How To Get Heat Stroke?

Topic locked
How to get heat stroke? Mar 04, 2008
The question is how and who are more susceptible to get heat stroke. Any one?

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 04, 2008
Well, lighter skinned person, elderly, small kids, field workers (laborers, car washers, et al)...in my own opinion that is...
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2008
Well... heat stroke is a loose term, but true heat stroke is when your core temperature exceeds 37.2 degree celsius to 39 for a period long enough for muscle meltdown to begin.

In effect, your body shuts down many of the heat generating muscular functions temporarily and you get true heat stroke, which can be life threatening.

What people normal refer to heat stroke is more along the lines of heat flash, where your core temperature is higher than normal but not critical temps for a sustained period of time coupled with dehydration.

For instance, if you left someone asleep locked in the back of a taxi in Goa for about 45 minutes with the window closed they might get heat stroke due to the rising temp and core temperature effect. However, if the window was open just a little bit, they might only get heat flash and recover within a few hours.

Remember this next time bastards :x
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 04, 2008
^ian^ wrote:For instance, if you left someone asleep locked in the back of a taxi in Goa for about 45 minutes with the window closed they might get heat stroke due to the rising temp and core temperature effect. However, if the window was open just a little bit, they might only get heat flash and recover within a few hours.

Remember this next time bastards :x

HA HA. Your friends oughta be gased :lol:
But I am sure there are 2 sides to the story 8)
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 04, 2008
Heat related illnesses are the reason why the Dubai Municipality regulates the working hours of labourers during the summer season (severe heat with high humidity).
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 05, 2008
Most disappointing thread title... Ever.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 15, 2008
Lets liven the thread up a bit then.
Lets call it ''The most inventive way to get heat stroke''

The obvious one for me would be to lay naked in the empty quarter desert for a day, preferably a 'warm day' in August.

More inventive perhaps would be to wrap yourself in cling film from head to toe (leaving space for you to breath of course - lets be sensible).
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 15, 2008
Smother yourself in oil and literally cook yourself on the beach - I actually know a few people who used to do this - doughnuts!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat