How Did A/c Bus Stops Got That Shape ?!!!!

Topic locked
how did a/c bus stops got that shape ?!!!! Jan 25, 2009
i have been wondering about this for a long time. i would like to know what you all think about it.

a/c bus stops here, for me, are having strange shape. it's wasting some space on ground, which could be effectively used to have another row of seats inside letting more people to accommodate. if not another row of seat, at least some space for people to stand inside could be given.

or am i missing something here ?! does this shape really have advantage ?!!!

gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 25, 2009
errr lol they look fine to me. if u had another row of seat, it would be like you sitting in a cinema, waiting to catch a good film.

honestly whenever i go past a bus stop it is usually empty :D

and elsewhere in Europe they all use one single row.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 25, 2009
ah! empty ?!!!!!!!!!!!!

u certainly don't have experience in any bus stops and i c why a good plan was executed in such a stupid manner.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 25, 2009
They were designed by some Levantine dude in Media City with pointy shoes and a silly hair cut who has never been on a bus in his life...They are not designed for the convenience of the passengers, they are designed to be a source of revenue for advertising for RTA and Right Angle Advertising.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 25, 2009
gafoorgk wrote:ah! empty ?!!!!!!!!!!!!

u certainly don't have experience in any bus stops and i c why a good plan was executed in such a stupid manner.

sorry but dont travel by bus :D nor do i spend most of my time looking at the bus stop i.e in which manner the seats are layed, which stainless steel are they using and which branded ac are they using. sorry. :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 25, 2009
rudeboy wrote:

sorry but dont travel by bus :D nor do i spend most of my time looking at the bus stop i.e in which manner the seats are layed, which stainless steel are they using and which branded ac are they using. sorry. :D

Sounds like you live in Sharjah. :lol:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 25, 2009
gtmash wrote:Sounds like you live in Sharjah. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
and dubai is a leisure point.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 25, 2009
gtmash wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Sounds like you live in Sharjah. :lol:

yep i live & work in sharjah but enjoy myself in dubai :D :D

shj is 5 times better then dubai.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 25, 2009
And did you notice that the highest concentration of these new A/c bus stops is in fact in Jumeirah? But then you surely don't expect the residents of Jumeirah to roast in the sun? On the other hand, the crowds that cramp the bus stops in Karama don't deserve comfort anyway!! lol

Makes an interesting story for my blog!
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 26, 2009
DPS wrote:And did you notice that the highest concentration of these new A/c bus stops is in fact in Jumeirah? But then you surely don't expect the residents of Jumeirah to roast in the sun? On the other hand, the crowds that cramp the bus stops in Karama don't deserve comfort anyway!! lol

Makes an interesting story for my blog!

Back to my point...the primary purpose is not for the comfort of the passengers, its merely an advertising medium. The people with the money to buy stuff live in Jumeirah and Umm Suquiem (in the narrow minds of the suits in Media City) hence the concentration there.

Seen any of these near the labour camps in Al Quoz yet? Not a chance!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 26, 2009
Going back to the main topic itself... the shape of the bus stops.

Figured out that the shape is inspired by the crescent moon and hence the 'curvy' frame.

Read about it at my blog.

Cheers
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 26, 2009
DPS wrote:Going back to the main topic itself... the shape of the bus stops.

Figured out that the shape is inspired by the crescent moon and hence the 'curvy' frame.

Cheers

You figured or you were told?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 26, 2009
DPS wrote:Going back to the main topic itself... the shape of the bus stops.

Cheers

oh! so it was designed by someone (dk described this someone very well) who got inspired by the crescent moon, not by someone who really wanted this to be utilized by public at its maximum.

laborers should start inspiring crescent moon as well.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 26, 2009
[/quote]

You figured or you were told?[/quote]

Thats what is mentioned on the RTA website..... was not my own guess!! ;-)
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 26, 2009
DPS wrote:

You figured or you were told?[/quote]

Thats what is mentioned on the RTA website..... was not my own guess!! ;-)[/quote]

Well like them or not at least they provide some protection
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat