Hello Pizza Lover!

Topic locked
Hello Pizza Lover! Nov 06, 2011
The other evening I was dragged to an an evening get together with other people I work with.

They aren't the people I would choose to spend an evening with but I decided to show willing as these meet ups all count as brownie points at the end of the day.

We went Italian.

I'd rather have an Italian man but made do with an Italian meal.

Most people went with pizza, which I never think is ever really authentic Italian food.

I watched what the ladies ordered, which was thin and crispy, The men went with stuffed crust.

I think the ladies were watching their weight and the men didn't give a sh1t.

What about you? Would you go with thin and crispy or stuffed crust?

I went with lasagne.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Hello Pizza Lover! Nov 06, 2011
well i did have italian for the weekend, and yes the pizza was thin and crispy, exept it was just an appetizer hehehe
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

general_A wrote:well i did have italian for the weekend, and yes the pizza was thin and crispy, exept it was just an appetizer hehehe

LOL general! Do tell us more. Did you pull?
Bethsmum

Deep Pan stuffed crust for me, on the rare occasions that I have Pizza!
Your observation is so right BM. You really are a deep one! :lol:
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:Deep Pan stuffed crust for me, on the rare occasions that I have Pizza!
Your observation is so right BM. You really are a deep one! :lol:

Some say I'm not only a pretty face, Zonker, but am also a very deep thinker. Some say I'm not even a pretty face, too :D

I have to say I am partial to the cheese in a stuffed crust, especially when it dribbles down your chin.
Bethsmum

I don't think it's necessarily got anything to do with weight watching, more personal preference. I can't stand thick crust pizzas, it's all dough and nothing else, however the stuft crust isn't bad. But personally I much prefer thin and crispy, but some places can get this so very wrong and it can all go soggy and nasty.

For me Round Tab;e pizza get it right pretty much everytime and they don't scrimp on the toppings either.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Hello Pizza Lover! Nov 07, 2011
I like a meat feast with plenty of sausage!

I hate anything slightly fishy so would stay well clear of anchovies as a topping. Minging.
Bethsmum

I only eat pizza when in New York...and not at a restaurant but at a 'pizza place'..or pizzeria...no cutlery!
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Well I certainly don’t eat the Pizza over here anymore as there is invariably, at least one unidentifiable ingredient in the products I have ever had delivered, usually a small perfect cube and pinkish in colour, hiding under the tomatoes and peppers, I think they try and pass them off as meat ingredients but I’m not entirely sure, I’ve never actually plucked up the courage to sample any of them.

To my absolute horror, one time I ordered a Chilli Pizza, didn’t look at the ingredients on the menu, just a,ss’umed, :) it would be cheese & tomato with chilli’s making for a hot pizza. What arrived looked as if the local cat had crept in the box and crapped all over the top of my pizza! It was allegedly chilli con carne, without the carne I might add, I just couldn’t get my head around that one, the image of the cat doing it’s dirty deed was far too vivid, so I settled for beans on toast that night.

:?
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

That pink cube was probably a piece of the cat caught doing the do's on your pizza, Dillon.

-- Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:43 pm --

Ambassador wrote:I only eat pizza when in New York...and not at a restaurant but at a 'pizza place'..or pizzeria...no cutlery!

You must be posh Ambassador. I never use a knife and fork when eating pizza.
Bethsmum

Ambassador wrote:I only eat pizza when in New York...and not at a restaurant but at a 'pizza place'..or pizzeria...no cutlery!

Yup, pizza in NY has to be eaten in a pizza joint!! No toppings, and just love the thick crust Sicilian pie.

For takeaway in Dubai I order from Oregano's. Pretty decent pizza. Got hooked on the chicken and pineapple, good vegetarian and they don't scrimp on the toppings.

Years ago I would go the the hotel down in Satwa, I think it's the Ridge, or something like that, to the Italian restaurant and they made a really good pie. Another good place is the Italian restaurant at Atlantis. REAL cheese and great tomatoe sauce.

I can't stand that plastic stuff that they put on most of the "pizzas" here.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bethsmum wrote:

:oops: other than at pizza joints most adults use fork and knife - specially the English :P
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Bethsmum wrote:That pink cube was probably a piece of the cat caught doing the do's on your pizza, Dillon.

-- Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:43 pm --

Well if you are a New Yorker, then eating pizza with your hands are a given. It must be you BM that is posh!!! I think the Donald and Sarah Palen were trying to be posh when they was snapped eating pizza with a fork and knife!! That is soooooooooooooooooo unAmerican!!!

donald and sarah pizza.jpg
donald and sarah pizza.jpg (64.86 KiB) Viewed 1813 times

Speaking of forks, why do the British eat off the back of the fork??? :drunken: I also see many people who wrap their hand around the fork and when they are putting the food in their mouth it reminds of a mommy trying to get their child to eat - open wide!!! here comes the plane!!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora, have you been on those Vodka Martinis already? It isn't me who's posh it's the Ambassador.

I never use a knife and fork when eating pizza, no matter where I am eating.

As for eating off the back of a fork, we English eat properly. As I have had to tell Beth on occasions, that fork is not a shovel, so stop shovelling it in. :D
Bethsmum

No BM, Ambassador eats pizza property - no cutlery!!!

That is the look I was talking about "the shovel"!!!!!

I will never understand the back of the fork thing. :drunken: Watching the peas rolling off. LOL
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Most European countries use eating off the back of the fork ettiquette. It's so you only take a mouth full of food and don't use it as a shovel to stuff as much food into your mouth as possible. Perfectly normal.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Then I guess some people use serving forks because I've seen quite a bit more food than a "mouthful" put into one's mouth from the back the fork.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

LOL there's no accouting for some. But I was reading though that Americans tend to shift their fork between the left and right hands, I've never noticed it myself, is this true?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Many do when cutting meat. I'm left handed and you should have seen me when I trying to be a "good" Muslim and when dining with other Muslims eating with my right hand!!! Impossible for me to do when having soup!!! What I do now is skip soup or take a few mouthfuls (right hand of course!!!) and use my left hand with a fork to pick up food and then put into bread that I have my right hand.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

That sounds extremely complicated BB :?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Not at all. It's called zig-zagging. I'm sure you will agree that either way, it beats eating with your hands!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Not at all. It's called zig-zagging. I'm sure you will agree that either way, it beats eating with your hands!!!!

Yes, that I'll agree to. I know it's a cultural thing, but I could never really get my head around it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

It seems neither of us can get our head around the usage of a fork by another "culture".
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:It seems neither of us can get our head around the usage of a fork by another "culture".

I meant the eating with your hands.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:It seems neither of us can get our head around the usage of a fork by another "culture".

I meant the eating with your hands.

If youre into that kind of thing (meat)...eating BBQ ribs and others is best done 'with your hands'..Many times I've seen people eat sanwiches with a knife and fork and (even hotdog in bun) :shock:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Hello Pizza Lover! Nov 08, 2011
i've seen someone eat french fries with a knife and a fork
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Hello Pizza Lover! Nov 08, 2011
When it's anyones birthday at work, it's down to them to buy cream cakes for the office.

I used to have this very annoying woman in my team. She's retired now, thank God.

When ever we got cakes she'd head to the kitchen and get a plate, a knife and fork and a serviette. She would then proceed to eat her cake with her knife and fork.

I always used to dream that I'd win the lottery and have no further need for my job and would be able to walk out after having picked her cake up and rubbed it all over that smug friggin face of hers. But instead I just hid behind my computer screen so I didn't have to watch her.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat