Moderators: Pls Remove These Posts And Delete Their Accts!

Topic locked
Moderators: Pls Remove these Posts And Delete Their Accts! Dec 07, 2008
I noticed some people have begun to submit identical posts repeatedly in order to get more attention for their stupid posts.

One calling himself "phones2u," just submitted 3 identical posts in the General Chats Forum, selling Ipods and Phones; apparently as a commercial advertisement.

Another one, who was looking for someone named Mahmud, submitted the same post several times in different sections of the Dubai Forums.

These people should have their posts removed and their accounts deleted for violating the forum rules. Allowing this nonsense to continue will only drive away good members!

What good are the rules if they are not enforced????

Where are the Moderators????

:x :x

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 08, 2008
Give them a break. I noticed those posts last night and they are gone this morning.

This forum cant exactly hire a team of full time mods to watch over 24/7.

I would suggest maybe that a limit of maybe 1 thread per day be given to new users so they can't spam too badly before getting banned.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 08, 2008
We're not here all the time and different mods, look after different threads. I can only edit those I am responsible for.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 08, 2008
Self moderation is the best way forward.

The mods also have normal life and chores so I guess it can be a challenge keeping a watch all times.

As for me i just ignore such blatant spam or commercial posts.
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat