Isn't It About Time To Stop All This Nonsense?

Topic locked
Isn't it about time to stop all this nonsense? May 03, 2011
Maybe there’s some confusion over what people want for a community forum? If the current Status Quo is really what everyone wants then long may it continue! I wished for a little less acrimony and a little more maturity in another thread and the response was positive, but it really needs everyone on board for it to work, accept what has happened in the past, leave it there where it belongs and move on.

Regards

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Isn't It About Time To Stop All This Nonsense? May 03, 2011
Thank you Dillon. I've already decided that enough was enough and withdrew from it. I think if those who are serious about starting on a new page can say so. If those who want it to continue, they don't need to comment on this thread. If nothing positive can be added to this thread, then there is no need to post.

I would suggest that those who want to continue at the current pace, keep it amongst yourselves and don't bait those who are no longer interested in being part of it or reading it.

Peace
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Isn't it about time to stop all this nonsense? May 03, 2011
Yes Dillon, you are quite correct. I'll put 'AGREE' here. But it has to be a group effort. We've all made mistakes and said some bad things - let's end it here and have good and lively discussions but without all the nonsense.

Good on you for starting this.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dillon wrote:Maybe there’s some confusion over what people want for a community forum? If the current Status Quo is really what everyone wants then long may it continue! I wished for a little less acrimony and a little more maturity in another thread and the response was positive, but it really needs everyone on board for it to work, accept what has happened in the past, leave it there where it belongs and move on.

Regards

As you can see nobody with a few brane cells isn't involved in all these quarrels but longer hair means shorter mind as Nitzsche said. Leave ladies their playground and they'll never stop.
:wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:
Dillon wrote:Maybe there’s some confusion over what people want for a community forum? If the current Status Quo is really what everyone wants then long may it continue! I wished for a little less acrimony and a little more maturity in another thread and the response was positive, but it really needs everyone on board for it to work, accept what has happened in the past, leave it there where it belongs and move on.

Regards

As you can see nobody with a few brane cells isn't involved in all these quarrels but longer hair means shorter mind as Nitzsche said. Leave ladies their playground and they'll never stop.

Thread gone already RC
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Regards

Yes , Lets forget the past, Start afresh, Forgive and forget, A new chapter , A new beginning.. , Lets go already !!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

I am a full supporter of any movement towards a sensible, fair and equable forum. The thread content can be vacuous or intellectually stimulating if you wish, but just warn people that the content is either not for serious discussion and is posted merely for fun or actually a point needing serious debate...and I mean debate, not just descending into mud slinging and verbal abuse.

I would suggest that anyone who wishes to take issue with another member of the forum simply invite them to FC and slug it out there.

Keep it clean and play by the Marquis of Queensbury rules.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Isn't It About Time To Stop All This Nonsense? May 04, 2011
Sounds good to me. I've got my foe list in action, so that will do wonders to help me behave. :)

-- Wed May 04, 2011 5:37 am --

Red Chief wrote:

Regards

Says the man who has been flaming others often. :roll:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Isn't It About Time To Stop All This Nonsense? May 04, 2011
kanelli wrote:Sounds good to me. I've got my foe list in action, so that will do wonders to help me behave. :)

-- Wed May 04, 2011 5:37 am --

Red Chief wrote:

Regards

Says the man who has been flaming others often. :roll:

Morning Kanelli, up very early?
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Isn't it about time to stop all this nonsense? May 05, 2011
What a very good idea Dillon!

I'm very lucky in that I don't need a foe list. I have always been of the impression that people are free to post what they like, when they like and about what they like. All talk of foe lists is all rather pathetic in my opinion.
@DK if people need to forwarn others that their posts are 'fluff' or for serious discussion then it says a lot about the mentality of the readers. I really don't think you are giving most people any credit.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat