R U Going To Watch The Royal Wedding On Friday? Vote!

Topic locked

R U Going to Watch the Royal Wedding on Friday? Vote!

A- Sure, I am going to watch it live!
12%
B- No, that's a total waste of time!!!
59%
C- May watch some of it, or just highlights later on.
29%

Total votes : 17

Re: R U Going to Watch the Royal Wedding on Friday? Vote! May 02, 2011
event horizon wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEhtLug&feature=player_embedded

-- Mon May 02, 2011 1:38 am --

Bethsmum wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Englishman: "What's worn under the kilt?"

Scotsman: "Nuthin! Its aal in purrfuct wuurrkin orrder!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

Oh dear, sigh. How naff to laugh at your own jokes.

I always assumed it was that British 'humor' that I wasn't getting.

There's a big difference in thinking you're funny and actually being funny EH. DK just thinks he is.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: R U Going To Watch The Royal Wedding On Friday? Vote! May 02, 2011
@Bora: Of course you are right! However, my point is what do you call someone in this day and age, who wears a dress worn by the opposite se.x, and likes it? :lol:

@Chocs: Oh dear, how do I put this? You are ignorant. There is a cultural and linguistic diversity in Pakistan from one end to the other. I belong to the North Western parts, and I can assure you that a skirt is not part of the dress there. I have never worn a skirt, and do not have the desire to ever wear one.

@Dillon: Pakistan came into existence in 1947 when India was Partitioned. Surely, you appreciate that there were people living in those parts that became Pakistan before 1947? These people had a history and a culture dating back (in recorded history) to well before 1066, the year of the Norman conquest of Britain wherefrom most historians start British history. As you so arrogantly implied that my history would start now, I hasten to suggest that you are wrong. The history of my family, even according to British Scholars and historians, dates back to about 300BC! I could give you the references if you show the inclination.
Oh, BTW: your reference to the Muslims massacre of the Jews in Granada, Spain! Absolutely deplorable; thats why I am so anti religion. The Christians have their own little (big) massacres to boast about. I remember someone called Hitler really did them in. And who was his great supporter in this enterprise? Why, the King of England, Edward who later had to abdicate his throne. Murky goings on there! Mrs. Simpson was only half the story! :)

@ MCL Misery Boy: Lastly, and bringing up the "rear", the smelly little monkey!
Yes, I was born in 1995 (I wish!) :lol:
There ought to be a notice pasted on your bottom saying:" Smelly Chimp, Stay Clear for your own Health" :lol:
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:@Bora: Of course you are right! However, my point is what do you call someone in this day and age, who wears a dress worn by the opposite se.x, and likes it? :lol:

@Chocs: Oh dear, how do I put this? You are ignorant. There is a cultural and linguistic diversity in Pakistan from one end to the other. I belong to the North Western parts, and I can assure you that a skirt is not part of the dress there. I have never worn a skirt, and do not have the desire to ever wear one.

@Dillon: Pakistan came into existence in 1947 when India was Partitioned. Surely, you appreciate that there were people living in those parts that became Pakistan before 1947? These people had a history and a culture dating back (in recorded history) to well before 1066, the year of the Norman conquest of Britain wherefrom most historians start British history. As you so arrogantly implied that my history would start now, I hasten to suggest that you are wrong. The history of my family, even according to British Scholars and historians, dates back to about 300BC! I could give you the references if you show the inclination.
Oh, BTW: your reference to the Muslims massacre of the Jews in Granada, Spain! Absolutely deplorable; thats why I am so anti religion. The Christians have their own little (big) massacres to boast about. I remember someone called Hitler really did them in. And who was his great supporter in this enterprise? Why, the King of England, Edward who later had to abdicate his throne. Murky goings on there! Mrs. Simpson was only half the story! :)

There ought to be a notice pasted on your bottom saying:" Smelly Chimp, Stay Clear for your own Health" :lol:

So where were you educated in history again?
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

^ Timbuktoo
zonker
BANNED

event horizon wrote:
zonker wrote:@Bora: Of course you are right! However, my point is what do you call someone in this day and age, who wears a dress worn by the opposite se.x, and likes it? :lol:

So where were you educated in history again?

Well he clearly wasn’t :lol: and not surprisingly, knowing now he comes from NW Pakistan, that’s the Swat Valley isn’t it?, the Motherland of all conspiracy theorists, is that where you learned your particular twisted version of historical events Zonker?

:lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Point out my "particular twisted view of historical events" in what I have said there Dillon. No, I dont belong to the Swat Valley, so you are presuming a lot arent you? Your immaturity is beginning to show quite glaringly.
I said Edward, Duke of Windsor, formerly King of the United Kingdom, had Nazi affiliations and sympathies. This is a historical fact and easily verifiable. No surprises there for your trying to hide behind your biased and twisted statements.
zonker
BANNED

Re: R U Going to Watch the Royal Wedding on Friday? Vote! May 02, 2011
sage & onion wrote:Do you own a kilt Sage? Englishmen wear them as well I believe, but are they reserved for people of status?

http://www.clanobrien.com/coat/tartan_kilt.gif

Take a read of this also;

http://www.obrienclan.com/genealogy/tartans/tartan.html

Thanks Sage. Love the history on the kilt. I bet you would cut a fine look wearing one. :)

-- Mon May 02, 2011 12:11 pm --

Someone who is proud of their heritage/culture???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat