DJ Grooverider Gets 4 Years Jail Time

Topic locked
DJ Grooverider gets 4 years jail time Feb 19, 2008
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770

Grooverider got 4 years for his possession of Cannabis when he came to play in Dubai last November.

I say 'Good!' when will these idiots learn! And his comment saying that in the UK he wouldn't even have been prosecuted I'm sure went down like a stone with the judge and sealed his fate - ah well he's no Dallas Austin, so his career is over.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 19, 2008
i wonder if he is grooving in the jail :D

the sad thing is the groovy dj will be out sooner then you think.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 19, 2008
You think? Nah I don't think so, because of his arrogance and stupid comments I think they'll make an example of him and his only hope of early release will be to try and get on the pardon list during Ramadan and the Sheikhs birthday.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 19, 2008
lets see what happens ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: DJ Grooverider gets 4 years jail time Feb 20, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=516136&in_page_id=1770

Grooverider got 4 years for his possession of Cannabis when he came to play in Dubai last November.

I say 'Good!' when will these idiots learn! And his comment saying that in the UK he wouldn't even have been prosecuted I'm sure went down like a stone with the judge and sealed his fate - ah well he's no Dallas Austin, so his career is over.

Agreed Chocs
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 20, 2008
They ought not to treat UAE Laws against drugs lightly. They have zero tolerance when it comes to drugs here. He'll be lucky if he gets on the pardon list in Ramadan.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 24, 2008
rudeboy wrote:i wonder if he is grooving in the jail :D

the sad thing is the groovy dj will be out sooner then you think.

He's a good looking fella.

I am sure that he will be in for long enough to be pushing out dounuts by the time he gets let out.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 24, 2008
Message to drug runners who have cover as DJ - we are onto you!
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat