Its getting worse Jan 03, 2009
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti ... heuae&col=

The interesting bit is

"there are no passengers in the hotels"

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 03, 2009
:lol: :lol:

Perhaps the uaekid has a point after all.

Maybe we should start packing pretty soon!!

:lol: :lol:
Dubai Rose
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 03, 2009
Well is really is about time that the RTA worked out salaries for taxi drivers and paid them properly. This would solve a whole lot of issues with taxis in the UAE.

Also I think the system they have in Lebanon is great! Where taxis run specific routes at a fixed rate, and people hop in and out along that route, so effectively people share the cabs round various routes. It works really well.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well is really is about time that the RTA worked out salaries for taxi drivers and paid them properly. This would solve a whole lot of issues with taxis in the UAE.

Also I think the system they have in Lebanon is great! Where taxis run specific routes at a fixed rate, and people hop in and out along that route, so effectively people share the cabs round various routes. It works really well.

Is it true that in Fujairah taxi fare is fixed to 5AED?
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 04, 2009
I don't know as I've never used taxis over there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 04, 2009
ArchitectRoel wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Well is really is about time that the RTA worked out salaries for taxi drivers and paid them properly. This would solve a whole lot of issues with taxis in the UAE.

Is it true that in Fujairah taxi fare is fixed to 5AED?

fujairah is under sharjah territory i think!!!

but about taxis .. no idea...

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat