Justice? I Think Not.

Topic locked
Justice? I think not. Apr 19, 2011
http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... d-sentence

DUBAI // A man who kidnapped a Filipina tourist, beat her, and threatened to rape and murder her was sentenced this morning to a suspended six months in prison.

MA, 26, an unemployed Emirati, and his uncle dumped the victim into the street after MA physically abused her, court records said. His sentence was suspended for three years.

MA and his uncle approached the 31-year-old visitor, J M, at 4am on April 15 last year as she was waiting in front of a house in Satwa to meet a friend.

The men flirted with her and offered her a ride, which she refused.

Then, the men opened the car door, kicked her head and pulled her from her hair into the car, records said.

MA was charged with kidnap and threats. However, his uncle, WH, was not charged in the case.

MA did not appear at the Dubai Criminal Court of First Instance to enter his plea on his first hearing in December of last year.

Public prosecution records show that after JM refused to entertain the men's requests, she was forced into the vehicle.

"When I refused to join them, I walked away, and MA chased me with his car and blocked my way by parking it in front of me," she told prosecutors.

As JM tried to escape, MA slapped her, pulled her by her hair, and punched her numerous times.

"He tried to pull me inside the car and slapped me around then put me on the floor and stepped on my neck and kicked me in the head," she said. "My friend arrived and tried to pull me away but WH grabbed her".

WH and MA grabbed JM by her hands and legs and put her inside the car along with her friend.

"WH was driving towards Mirdiff while MA was telling me that he has ten friends there and that they will rape me as he was punching me in the car", the victim said.

As the men arrived in Mirdiff, they met five other men and drove back to Satwa with the two women, then parked in front of MA's house.

"I jumped out of the car and raced to a grocery store asking for help," she said.

Police and an ambulance were called to the scene. MA was apprehended on August 11 of last year.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Disgraceful.

And whatever happened to the guys who beat up the pregnant women in Ikea? That was due in court in February, wasn't it?

In any normal country, something like this would have got a few years - and NOT a suspended sentence (which is really no sentence at all).

BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Justice? I Think Not. Apr 19, 2011
What happened to her friend who was also pulled into the car?? It would be nice if there was some accurate reporting of all the facts.

Sentenced in absentina? Maybe they didn't get the engraved invitations to appear in Court? Expats should try not showing up in court for sentencing. Oh, wait!!! Of course they would show up - they're being held in prison!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

They're not even guaranteed to make it to the court from jail. They could easily choke on their own vomit beforehand.....

If this was an indian guy who did this, he would probably get 5-10 years, followed by deportation.
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Justice? I think not. Apr 19, 2011
Sounds like a normal night out in England.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Just awful, plus why was the uncle not charged? Anywhere else and you'd get aiding and abetting.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Just awful, plus why was the uncle not charged? Anywhere else and you'd get aiding and abetting.

Because we are not "anywhere else"????
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Why does DXB have so many s3x crimes , does the water have aphrodisiacs in them ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Just awful, plus why was the uncle not charged? Anywhere else and you'd get aiding and abetting.

Obviously BB, I didn't think we were living in BM's farm yard! But the laws once again need tightening so that the punishment fits the crime.

Your attempt to sit alongside BM as her little minion is pathetic at best.

-- Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:18 pm --

zubber wrote:Why does DXB have so many s3x crimes , does the water have aphrodisiacs in them ?

Quite the opposite Zubber, the more you suppress people and make certain things taboo, the more their curiosity and interest is raised, so they try to get it any way they can.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Obviously BB, I didn't think we were living in BM's farm yard! But the laws once again need tightening so that the punishment fits the crime.

Seems you are all alone since you lost your little tiny minion Chocs. Grab a few tissues Chocs and listen to your theme song:

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:
zubber wrote:Why does DXB have so many s3x crimes , does the water have aphrodisiacs in them ?

Quite the opposite Zubber, the more you suppress people and make certain things taboo, the more their curiosity and interest is raised, so they try to get it any way they can.

yes, this could definitely be plausible explanation, this ultra conservatism even though just a facade is having a negative impact on the people's mental state there.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Chocoholic wrote:

HOOY YOU! be very careful with your labels, I'M BM's little minion around here if you please!!! :evil:

:lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

No you're not Dillion, you're lower than a minion lol
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dillon wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

HOOY YOU! be very careful with your labels, I'M BM's little minion around here if you please!!! :evil:

Dillon, please don't tell her that there isn't enough room for the two of us and that I have to sit on your lap. :bounce: :bounce:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

zubber wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

yes, this could definitely be plausible explanation, this ultra conservatism even though just a facade is having a negative impact on the people's mental state there.

Stands to reason Zubber, the supression, lack of s3x education, lack of respect for women - recipe for disaster really.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Bora Bora wrote:
Dillon, please don't tell her that there isn't enough room for the two of us and that I have to sit on your lap. :bounce: :bounce:

And I thought that was our little secret Bora :oops: I didn’t think you were the kiss and tell sort!

:lol:
Dillon

Dillon wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

And I thought that was our little secret Bora :oops: I didn’t think you were the kiss and tell sort!

:lol:

Weren't we married for about 5 minutes???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Blah Blah more guff and blah blah blah
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Blah Blah more guff and blah blah blah

Somebody feeling left out? :alien:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Weren't we married for about 5 minutes???

Five Minutes? Weeeeell… yeah… I suppose that would be long enough :shock:

Dillon

yea screw'em, We'll get married for atleast an hour or two atleast, for a "thorough job"
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:

yea screw'em, We'll get married for atleast an hour or two atleast, for a "thorough job"

Be careful what you wish for Zubber!! You may never be the same after that experience = and I don't mean for the better. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aww man , Why'd you have to say that , Now I want it even more :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:Aww man , Why'd you have to say that , Now I want it even more :mrgreen:

Zubber, you are clearly a man with absolutely no standards! :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Well Bora, Since ur such a sweetie i wont have the last word ;)
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Yup.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Justice? I think not. Apr 20, 2011

Good grief, this woman really has a problem!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:

Limited vocabulary?? Lost for words?? Can't think of something to say???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Limited vocabulary?? Lost for words?? Can't think of something to say???

And some I would say.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Justice? I Think Not. Apr 27, 2011
This story is infuriating because the bias is completely evident. Tourists should read stories like this and think twice about visiting Dubai. If anything happens to you at the hands of an Emirati you are just wasting your time to report it and follow through with a trial because the Emirati will get off with a slap on the wrist.

That guy (and his uncle) are predators and will likely strike again.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Justice? I Think Not. Apr 27, 2011
kanelli wrote:This story is infuriating because the bias is completely evident. Tourists should read stories like this and think twice about visiting Dubai. If anything happens to you at the hands of an Emirati you are just wasting your time to report it and follow through with a trial because the Emirati will get off with a slap on the wrist.

That guy (and his uncle) are predators and will likely strike again.

More than this case the case of 3 men beating a pregnant woman unconscious at IKEA was more appaling, because they did not even have to appear in court as some of them were outside the country.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat