Help Out A Friend

Topic locked
Help out a friend Nov 12, 2006
I have this friend who needs to buy alcohol but doesn't have a licence. He works and therefore cannot get out to the Barracuda during the day time until the weekend, so I suggested my friend goes at night.

Does anyone know what time the hole in the wall at Ajman or UAQ closes?

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Help out a friend Nov 12, 2006
^ian^ wrote:I have this friend who needs to buy alcohol but doesn't have a licence. He works and therefore cannot get out to the Barracuda during the day time until the weekend, so I suggested my friend goes at night.

Tell your friend to give up drinking until he can get a license.

For the sake of a drink he is going to risk his whole future, driving through Sharjah with illegal booze in his car, pure and utter madness.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:I have this friend who needs to buy alcohol but doesn't have a licence. He works and therefore cannot get out to the Barracuda during the day time until the weekend, so I suggested my friend goes at night.

For the sake of a drink he is going to risk his whole future, driving through Sharjah with illegal booze in his car, pure and utter madness.

Thank you.

Now instead of preaching... can someone tell me what time they close?
^ian^

Nov 12, 2006
I will add Sage, how do you know this friend even lives in Dubai? Perhaps he lives... somewhere else.

Edit: I do not wish to debate the morality of alcohol, Sharjah, or whether you need a licence or not.

I just asked a bloody question. :roll:
^ian^

^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Thank you.

Now instead of preaching... can someone tell me what time they close?

Ian,

This is not preaching, just trying to put your friend right. I like a drink like most, but I will not risk my whole future by going through Sharjah with illegal booze. The Police in Sharjah have Zero tolerance, you get caught you get deported.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:This is not preaching, just trying to put your friend right. I like a drink like most, but I will not risk my whole future by going through Sharjah with illegal booze. The Police in Sharjah have Zero tolerance, you get caught you get deported.

Sounds like preaching.

What time do they close?
^ian^

^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:This is not preaching, just trying to put your friend right. I like a drink like most, but I will not risk my whole future by going through Sharjah with illegal booze. The Police in Sharjah have Zero tolerance, you get caught you get deported.

Sounds like preaching.

What time do they close?

It has nothing to do with morality Ian, it has to do with common sense, the central prison in Sharjah, has dozens of people inside waiting to be deported for this very reason.
I presume if the guy lived in Ajman or UAQ he would know what time the places close.
Can you honestly tell me it is worth it just for booze, put your whole future at risk, you can never convince me of that.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:It has nothing to do with morality Ian, it has to do with common sense, the central prison in Sharjah, has dozens of people inside waiting to be deported for this very reason.
I presume if the guy lived in Ajman or UAQ he would know what time the places close.
Can you honestly tell me it is worth it just for booze, put your whole future at risk, you can never convince me of that.

If you don't know, can you stop cluttering the thread so someone who does know can post the answer?

Otherwise if you wish to discuss transporting alcohol through Sharjah, I believe there's an old thread you can resurrect and carry on in there.

All I want to know is what time these shops shut.

Thank you. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
^ian^

^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:It has nothing to do with morality Ian, it has to do with common sense, the central prison in Sharjah, has dozens of people inside waiting to be deported for this very reason.

If you don't know, can you stop cluttering the thread so someone who does know can post the answer?

Otherwise if you wish to discuss transporting alcohol through Sharjah, I believe there's an old thread you can resurrect and carry on in there.

All I want to know is what time these shops shut.

Thank you. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hopefully someone can help you in getting your friend deported, but not me :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 12, 2006
I rang them and it closes at midnight.

Now to ring my friend.
^ian^

sage & onion wrote:Hopefully someone can help you in getting your friend deported, but not me :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

OK, not you. Why type anything then? Let it be on someone else's shoulders.

There is nothing illegal about asking what time a bottleshop closes. The mere knowledge is not going to get someone deported.

Anyway, that's it! no more.
^ian^

^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Hopefully someone can help you in getting your friend deported, but not me :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

OK, not you. Why type anything then? Let it be on someone else's shoulders.

There is nothing illegal about asking what time a bottleshop closes. The mere knowledge is not going to get someone deported.

Anyway, that's it! no more.

The fact that you refuse to listen to anything except the closing time so that you can give the information to your "friend", if he uses that information and then gets caught by the Police and deported, do you not think that you will have played a part in it.
Twist it around whatever way you like, but what you should have done is give the proper information to your "friend".
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 12, 2006
It closes at midnight.

Glad to help Dr. D.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

sage & onion wrote:if he uses that information and then gets caught by the Police and deported, do you not think that you will have played a part in it.

No I wouldn't think so, why would you?

Not everyone is a moron impressed by lengthy but hollow answers.
^ian^

^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:if he uses that information and then gets caught by the Police and deported, do you not think that you will have played a part in it.

No I wouldn't think so, why would you?

Not everyone is a moron impressed by lengthy but hollow answers.

You need to spend time in Sharjah Prison and then come back and tell me how hollow the answer is.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:You need to spend time in Sharjah Prison and then come back and tell me how hollow the answer is.

What was it like? and what did you go in for?
^ian^

^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:You need to spend time in Sharjah Prison and then come back and tell me how hollow the answer is.

Not good and not for booze
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Posting too much? I hear that's an offence around some parts.

Really, all I asked was a question, all I wanted was an answer that didn't require me spending 3 dh, and instead I got the whole "don't carry alcohol through Sharjah."

Since my friend is a former rocket scientist and now works for the Dubai Government, don't you think he'd be intelligent enough to know the risks?

It's like saying "fire burns" and "guns kills" and "grass is green". I didn't want or even ask for the obvious, I wanted to know the closing time for the UAQ bottle shop.

The people at the 'cuda knew... I don't know how they can live with themselves. Nor the countless people loading up all their 4x4s with Dubai number plates... hasn't anyone told them the risk?
^ian^

^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Posting too much? I hear that's an offence around some parts.

Really, all I asked was a question, all I wanted was an answer that didn't require me spending 3 dh, and instead I got the whole "don't carry alcohol through Sharjah."

Since my friend is a former rocket scientist and now works for the Dubai Government, don't you think he'd be intelligent enough to know the risks?

It's like saying "fire burns" and "guns kills" and "grass is green". I didn't want or even ask for the obvious, I wanted to know the closing time for the UAQ bottle shop.

The people at the 'cuda knew... I don't know how they can live with themselves. Nor the countless people loading up all their 4x4s with Dubai number plates... hasn't anyone told them the risk?

Each and every one of them is a fool, thats all I know, because what I have said about the Sharjah Authorities is absolutely true, and many Expats have already gone that route home. You can say whatever you like to justify what you say, I am only warning of the risks.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat