A Kiss, Just A Kiss......

Topic locked
Re: A Kiss, Just a Kiss...... Mar 15, 2010
:D Is not time to go to fight club :D

catalyst
Dubai chat master

you see bora bora it just took me 2 posts to get you to your sence.you are wellcome.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Bora Bora wrote:Any chance that you can introduce the Kid to your world???

I am sure that the kid knows the benefits of western society. How else do you think he lost his virginity?
benwj

herve wrote:
benwj wrote:Hey herve, how’s life in Florida?
I really need to read your book to find out how bad it really is in Dubai.
Dubai is changing from a small tribal state to a large secular society. Cases like these are the resistance to change. But they are needed to keep the rate of change in check and prevent society spiraling out of control.
Now is actually a very good time to be in Dubai because there is relative freedom, but strict laws at the same time. Crime for instance is quite low… an accurate measure of society morals imo.
I bet you can’t leave your house unlocked in Florida. Or leave your car unlocked, let alone running with the keys in as I do. Can you walk down any street at any time of the day, with no risk of being mugged? Does your kid go to a school where drugs and knives are routine?
Change will continue, and one day Dubai will have the freedom that everyone desires… but maybe at a price. That’s when I’ll leave and you can come back if you like.
I am predicting that the sentence gets reduced to 1000 dirham fine after receiving the desired media coverage.

So ...benjw, you reduce your life to material things, you car, your wallet, your house....things your parents did not have 30 years ago, how about non material things, freedom, reading what you want, saying what you want, no fear to be deported, jailed because a bitter woman who has never enjoyed romance get jealous and calls the police because you are showing affection to your wife, no fear to be imprisonned indefinitely for being framed by Emirati thieves and crooks. Have you ever offered flowers to your wife benjw, did you choose her, did you seduce her?
I never lived in fear Florida, I did in Dubai.
Ignorance is a bliss benjw, enjoy it, you will never know what you are missing.
You are wrong about something though, Dubai will never change, because if it did, that would mean the end of the Maktoom autocracy and the end of the cash flow to their coffers.

I totally agree with Herve here. Personal liberty (freedom) is the keyword here.

Anyone who thinks Dubai will turn secular should take a good look at the hypocrisy that radiates from the place. A society resorting to public display of religion (not limited to private sphere) as an identity is the first stage of a primitive society from the Middle Ages (7th Century Western style) and the last stage of humiliating oneselve in a modernized world, because you give in to your fears of a changing world around you. Its a backwards process in culturization.

In essence, the system in Dubai is not founded on the secular principles of rule of law. This leaves plenty of room for arbitrary decisions in every aspect of life. When it doesn't affect you yet, then ignorance is bliss. :idea:

For people who are interested in a good book, read: Geopolitics of Emotion written by Dominic Moïsi. Gives a good view about emotions in this world.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

benwj wrote:

I am sure that the kid knows the benefits of western society. How else do you think he lost his virginity?

LOL :mrgreen:
RobbyG

benwj wrote:

Only because he's so imbedded into ME society, I'm going to have to go wtih: :bootyshake:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:
uaekid wrote:and where did u get the idea that mam.man pda is o.k ? Or that it is in public or that the law does not punish it ?

Erm do we not see men walking down the street holding hands on a daily basis? Touching noses? Kissing on cheeks and lips, walking along with hands in eac others back pockets and I've seen alot worse.

This is widely accepted here. In many western countries this would be frowned upon. Yet it seems a man and a woman who are friends cannot greet each other with a peck on the cheek!

There's a fair share of underground gay clubs aswell and if you think they don't exist then you truly have your head in the sand, there was a recent documentary on it, where men from neighbouring GCC countries come over to party nd get their rocks off.

It's so stupid. Once again hypocrisy at it's best.

Well to be frank Chocs, there are gay communities/neighborhoods in Western countries where gay people can be comfortable being who they are. If you were ever in Greenwich Village in New York City, that is a neighborhood where gay and straight people live. There are several areas in New York, as in California. Straights and gays live quite well because one's sexual preference isn't an issue. Personally it's not an issue for me but I hate the hypocrasy here in Dubai.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

uaekid wrote:you see bora bora it just took me 2 posts to get you to your sence.you are wellcome.

Sure Kid, bend over and give yourself a kiss.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

uaekid wrote:and where did u get the idea that mam.man pda is o.k ? Or that it is in public or that the law does not punish it ?

Highlighted text: PMSL :lol: :lol: I see, you have a whole different definition of man.man PDA. So what you are saying is that the kind of man.man PDA you are talking about has to stay behind closed doors. :lol: :lol: And if the "law" should enter an apartment, or find two men in the back of a car, going at it then they face arrest and, and, they go to jail and finish what they were doing.:lol:

I get it: :wink: you dont' see anything wrong about the man.man PDA in public because you think that is the norm. :roll:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:

Highlighted text: PMSL :lol: :lol: I see, you have a whole different definition of man.man PDA. So what you are saying is that the kind of man.man PDA you are talking about has to stay behind closed doors. :lol: :lol: And if the "law" should enter an apartment, or find two men in the back of a car, going at it then they face arrest and, and, they go to jail and finish what they were doing.:lol:

I get it: :wink: you dont' see anything wrong about the man.man PDA in public because you think that is the norm. :roll:

How much more proof do you want hon? :D
RobbyG

Bora, I hear ya, but in some paces it's still frowned upon quite a bit.

This whole incident is just silly. But as I said, people will learn when tourists stop coming.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

How much more proof do you want hon? :D

RobbyG, no more proof required. How clearer could it be: "where did you get the idea....it is in public" :lol: Clearly the tomato didn't realize it. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:Bora, I hear ya, but in some paces it's still frowned upon quite a bit.

This whole incident is just silly. But as I said, people will learn when tourists stop coming.

stop coming :lol: :lol: :lol: not you or them will ever do, as a matter of fact the first time I heard was 2 years ago and since then the numbers are doubling, don't get me wrong , I don't like it but what to do :lol:
uaekid

ahhh boraaaa you became like robbyg hiding your ignorant with a laugh... :D

if you don't wana accept my words ,you still can do better than that hon but you need a bet of brain cells rather than being a sheep :shock:
uaekid

Bora, do you know why Kid eats with his fingers (like all Emirati's do) ???
Because he does not know the difference between a fork and a gay.
Not that the fork could poke the tomato, rather that: the fork pokes today's meal and the gay pokes yesterday's meal.
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

benwj wrote:

hey we had an agreement ! what happens in your houes stays in your house, now I'm gona have to tell your momy that you told :lol: :lol:
uaekid

gertrude wrote:Bora, do you know why Kid eats with his fingers (like all Emirati's do) ???
Because he does not know the difference between a fork and a gay.
Not that the fork could poke the tomato, rather that: the fork pokes today's meal and the gay pokes yesterday's meal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you are not trying to insult me with the above .... no you are not..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

amateur ... move along son.
uaekid

Just kid...ding , kid :)
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

uaekid wrote:
benwj wrote:

hey we had an agreement ! what happens in your houes stays in your house, now I'm gona have to tell your momy that you told :lol: :lol:

No probs kid. What happens in cyclone, stays in cyclone.
benwj

Re: A Kiss, Just a Kiss...... Mar 16, 2010
RobbyG wrote:Anyone who thinks Dubai will turn secular should take a good look at the hypocrisy that radiates from the place. A society resorting to public display of religion (not limited to private sphere) as an identity is the first stage of a primitive society from the Middle Ages (7th Century Western style) and the last stage of humiliating oneselve in a modernized world, because you give in to your fears of a changing world around you. Its a backwards process in culturization.

There is only one problem.
Religious restrictions are slowly eroding in Dubai. Religion is not gaining popularity.
benwj

benwj wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Anyone who thinks Dubai will turn secular should take a good look at the hypocrisy that radiates from the place. A society resorting to public display of religion (not limited to private sphere) as an identity is the first stage of a primitive society from the Middle Ages (7th Century Western style) and the last stage of humiliating oneselve in a modernized world, because you give in to your fears of a changing world around you. Its a backwards process in culturization.

Religious restrictions are slowly eroding in Dubai. Religion is not gaining popularity.

I seriously doubt that after the Abu Dhabi bailout. The influence of Abu Dhabi is not exactly liberal. :wink:
RobbyG

Found these gems on Gulfnews, and it shows that plenty of people out there (unless they are being sarcastic), love conservative places. Look at the lady from Guam, she wants to move to the Middle East because of the wonderful values practised!

I completely agree that certain sites on the internet should be blocked for the sake of protecting the people, especially children. I have been reading stories on the gulf news and I think Dubai as well as other middle eastern countries is a wonderful and ideal place to live because of the values practiced. I am from Guam, a United States territory, and sometimes I think I'm living in the wrong country because of the indecency I see and hear everyday. I do not believe in public display of affection, or vulgar language, or men looking at women with no respect. I am just in awe of what the UAE practices and I think every country should learn a lesson from it.
Victoria Rupley Dungca, Barrigada, Guam

the facebook must be blocked in UAE as well as in every muslim country. the administrators of each domain have the information regarding each activity on their website. they allowed the webpage intentionally. After all its all about our ALLAH
Niaz, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Owww...in the ghettoooow...

;)
RobbyG

this is absolutely retarded... i see males in the malls kissing each other all the time.

in my culture, this is viewed as a homosexual act... but here it is viewed as normal and therefore authorities should prosecute people of the opposite sex kissing each other...

this woman ruined the lives of two innocent people, i have a thousand words to say but would rather not because big brother might be watching :twisted: :bounce:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Re: A Kiss, Just a Kiss...... Mar 17, 2010
RobbyG wrote:
benwj wrote:

I seriously doubt that after the Abu Dhabi bailout. The influence of Abu Dhabi is not exactly liberal. :wink:

I can confirm that for you Robby. Dubai has been quite obliging since Abu Dhabi took over.
If it had been Sharjah that bailed out Dubai, things would be worse, but although Abu Dhabi is not as liberal as Dubai, they are coming around.
And do you think that the kid is going to give up his pleasures. Not a chance.
benwj

who ever thought that we would be able to force westrens to obey us ? Man, and they said moeny does not bring happyness :)
uaekid

I think this case should be over .. It takes too much now .. :roll:

It begins with a claim to get rights and defends freedom or such .. Now it appears to attack people dignity and citizens home .. exactly like real world ,, alot of wars started like this with a statement of freedom , rights ..ect .. but with the intention to get other's dignity ..

PEACE
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Not only you can go to jail for kissing on the cheeks, but now texting each other with se*ual messages can land you in prison for 3 months. Dubai is a wonderful place to be !
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geusJUx6BLB ... k5sDWpiRC0
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Re: A Kiss, Just a Kiss...... Mar 18, 2010
gertrude wrote:Not only you can go to jail for kissing on the cheeks, but now texting each other with se*ual messages can land you in prison for 3 months. Dubai is a wonderful place to be !
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geusJUx6BLB ... k5sDWpiRC0

ERRR no you dont! there are lot of horny buggers out there in dubai and imagine how much se* messages have been swapped, have they been caught!!!

read the article properly. They say that the husband of the accussed requested the court to ask etisalat to provide SMS records to show that his wife was having an affair. The court requested and the Etisalat obliged. It was a criminal case and etisalat had to provide the evidence.

If I sms the word al qaeda in USA or UK dont you think their local telecoms will actually monitor me and get the police involved?

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/wor ... 37626.html

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news ... 18783.aspx
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: A Kiss, Just a Kiss...... Mar 18, 2010
Countries living in the 21st century know how to make a difference between terrorists exchanging messages and couple texting horny, obviously you don't. The UAE has a way of life equivalent to what it was in the the Christian World back in the 7th century, and prosecutes that as a serious crime (6 months in prison). Although they don't prosecute a lot of people doing it, this article is a serious reminder to all foreigners that it is a crime to exchange se*ual messages between umarried couples. The more you put out such reminders, the closer you get to find yourself alone, with no money and nobody to build or visit your country.
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat