Higher Education In UAE?

Topic locked
Higher Education in UAE? Nov 16, 2006
Was wondering if anybody living in the UAE had information about mid-career professional graduate programs.

If you were keen to go, would you head abroad or consider options in the UAE? Thanks.

DLCooper
Dubai Forum Guest

Re:last message Nov 16, 2006
By the way, I'm asking because I'm looking to advance my career by taking a year off to enroll in a master's program for mid-career professionals. I am most interested in international affairs and diplomacy and I'm not sure what the options are in Dubai?

I've been working for the last seven years -- four in the financial sector and three for an international organization based in Dubai. I have a life here and would like to stay, but am not sure that this is the best thing for me academically. Thanks for any advice!
DLCooper
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 16, 2006
Hi. I am in a similiar situation. I am an Emirati citizen who attended university in Australia. I have been working for a few years in Dubai now and would like to go back to school for similiar IR program. Not interested in the executive ed programs though.

Have heard about a lot of foreign universities opening up here lately, but not sure about caliber, or whether a lot of Emirati students are expected to enroll? Would be interested to know what is out there. Ideas?
AhmedDubai
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Some ideas Nov 17, 2006
Have you heard about Georgetown opening in Qatar? They may have some courses for you, not sure. Also the Fletcher School which has a good rep from what I hear is opening up next door in Abu Dhabi.

Anyone know anything more about either of these? Sorry Cooper.
Melly
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 18, 2006
Thanks for taking the time to write!
DLCooper
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat