Justice? I Think Not.

Topic locked
Re: Justice? I Think Not. Apr 27, 2011
BlackburnRovers wrote:
More than this case the case of 3 men beating a pregnant woman unconscious at IKEA was more appaling, because they did not even have to appear in court as some of them were outside the country.

And what is the latest on that case? They were supposed to be back in court in February, but it seems to have gone pretty quiet in the press about it.....

BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Justice? I think not. Apr 27, 2011
As I understand from the last article I read around two Months ago, the case is repeatedly adjourned because the defendants never turn up to the hearing on the arranged dates, by reason of incapacity due to illness, travelling outside the Country etc, the Judge is reluctant to find in absentia, for as Emirati nationals they would have the right for retrial if requested, starting the whole loop off again, time is on their side, and I don’t see the Authorities forcing the defendants to appear in court.

Moral? If asked by an Emirati to move seats in a restaurant, move. We don’t live in a democratic society and the Emiratis have a lot more Wasta than you or I. Be selective in the battles you choose to fight.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Justice? I Think Not. Apr 27, 2011
That story also shocked me. Those are complete beasts to attack a couple over seats, especially a pregnant woman! I'm sure the couple never thought that standing up for themselves would end up in a beating.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat