Just Got Back To The Office From AC Milan V Hamburg...

Topic locked
Just got back to the office from AC Milan v Hamburg... Jan 06, 2009
Left the office at 5.30, arrived at 8 (half-time) and left 10 minutes before the end (at 1-1) therefore missed the penalty shoot-out (Milan won).

Not my most rewarding evening out.

Why didn't they do it on a Friday or Saturday afternoon?

Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 07, 2009
The traffic was an absolute nightmare, I wonder has anyone ever considered how to move anyone in or out of that place. One thing is for sure I will never be going again until some sort of system is sorted out.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 07, 2009
That was probably the most dissapointing 100 dhs Ive ever spent. The crowd was more into "the wave" than the game and some A-hole behid us kept telling everyone (literally the whole section) to sit down everytime the game got even a little bit exciting. Proving once again that this place sucks balls.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 07, 2009
Oh yea, and did anyone try the Chicken dogs? mine had a beak in it... Gross!
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 07, 2009
maximusprime wrote:Oh yea, and did anyone try the Chicken dogs? mine had a beak in it... Gross!

That's why I'm a bit choosy about where and who I eat from.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 07, 2009
maximusprime wrote:That was probably the most dissapointing 100 dhs Ive ever spent. The crowd was more into "the wave" than the game and some A-hole behid us kept telling everyone (literally the whole section) to sit down everytime the game got even a little bit exciting. Proving once again that this place sucks balls.

same here it was a waste of money...

it was very boring to a point we were enjoying the waves and never thought to watch the match!!!

but worth to mention the traffic out of this place!?!?!?!? by the way... i left 10minutes before the game ends and I was stuck in a deadlock traffic and took me more than 30mins to leave the place!!!! I wonder what happened to the rest who remained until the end?!?!?
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Jan 07, 2009
sage & onion wrote:The traffic was an absolute nightmare, I wonder has anyone ever considered how to move anyone in or out of that place. One thing is for sure I will never be going again until some sort of system is sorted out.

I doubt there will be any system in place!!!!

with all the big events Dubai hosted in the past... they still fail to plan and organize a proper traffic flow for the events..

this stadium is build in an isolated area where they could build a proper traffic system for such stadium!!!!
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Jan 07, 2009
erm correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this held at the new Sevens ground?! Well there wasn't any hassle during the rugby, that went off pretty well like clock work, so what the hell was the problem for the football?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 07, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:erm correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this held at the new Sevens ground?! Well there wasn't any hassle during the rugby, that went off pretty well like clock work, so what the hell was the problem for the football?

The rugby's an all-dayer, so you don't have everyone arriving and leaving all at the same time.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 07, 2009
Del wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:erm correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this held at the new Sevens ground?! Well there wasn't any hassle during the rugby, that went off pretty well like clock work, so what the hell was the problem for the football?

The rugby's an all-dayer, so you don't have everyone arriving and leaving all at the same time.

and there was NO BODY organizing the flow going outside this stadium!!!!!
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Jan 07, 2009
:roll: typical.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 07, 2009
maximusprime wrote:That was probably the most dissapointing 100 dhs Ive ever spent. The crowd was more into "the wave" than the game and some A-hole behid us kept telling everyone (literally the whole section) to sit down everytime the game got even a little bit exciting. Proving once again that this place sucks balls.

Haha! On the DHH forum, quatroporte complained that people kept standing UP and blocking his view!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 07, 2009
gtmash wrote:

Haha! On the DHH forum, quatroporte complained that people kept standing UP and blocking his view!

my complain was on those who were standing by the walk side...

We booked our places by 5pm and those trolls came late and they want to view the match from the center main stands and to make it worst, they just stood their not caring about everyone behind them!!!!

I was shocked to find out that no single security or policeman to maintain order!!!!!
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat