Just Received A Text Message From My Bank...

Topic locked
Just received a text message from my bank... Feb 10, 2009
... with immediate effect... revised the credit limit on your card....

What do you think guys, more credit or less?

Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 10, 2009
definitely MORE!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 10, 2009
let me guess

"Due to a windfall received from AD yesterday, we are delighted to be able to inform you that your credit limit has been increased 100% and the repayment interest rate has been reduced to 0.5%

We recognise the worth and value of expatriates in Dubai"

Close?
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 10, 2009
smoggie wrote:definitely MORE!

You reckon?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 10, 2009
Wednesday Jones wrote:let me guess

"Due to a windfall received from AD yesterday, we are delighted to be able to inform you that your credit limit has been increased 100% and the repayment interest rate has been reduced to 0.5%

We recognise the worth and value of expatriates in Dubai"

Close?

Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 10, 2009
more credit... =)
Jot
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 10, 2009
jokers! surely less? my bank are giving 5.3 pct ! to keep my dirhams in my account, they're not keen on lending.....!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 10, 2009
Question is, if it is less, and you are maxed up to the original limit will the bank expect immediate repayment of the difference to bring you under the new limit?

Not saying you are, Del but an interesting one and I wouln't put it past them...
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 10, 2009
he's not telling....this is a 'magnetic strip'-tease !!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 10, 2009
Of course more! Whoever heard of a bank reducing the credit limit, and by text at that!

Runs around the office skipping and giggling maniacally.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 10, 2009
At least they have had the decency to let you know.

Others are not so lucky. My next door neighbour has had his bank account frozen for no other reason than not using the account for 26 days even though the account was due a salary payment. The paranoia and quick freezing action that the banks are displaying because they assume people are emptying accounts before absconding should not have even applied in this case. That was 7 weeks ago. He has a rent cheque due, not ebough money in the bank becuase he can't pay anything in, threat of imprisonment, sleepless nights and is having to deal with very rubbish, non-solution based, non-logical bank staff who quite frankly can't see his point and don't give a monkeys about this predicament.

Rant over.
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 10, 2009
Wednesday Jones wrote:Question is, if it is less, and you are maxed up to the original limit will the bank expect immediate repayment of the difference to bring you under the new limit?

Not saying you are, Del but an interesting one and I wouln't put it past them...

Sorry - I got busy - I haven't checked the up or down-ness of my card limit, but it's not maxed out. I think.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 10, 2009
Speedhump wrote:he's not telling....this is a 'magnetic strip'-tease !!

Notice he has almost got down to his cyber undies, but is going no further....

:lol:
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat