Greedy, Greedy, Greedy

Topic locked
Dec 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:
kanelli wrote:There is no crime in trying to make things better where you are living. Things only get better when people princess about it and take action to change it. Believe me, people who don't belong to this country will leave if they are unhappy enough.

lol u 4got where u living. UAE aint england or america where your thoughts count. me and u dont have the rights to vote to put someone in power who will help us or even support us. this aint england where u cant vote when they have elections going on for the local council where u can vote for your councellor n he/she will help u or solve ur problems and make life better for u.
lol ppl princess about it and take action lol wot action u talking about. thinking of going to the sheikh n tell him plz plz plz plz get the rents down lol. yeh ppl will leave alrite. some of us have already left. me n u will leave but tommorow there will always be someone who wants to come to dubai :D but once it has been developed all da buildings built n everything all it will be a ghost town. there wont be any rudeboys, jamals or kanellis. instead there will be rich n loaded ppl n most of them will be in other countries they will just fly to dubai n spend their holidays here n back. :D
no1 will listen to u here unless u r a LOCAL.
bitching wont get u anywhere. ppl have been bitching about traffic for YEARS now n they keep on bitching n bitching i mean get over it and get a bike or something :D or a banshee yeh :D

I wouldn't exactly call it bitching, this is an on-line discussion between people sharing concerns. What you have written doesn't resolve anything other than to get peoples back up at your attitude.
If all you want to discuss is girls I am sure you can find somewhere far more appropriate to visit!!!

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 20, 2006
ok sage u wise one u wanna tell me how u wanna solve da problem :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:ok sage u wise one u wanna tell me how u wanna solve da problem :D

Now wouldn't I be the "Wise one" if I knew how to solve the problem. With working abroad one has to make a conscious decision regarding the terms and conditions. Unfortunately what is happening in the market today is beyond anyones thinking. I have been here for many years and I have seen ups as well as downs, but what is going on today is really unreal in many ways. Unfortunately what typically happens in this kind of market (If their ever has been one like this before that is) is that salaries get behind with the market norm due to the fact that many companies have based costs on a model that is one or two years old, and are unable to raise prices due to existing contracts. This of course comes right down the line to the employee.
Someone said to me today, best thing to do is change your job every two years. Easy to say, not so easy to do though.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote: i mean get over it and get a bike or something :D or a banshee yeh :D

yeah banshees are awesome :D
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:'Let's talk about rents, baby
Let's talk about the hikes in UAE
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that happen when take back the keys.
Lets talk about it - dooob doob

Awesome song dude
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:are u all indians or something :D

now why would you say something like that? :?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
cos indians n pakis usually complain. they go oh the prices of vegetables going up. we cant send da kids to school cos the prices gone up n on n on. so when ya all were bitching i thought u was indians :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
rudeboy wrote:are u all indians or something :D

now why would you say something like that? :?

It's in the name Bleakus :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 20, 2006
yeh that aswell sorry 4got to mention that just wasnt sure. thanks sage for the confirmation :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:yeh that aswell sorry 4got to mention that just wasnt sure. thanks sage for the confirmation :D

So "rudeboy", what Nationality are you?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 20, 2006
I is Jamaican just like Jamal. YAAAAH MAAAAAN
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:I is Jamaican just like Jamal. YAAAAH MAAAAAN

Somehow I don't think I believe you :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 20, 2006
u really is a WISE one arent u. how about u guess n i ll tell u if ur right or wrong?

by the way where u from.

ok clue am a mixed cocktail :D da one sheikha bushra likes ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:u really is a WISE one arent u. how about u guess n i ll tell u if ur right or wrong?

by the way where u from.

ok clue am a mixed cocktail :D da one sheikha bushra likes ;)

No secret where I am from UK.

To guess where you are from, is impossible so either you tell me or you don't. :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 20, 2006
born and raised for 18 years in england. southeast england u must have heard of High Wycombe :D it was in da news cos they found some al qaeda ppl from there.

but my roots r from some place else :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:born and raised for 18 years in england. southeast england u must have heard of High Wycombe :D it was in da news cos they found some al qaeda ppl from there.

High Wycombe well know of course, but what about the roots now?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 20, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
rudeboy wrote:born and raised for 18 years in england. southeast england u must have heard of High Wycombe :D it was in da news cos they found some al qaeda ppl from there.

oh and y is it WELL known :D

see when u gardening u shouldnt touch da roots of plants or trees otherwise they will get messed up. so same here u got the rose in front of u from england dont go wanting to touch da roots cos u might get a monster ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

see when u gardening u shouldnt touch da roots of plants or trees otherwise they will get messed up. so same here u got the rose in front of u from england dont go wanting to touch da roots cos u might get a monster ;)

Well you certainly ain't no rose :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:born and raised for 18 years in england. southeast england u must have heard of High Wycombe

Small world - I am from the ghetto on the other side of the tracks 'Slough' :)
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 20, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Well you certainly ain't no rose :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

looks can be deceiving :D n neva judge a book by its cova :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:
rudeboy wrote:born and raised for 18 years in england. southeast england u must have heard of High Wycombe

Small world - I am from the ghetto on the other side of the tracks 'Slough' :)

ouch that is a small world then :p slough is alrite but southall is the best :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:ouch that is a small world then :p slough is alrite but southall is the best :D

yeah, southall on a nice grey wet waiting at the bus stop day - sheessh dubai you have long way to come.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 20, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:
rudeboy wrote:ouch that is a small world then :p slough is alrite but southall is the best :D

yeah, southall on a nice grey wet waiting at the bus stop day - sheessh dubai you have long way to come.

dubai will neva bee like that. u cant get them donner kebabs here. n no bloody fish n chips here :( so jabbajabba wot brings u to dubai
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
Several things - Wife was offered a job out here, My Firm then said they would have me relocate to UAE and it seemed like to good an experience to let pass by.

rudeboy wrote:no bloody fish n chips here

Try the 'fish basket' in oul metha a really nice lebanese outfit - fish and fries, its almost the real thing, just not wrapped up in newspaper :)

How about yourself dude - what you up to in the sandlands?
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 20, 2006
nice thanks for advice i ll go n check it out later on

well am not a oldie like u so aint married n no wifey not yet anyways ;) am 23 working chilling relaxing n getting on some peoples nerves here.

so u originally from england or are ur roots from some place too :p
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:nice thanks for advice i ll go n check it out later on

well am not a oldie like u so aint married n no wifey not yet anyways ;) am 23 working chilling relaxing n getting on some peoples nerves here.

so u originally from england or are ur roots from some place too :p

Restaurant in Spinneys Mall Umn Suqueim does decent Fish & Chips
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 20, 2006
This thread is funny, from serious discussion of high cost of rents, school fees, etc to where are you from, eating fishes etc until rudeboy finally hijacked the thread by simply introducing himself. :D

In a serious note, most if not all real estate companies are pricing the units with a very high margin, and those who bought the units wanted to have their ROI in a short period of time. This is what we call Greedy management philosophy (whatever you call it), it's all about money, money and money.

Poor those who are ordinary expat employees, who are only working to make both ends meet. Only those who are in real estate companies make a lot of money and their salary increase is quite high.

I am partly working in a real estate firm. We can't 100% generalised locals to be the culprit of all these high cost of rents, because high percentage of the units owners aren't locals. Most of them are merely investors who want to make a lot of money as soon as possible.

If you lodge a complain in the rent committee then you're being heard, otherwise they can get away with their greedy style. It is sad because the issue has been dealt per case. No case, No action. And we all know how they're working. You are lucky if your case will be taking cared of promptly, what about those who need to go to work, and don't have ample time to follow up the case? Most likely, they'll just pay the unjust rent hikes or find another place to live.

And why should the people responsible to halt the unjust rent hikes look into this issue seriously? Most of them are investors too, who want to make much money in a short period of time.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 20, 2006
Most people that I know that have referred to the Rent Committee have won the case, however it takes time. The more that do it the better.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 20, 2006
Somebody should invest in a proper fish and chip shop here. They'd make a killing. Irish Village does great fish and chips.......but, yeah, it's definitely not the same without the newspaper.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 21, 2006
Our first time at the rent committee was only 2 weeks after we filed. Because the landlord's rep didn't bring two important papers our case was postponed another week. We went back yesterday and once some hassle with some of our paperwork was solved and the case was actually heard, it took 5 minutes for them decide against the landlord who was clearly in the wrong. Safe in our home for one more year :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat