Interesting Google Global Search Terms

Topic locked
Interesting Google global search terms Apr 10, 2009
This is interesting . Google is by far the TOP global search engine.
Try this:-

Put "football careers in Dubai " into Google.ae....What is 2nd?
Put "beaches in Qatar" into Google UK . What is 4th? Same into Google Qatar...What is 6th?

Put "marina walk in Dubai" into Google...What is 12th?
Put "dubai gold 24 carat rates " into Google India...What is 2nd?
Put "nad al sheba camel race" into Google France....What is 2nd?

There you have a wide variety of search terms in a variety of countries around the world. Where do they all lead ....on mainly front page positions?

RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
If Dubai is going to prosper , it must market itself on the internet. Put common Dubai search terms into Google.com and Google.co.uk and see what sites are near the top.

Try "Nad al sheba racecourse" ; "Dubai creek" ; "bur juman"; "Deira jewellery shops" and similar expressions. Tell us what you find in the first 2 pages.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
Statcounter.com is a fascinating, useful tool , for checking what actual search terms are finding your web-site.

This morning we have:-

"gold dealers dubai" entered into Google.com in Australia. My site is TOP on that search.

" new doha international airport steering committee" into Google .com finds my Qatar site TOP.

"dubai deira walk" into Google.com in Canada has found the Dubai site at 14th [still good]

"22 carat gold jewellery dubai" finds us 4th on Google.ae

"famous footballer in UAE" finds us 6th

"cruise dubai to rome autumn 2009" finds our same site TOP on Google.Uk

These are good results for our "visit" sites involving Qatar and Dubai.......for a WIDE VARIETY of search terms.

This, surely, shows why sites like these are extremely important in marketing Dubai and Qatar.

We find , that of the HUNDREDS that hit our sites every day, that terms like "dubai gold souk" and "gold prices in dubai" are the most common international search terms.

The gold sellers of Dubai should be getting in touch with me. They are losing out on a valuable sales outlet, via the internet .

Even if they do not actually SELL on-line, they can use sites such as this to inform the WORLD , where their shop is and what their range of products consists of.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
Put what's on dubai ....:)
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 12, 2009
OK, Anosh!

I have put "what's on Dubai" into Google.com and I find:-
TOP.....Time Out Dubai;
2nd UAEASY.com ;
3rd Ezine articles.

Now, can you hint at what we should have found , connected to you, and what position it is in on Google .com please?

You see, when you put "gold dealers dubai" into Google.com in Australia, there is no doubt as to what is TOP!!

What position are you in?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 13, 2009
RedKite wrote:OK, Anosh!

I have put "what's on Dubai" into Google.com and I find:-
TOP.....Time Out Dubai;
2nd UAEASY.com ;
3rd Ezine articles.

Now, can you hint at what we should have found , connected to you, and what position it is in on Google .com please?

You see, when you put "gold dealers dubai" into Google.com in Australia, there is no doubt as to what is TOP!!

What position are you in?

The third is

dubaisportscouncil

:)
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 13, 2009
Why don't you try "espresso machine dubai" and see the results for real at google.com.

Only 1 site to kick-out in the first page...
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2009
This thread is interesting from a business point of view, because it reveals what search terms are finding which particular Dubai sites at the top of Google.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 20, 2009
Just looked at my statcounter.com site for visit-the-world.co.uk on Sunday 19th April 2009.
"Hydropolis resort check in" put into Google the web Portugal finds visit-dubai.co.uk TOP.
"Why tourists visit dubai" put into Google.com finds visit-dubai.co.uk 10th.
"souq al wadi" put into Google.com Canada finds visit-dubai.co.uk 6th.
"business standard -- Dubai international cruise port"into Google has the visit-dubai.co.uk site TOP.
"dubai cruise terminal" into Google.co.uk finds visit-dubai.co.uk 3rd

MORE terrific Google placements globally for a variety of search terms.
The DUBAI CRUISE SHIPS should be advertising on this site, should they not??
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 20, 2009
Hey Farthestpoint,
Just checked your moka-group.com site.
Good shopping site!! That's the idea for Dubai business !!
Lovely looking gift products.

But how would you find that site? You can advertise
it for £50 per annum on the visit-dubai.co.uk site or buy a cracking Dubai domain to lead more shoppers to your site.
Moka-group , with all due respect, is an obscure domain.
How do people discover it?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 20, 2009
All I know is, google earth is not very much up-to-date, take a look at the Dubailand area
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 21, 2009
Checked Statcounter.com on Tuesday.
"Dubai football" finds my site 6th on Google.com out of a MILLION entries and TOP on Google UK out of 292,000 entries for the term.

"Burj Al Arab webpage " finds visit-dubai.co.uk in 3rd position on Google.com Hungary.

"Al Sheba Race Track" search into Google .com finds my site in 3rd.

"pont de Saadiyat Dubai" into Google.com FRANCE , finds my site TOP!!

These are extraordinary global results for my site . All sorts of disparate search terms into Google in many different countries is finding the same site [ MINE] on the front page. If the Government in Dubai wants to market its country.......BOOST ITS ECONOMY......and CREATE MORE JOBS......may I respectfully suggest that they should look SERIOUSLY at my visit-dubai.co.uk web-site?

It can, no doubt , be developed into a much greater marketing vehicle for Dubai and the UAE, but I feel confident that here is something of REAL VALUE for the Dubai economy in these tough times.
You will also see that, even though many have SLAGGED Dubai on this forum, and I myself have also criticised some aspects, I have been VERY FAIR on visit-dubai.co.uk by NOT DENIGRATING the place. If I were to sell that site to the wrong person........and it is for sale at a price.......one could not guarantee the motives of the buyer. It could DAMAGE DUBAI in the wrong hands!!

I realise that it needs more traffic.......but, by heck, there is a GOOD FOUNDATION there. What it needs is someone with far more time to develop it and to go around Dubai businesses , gathering advertising revenue!!
Visit-dubai.co.uk......could be REALLY BIG!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 25, 2009
Saturday April 25th, checked Statcounter.
"visit dubai" into Google.com Portugal finds visit-dubai.co.uk 2nd ;
"jumeirah islands cluster 29 villa 13" entered into Google UK finds my site at 3rd;
"cloth shops in naif road deira" into Google.com UAE finds visit-dubai.co.uk 2nd!!
"wild wadi cabana price" into Google .com UAE finds me 4th ;
"The Hydropolis; a self acclaimed 10 star underwater hotel" finds me 3rd on Google.com India.
"lulu island abu dhabi" [ A GREAT SPECIFIC BUSINESS SEARCH TERM ] into Google.com UAE finds visit-dubai.co.uk in 8th.

So this site is hitting the top GLOBALLY on all sorts of search terms into Google. It must be great for marketing Dubai around the world.

Dubai businessmen should be learning from this and doing business with me!!
Where are they?? Are they not AWARE of the power of the internet to REACH THE WHOLE WORLD???
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Interesting Google global search terms Apr 26, 2009
RedKite wrote:This is interesting . Google is by far the TOP global search engine.
Try this:-

Put "football careers in Dubai " into Google.ae....What is 2nd?
Put "beaches in Qatar" into Google UK . What is 4th? Same into Google Qatar...What is 6th?

Put "marina walk in Dubai" into Google...What is 12th?
Put "dubai gold 24 carat rates " into Google India...What is 2nd?
Put "nad al sheba camel race" into Google France....What is 2nd?

There you have a wide variety of search terms in a variety of countries around the world. Where do they all lead ....on mainly front page positions?

Do you have more domestic visitors or UAE ones to the website :?: :roll:
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 28, 2009
Hi WJ,
All sorts......from ALL countries.
Today there is Google Fance, Google Colombia, Google UAE , Google UK. Google USA....all searching for different things.
e.g
"visit Dubai" search today into Google.com France finds my site at 3rd !!
"Dubai Creek dhow crossing" search into Google.com France...finds visit-dubai.co.uk in FIFTH!!
"Cuanto has invertido Burj Dubai" into Google in Spanish from Colombia , S America finds my site in THIRD.
"Dubai gold 22 carat" into Google.com and I'm 2nd !!
"Mall of emirates theater" into Google.com and I'm 8th !!
"Fabric souk dubai" into Google.com and i'm TOP!!!

"visit qatar" into Google .com UK and my visit-qatar.com is is TOP OUT OF 7,570,000 MENTIONS......AND ABOVE QATAR AIRWAYS AND EXPERIENCE QATAR ...the OFFICIAL QATAR GOVT SITE!!

Anybody got any business or Govt links or advertising links? I will give you COMMISSION FOR BUSINESS!!
THESE 2 SITES ARE HELPING YOUR MIDDLE EAST ECONOMY !! THEY ARE INFORMING PEOPLE GLOBALLY ABOUT VARIOUS ASPECTS!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 04, 2009
Sunday May 3rd. MORE search examples into Google.

Enter:-
"dubai gold price in dirhams" into Google UK and visit-dubai.co.uk is 5th;

"qatar beaches " into Google.com QATAR and visit-qatar.com is 5th.

"gold and diamond park" into Google.com DENMARK and my visit-dubai.co.uk is 9th;

"dubai perfume souk" into Google.COM and we are 9th and in GoogleUK we are 3rd ;

"gold price per gram in dubai" into GOOGLE.com UAE and we are 5th

These are all impressive results, which people globally are using to search for various things about Dubai on the internet. They end up finding visit-dubai.co.uk on the FIRST PAGE.

I invite you to tell me what other search terms are being used to find other sites,please....in order to compare results.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 05, 2009
No-one else got any other search terms and web-sites to mention?

On Tues May 5th , I have checked statcounter.com and found the following search terms were used:-

"dubai visit" into Google .com GERMANY, finds visit-dubai.co.uk in 9th :
"QE2 in dubai" into Google.com IRELAND finds the same site in 11th;
"dubai gold souk history" into Google.com.......14th ;

"cruise port dubai " into Google.com MEXICO , finds visit-dubai.co.uk in 7th;

"visit dubai" into Google PORTUGAL.... we are 2nd ;

"18 ct gold price dubai" finds us TOP on Google Australia

"price of 25 acres in Dubai " into Google.com .......we are 3rd !!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat