Loyal Dog Sits At Graveside Of Owner For Two Days - Brazil

Topic locked
Loyal dog sits at graveside of owner for two days - Brazil Jan 18, 2011

A dog sits for a second consecutive day next to the grave of her owner, Cristina Maria Cesario Santana, who died in the week's catastrophic landslides, at the cemetery in Teresopolis, near Rio de Janiero, on January 15, 2011. Brazilians on Sunday prayed for victims of devastating floods after the death toll from the natural disaster rose to at least 610 and was predicted to climb again.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Most-Emai ... fafbb48b8/

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Loyal dog sits at graveside of owner for two days - Braz Jan 18, 2011
Saw this story last night on ABC World News. That's what I call the ultimate loyalty.

It happened once in my childhood neck of the woods. A dog did the same thing, only a little better. Stayed by his owner's grave for an entire week. My sister and others used bring the grieving dog food and water!!

Amazing!

No humans, I guess, are this loyal!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

And certain people believe that dogs are souless creatures with no emotions. Poor pooch :cry:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

They have a long way to go to match Greyfriars Bobby, a Skye Terrier who mourned his owner Edinburgh born John Gray for 14 Years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A14455334

:shock:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Loyal dog sits at graveside of owner for two days - Braz Jan 19, 2011
Bobby even has his own memorial day, website and blog. Greyfriars Bobby Day is on January 14th.
Bethsmum

Great story.

Speaking of pets, I hear the Dubai Pet Show is a great day out. This year it is on 4 February at the Sevens... Might check it out. http://www.dubaipetshow.com/index.php
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:Great story.

Speaking of pets, I hear the Dubai Pet Show is a great day out. This year it is on 4 February at the Sevens... Might check it out. http://www.dubaipetshow.com/index.php

I'm considering swapping my pooch for a goldfish, Ambassador! He chucked all over me best chair this morning, and not a maid in sight to clean it up!

I had to get Beth to do it.
Bethsmum

Re: Loyal Dog Sits At Graveside Of Owner For Two Days - Braz Jan 19, 2011
And pets can be loyal to other pets as well. When our dog had surgery after being attacked by a neighbour's dog we had him resting and recovering in one room in our house. One of our cats sat outside the door of the room for a few days. The cat only left to eat and use the litter box, then went back to keep vigil at that door.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:And pets can be loyal to other pets as well. When our dog had surgery after being attacked by a neighbour's dog we had him resting and recovering in one room in our house. One of our cats sat outside the door of the room for a few days. The cat only left to eat and use the litter box, then went back to keep vigil at that door.

Indeed , we live in a world where animals are far better than some humans
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

kanelli wrote:And pets can be loyal to other pets as well. When our dog had surgery after being attacked by a neighbour's dog we had him resting and recovering in one room in our house. One of our cats sat outside the door of the room for a few days. The cat only left to eat and use the litter box, then went back to keep vigil at that door.

A Cat???

That's surprising!!!

I've always thought cats are too independent and have no loyalty to anyone!!!

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:

A Cat???

That's surprising!!!

I've always thought cats are too independent and have no loyalty to anyone!!!

:) :)

Not so. My cat and dog grew up together, I had them both from 6 weeks old and there was 6 months between them. They played together, curled up on the bed together. The dog saved the cats life after finding him in the garden after he was hit by a car and the dog would always defend the cat from other vicious cats. My poor kitty mourned the death of my dog for months.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Loyal Dog Sits At Graveside Of Owner For Two Days - Braz Jan 20, 2011
This cat and dog met later in life, and they never curled up together. It was a big surprise for us that he would sit outside the door like that! He was a great cat though, very affectionate and social.

How people go their whole lives with no pets in their house I cannot understand (unless they are allergic of course), because pets add so much value to life.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Loyal dog sits at graveside of owner for two days - Braz Jan 20, 2011
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

kanelli wrote:How people go their whole lives with no pets in their house I cannot understand (unless they are allergic of course), because pets add so much value to life.

Yes, and of course there’s absolutely nothing on this Earth like the heady aroma of an active Tom Cat or the pungent odour of a Wet Dog! And have you ever fed garlic to a dog…Wooooow I could never have imagined so much excess gas, from both ends, could be produced from such an innocent herb.

:lol:
Dillon

kanelli wrote:How people go their whole lives with no pets in their house I cannot understand (unless they are allergic of course), because pets add so much value to life.

Yes, some people prefer them to children.

And if you get stuck with a mongrel dog, you can just shoot it and start again.
benwj

Dillon wrote:

Yes, and of course there’s absolutely nothing on this Earth like the heady aroma of an active Tom Cat or the pungent odour of a Wet Dog! And have you ever fed garlic to a dog…Wooooow I could never have imagined so much excess gas, from both ends, could be produced from such an innocent herb.

:lol:

Well, like anything you have to take the good with the bad :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat