. Are you keeping up appearances and this was your true selve?

Did I ever say I like foreigners ?
get lost blog boy
uaekid

Apr 04, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:It's a money making scheme pure and simply, they always come up with stupid ideas like that, making idiotic rules without thinking of the consequences. So someone has just been made redundant, and you make their life even worse by penalising them in cost and making life generally difficult.

Kid, Don't talk to Kanelli like that! She is an old guard member and someone that many of us know personally, she has much to contribute and offer. Where as you have very little it seems.

If you calculate your yearly income I think 5000 isn't such a big deal for most. You didn't mind your back home taxes ! why start now ?
uaekid

Apr 04, 2009
uaekid wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:It's a money making scheme pure and simply, they always come up with stupid ideas like that, making idiotic rules without thinking of the consequences. So someone has just been made redundant, and you make their life even worse by penalising them in cost and making life generally difficult.

If you calculate your yearly income I think 5000 isn't such a big deal for most. You didn't mind your back home taxes ! why start now ?

If you take a driver at approx 2500, then 5000 is 2 months salary, that's quite a lump.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 04, 2009
I couldn't afford to pay 5,000 Dhs! And once again Kid, you assume that all expats are earning mega bucks, not so, you'd be very surprised.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 04, 2009
uaekid wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
uaekid wrote:

Did I ever say I like foreigners ?get lost blog boy

Someone is making friends here. :lol:
What did you ever bring to the table? O I see, a 'proud' bias and continued slavery. Good job sonny.

Little wanker on the right side:

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat