Just Got A Ticket And Am NOT Happy!

Topic locked
Just got a ticket and am NOT happy! Sep 29, 2006
OK, so I am really not fond of the ticket system in the UAE. I went to pay one parking fine at the traffic police station yesterday. Paid it and then asked the Fine Inquiry guy if I had any fines pending. I was informed that I have one fine due.

So I thought for what, speeding? I dont go over the limits so I couldnt have got flashed.. maybe a mobile radar? After many attempts, he finally explained that I got a ticket from a cop who apparently saw me at a roundabout in the inner most lane, taking an exit from that lane (so going across the other two lanes).

I was pissed since:

1. I didnt even recall being at a roundabout at the time the ticket was issued

2. How do I know the cop didnt write the plate # down wrong, or a different color plate.. or whatever

3. The system of issuing "virtual tickets" is BS

4. People are doing insane things on the road, driving at 250 km/hr, and these guys are giving me a ticket for taking an exit from a 3rd lane on a roundabout???? And the roundabouts are messed up anyways with some 3 lane roundabouts exiting onto a two lane road?

If a copy wants to give you a ticket, shouldnt he just pull you over, tell you your offence and give you the ticket, like how its done all over the world?

And you can pretty much forget about inquiring about the fine or fighting against it.. the guy told me " My dear, once the ticket is issued, only the Skeikh can get it removed" :roll:

What a messed up system.

End of rant.

jag
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 29, 2006
Big brother is always watching
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 30, 2006
still 3rd world baby ... :wink:
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Sep 30, 2006
Jamal wrote:still 3rd world baby ... :wink:

Aint that the truth!! :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 30, 2006
jag you can always take the ticket to court and contest it.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 30, 2006
MaaaD wrote:jag you can always take the ticket to court and contest it.

What ticket??? I wish I got one. Those guys never gave me one! They said it was entered by the cop in the "system", nothing can be done.. :(

Plus the whole thing at court, well, I would spend more money than the ticket itself in legal fees (you have to pay some 500 dhs or something to even register a case, and if you win then you will be refunded the amount, otherwise Im out 150 + 500.. YIKES!

So cant do anything I'm afraid, just stuck with it.. I dont mind getting a ticket if I'm at fault, I just dont like this system or virtual tickets..
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 30, 2006
search the forum of the story of the russian man guy who contested a ticket and won. If your so sure you are right a judge will always ask the other party to pay off all your legal fees.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 30, 2006
MaaaD wrote:search the forum of the story of the russian man guy who contested a ticket and won. If your so sure you are right a judge will always ask the other party to pay off all your legal fees.

Cool dude, thanks will look at it now.. :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat