Greetings From The Wild Wild West!

Topic locked
Greetings from the Wild Wild West! Jan 19, 2007
Hello folks!

Not been on the Forum for a while now as your intrepid Dubai Knight is working waaay out in the wilds of western Saudi Arabia!

I would say that Dubai and where I am are the opposite ends of the universe...however the cultural differences are interesting to say the least. If I come here fresh from Europe, it would have been difficult to acclimatise, however a few years in the UAE have taught me the basics of protocol. I am in a tiny fishing village called Al Quamah on the Red Sea coast about 5.5 hours drive south of Jeddah and 2 hours from the city of Abha. Its an area of volcanic lava flow wilderness surrounded by mangrove swamp, sand and palms called 'Dom'. The largest population here are moths the size of helicopters and buzzards!

Surprisingly, the Supreme Council for Tourism are organising (or trying to!) a huge festival here to promote the region and its my lot to be living in a tent on the shore for the last few weeks to get the show on the road. We get a night in a hotel once a week...and it has internet!

Hope to be back in civilisation mid February, so will be logging in from time to time (this is the fastest connection I can get and its 28kbps!) to see what events are forthcoming at the end of Feb.

See y'all then!

Mas Salama!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 19, 2007
all that sounds pretty interesting
it's nice to have u back in the forums.
we were missing u :oops:
good luck in saudi :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Greetings from the Wild Wild West! Jan 19, 2007
Dubai Knight wrote:Hello folks!

Not been on the Forum for a while now as your intrepid Dubai Knight is working waaay out in the wilds of western Saudi Arabia!

I would say that Dubai and where I am are the opposite ends of the universe...however the cultural differences are interesting to say the least. If I come here fresh from Europe, it would have been difficult to acclimatise, however a few years in the UAE have taught me the basics of protocol. I am in a tiny fishing village called Al Quamah on the Red Sea coast about 5.5 hours drive south of Jeddah and 2 hours from the city of Abha. Its an area of volcanic lava flow wilderness surrounded by mangrove swamp, sand and palms called 'Dom'. The largest population here are moths the size of helicopters and buzzards!

Abha is a nice looking town, also Khamis Mushayt about 15 minutes drive from Abha. They used to to a decent Friday Brunch at the Intercon in Abha.

Surprisingly, the Supreme Council for Tourism are organising (or trying to!) a huge festival here to promote the region and its my lot to be living in a tent on the shore for the last few weeks to get the show on the road. We get a night in a hotel once a week...and it has internet!

Hope to be back in civilisation mid February, so will be logging in from time to time (this is the fastest connection I can get and its 28kbps!) to see what events are forthcoming at the end of Feb.

See y'all then!

Mas Salama!

Knight

You should try out the Friday Brunch at the Abha Intercon, great place for lunch up in the clouds.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 20, 2007
Oh Pretty cool DK. Enjoy!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 20, 2007
Sounds interesting DK! You are missed here! We'll catch up with you when you get back. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 20, 2007
I am in Perth the next time I am passing through Dubai must catch up hey.
Mike O'Neill
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 21, 2007
Hey Uncle Dubai Knight

I was told by aunty "Kenelli" that you have accepted Islam and decided to spend rest of life in "Holy Land". i think it is great idea.

Have ya performed Haij this time ? can we call u Haiji Dubai Knight ?

Where is daddy , i am missing him to the death. I heard he was arrested by M5 in UK in charge of killing 5 prostitutes. Was he prostitutes serial killler :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 24, 2007
HP wrote:Hey Uncle Dubai Knight

I was told by aunty "Kenelli" that you have accepted Islam and decided to spend rest of life in "Holy Land". i think it is great idea.

Have ya performed Haij this time ? can we call u Haiji Dubai Knight ?

Where is daddy , i am missing him to the death. I heard he was arrested by M5 in UK in charge of killing 5 prostitutes. Was he prostitutes serial killler :oops:

Hey HP!

Long time no see too! Not converted yet, however there is a rumour that I may have been married off to a very pretty goat whilst being entertained in a local home. Not so bothered as its hard to tell what she looks like in her abaya and purdah...but I am sure I heard her bleating!

Daddy is well, but sorting out some personal problems at home. MI5 are not looking for him yet!

Keep up the humour and we will cross swords again soon!

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat