Latest On Property

Topic locked
Latest on Property Aug 01, 2009
People keeping an eye on the prop market might want to have a read

http://www.propertywire.com/news/middle ... 13384.html

Looks like propoganda doesnt sell flats... at least not anymore..
Honesty and Truth do prevail at the end..... :twisted:

olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 02, 2009
For me the latest is I'm now living in an apartment that six months ago I couldn't even dream of !

Looking forward to moving into even a more " couldn't even dream of " Apt or even Villa next year. If the rents keep falling like they are now as landlords and homeowners desperately try to get back somekind of return on their doomed investments specially in far flung areas like IMPZ, Motorcity and green community.

Right now personal finaces arn't that good, otherwise even buying would have been an option as there are some very good deals to be had as some are selling even below OP to get out of any sort of finacial obligation in this country.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 02, 2009
I just hope people don't jump into apartments they cant afford.

The market will eventually swing back upwards, and with it so will the rent prices. A lot of people will be scrambling to find a way to sustain their "new" lifestyles.

You can count on it.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Aug 02, 2009
dresden wrote:I just hope people don't jump into apartments they cant afford.

The market will eventually swing back upwards, and with it so will the rent prices. A lot of people will be scrambling to find a way to sustain their "new" lifestyles.

You can count on it.

Indeed, alot of people who now buy apartments above their means are going to get burned in a few years.

Is that 7% rent cap increase still valid? If so, you can calculate how long you'l last without a pay raise ;)
RobbyG

Aug 02, 2009
Well my move was out of need. I still find that I'm paying too much. I'd be still living in good ol shj if it were up to me :D

But hey now I'm starting to like life in new dubai after servicing it for years 8).
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat