R U Going To Watch The Royal Wedding On Friday? Vote!

Topic locked

R U Going to Watch the Royal Wedding on Friday? Vote!

A- Sure, I am going to watch it live!
12%
B- No, that's a total waste of time!!!
59%
C- May watch some of it, or just highlights later on.
29%

Total votes : 17

Re: R U Going to Watch the Royal Wedding on Friday? Vote! Apr 30, 2011
Dubai Knight wrote:
uaekid wrote:Cheap as usual with no taste what so ever.

That's why various members of the UAE royal family were fairly prominently seated near the front at Westminster Abbey.

If it had been done here, I assume you would have had a massed chorus of wailing, hair swinging women, a bunch of guys swinging Charlie Chaplin canes, and the bride arrive in a diamond encrusted Cadillac Escalade?

Yeah.

Tasteful!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight

LOL Exacto, with Zwonker on his trusy frothing camel giving it lady screaming sounds

drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

I missed the whole thing as we were flying home.
I didn't mind one bit that we had to circle Heathrow for half an hour while the fly past took place. We could see the planes if we stood up and pressed our noses to the window.
When we were coming through immigration they were playing the National Anthem, I thought that was a nice touch.
Sky News was on in the Lounge and I grabbed a glass of wine and sat and watched the highlights. Kate looked absolutely beautiful. I loved her dress, it was so understated. The veil was a master piece as you could see right through it at her exressions She was so happy it actually brought a lump to my throat. Their shared wispers of 'You look beautiful' and 'are you happy? were heart rendering.

Hes sister's dress was stunning to. How proud their parents must have felt!

Harry looked dashing in his Blues and Royals uniform and I see his GF was there too, she's a lucky girl!
I loved all the Cavalry riding with the carriage. It was fantastic. It made me proud to be British. It was a fantastic job by the Police, the Forces and everyone else who had a hand in organising it.
The whole thing went off without a hitch, they say, except for two horses bolting.

I'm still watching Sky News to see what everyone else was wearing. I've seen Becks, asusual he was immaculate. I couldn't see Victoria's dress, I want to see how pregnant she looks. I love them two.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: R U Going To Watch The Royal Wedding On Friday? Vote! Apr 30, 2011
It struck me that I was hard pressed to find any paki/indian oe even passionate mauritian brits amongst the crowd.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Bethsmum wrote:I missed the whole thing as we were flying home.
I didn't mind one bit that we had to circle Heathrow for half an hour while the fly past took place. We could see the planes if we stood up and pressed our noses to the window.
When we were coming through immigration they were playing the National Anthem, I thought that was a nice touch.
Sky News was on in the Lounge and I grabbed a glass of wine and sat and watched the highlights. Kate looked absolutely beautiful. I loved her dress, it was so understated. The veil was a master piece as you could see right through it at her exressions She was so happy it actually brought a lump to my throat. Their shared wispers of 'You look beautiful' and 'are you happy? were heart rendering.

Hes sister's dress was stunning to. How proud their parents must have felt!

Harry looked dashing in his Blues and Royals uniform and I see his GF was there too, she's a lucky girl!
I loved all the Cavalry riding with the carriage. It was fantastic. It made me proud to be British. It was a fantastic job by the Police, the Forces and everyone else who had a hand in organising it.
The whole thing went off without a hitch, they say, except for two horses bolting.

I'm still watching Sky News to see what everyone else was wearing. I've seen Becks, asusual he was immaculate. I couldn't see Victoria's dress, I want to see how pregnant she looks. I love them two.

Heyyyy...Glad to hear you girls made it back home safely!!!

Also hope you had an enjoyable (and uneventful) holidy in Dubai!!

Speaking of Becks:

Has anyone ever seen Victoria with a smile on her face?????

I surely haven't......

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

benwj wrote:It struck me that I was hard pressed to find any paki/indian oe even passionate mauritian brits amongst the crowd.

I noticed that as well. It was a pretty "white" turnout.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
benwj wrote:It struck me that I was hard pressed to find any paki/indian oe even passionate mauritian brits amongst the crowd.

Should have been watching Sky then. Interviewed an Indian lad in Hyde Park who had proudly flown in from Mumbai and there was plenty of ethnic variety in the background. Later they also spoke to people from France, the US, and a very happy man from Ghana.

Selective vision is a sad thing.

8) :arrow: :|

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Should have been watching Sky then. Interviewed an Indian lad in Hyde Park who had proudly flown in from Mumbai and there was plenty of ethnic variety in the background. Later they also spoke to people from France, the US, and a very happy man from Ghana.

Selective vision is a sad thing.

8) :arrow: :|

Knight

My observation is based on Dubai One's coverage. The "selective vision" is that of the news stations, not the viewers.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Hmm, seems like royal appendages are located more inferiorly to regular humans
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:Image

Hmm, seems like royal appendages are located more inferiorly to regular humans

Nah, she was just blowing up his party balloon...look, the little girl on the left is scared its going to pop!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

LOL! welcome back Ben. Shaf's still hiding his head in the sand on some random beach.

Speaking of Becks:

I surely haven't......

Tom, the history of Victoria's failing to smile goes back a way. She didn't have such good teeth back in the old days and trained herself not to smile. She really has a wicked sense of humour and plays down her and David's importance somewhat! I'm afraid you may have to be British to 'get' her. She is funny and I like her a lot.
Bethsmum

Re: R U Going To Watch The Royal Wedding On Friday? Vote! May 01, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:

LOL! welcome back Ben. Shaf's still hiding his head in the sand on some random beach.

Speaking of Becks:

I surely haven't......

Tom, the history of Victoria's failing to smile goes back a way. She didn't have such good teeth back in the old days and trained herself not to smile. She really has a wicked sense of humour and plays down her and David's importance somewhat! I'm afraid you may have to be British to 'get' her. She is funny and I like her a lot.

Would love to see Victoria smile to the cameras. She would definitely look more attractive with a nice smile!!

With all her money, I'm sure she had her teeth fixed by now!!! No excuses!!

BTW, Kate has an incredible smile, which makes her look even more stunning!

A smile can surely go a long way!!

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: R U Going to Watch the Royal Wedding on Friday? Vote! May 01, 2011
Quite a beautiful wedding that, extremely classy. What really struck me as awesome was Westminster Abbey's, Gothic architecture and that pipe organ....simply amazing. The acoustics must've been out of the world.
Does Britain have a lot many structures with Gothic architecture?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Peacock, about the only thing good about Scotland is Chivas Regal! :drunken:
Otherwise, you are a bunch of cross-dressers. And thats tradition? :lol:
Why would men dress as women for the sake of tradition? :lol:
Elsewhere, Tom Jones has mentioned the staggering cost of the wedding, in a country thats in economic decline and blaming it all on the foreigners and immigrants. I feel sorry for an empire that once boasted that the sun never set on it. It seems to be in perpetual darkness now. :cry:
zonker
BANNED

zonker wrote:Peacock, about the only thing good about Scotland is Chivas Regal! :drunken:

Zonker, every year on St Patrick's day there is a parade along Fifth Avenue in NYC. One of the highlights of that parade are when the Scottish appeared all decked out in their kilts. Some were so sexy and handsome they could make a woman's knees go weak!!!

Every culture has it's traditional dress Zonker. :wink:

Men wore dresses/skirts/togas before trousers. Go back to the time of the Roman Empire. No trousers then - just long and short togas.

I have to say that Russell Crowe, Richard Harris, Richard Burton, Sean Connery, Mel Gibson, to name a few, look every bit the man when in a kilt/toga and they looked mighty hot and sexy!!!! Highly unlikely anyone would call any one of them a cross-dresser. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Also what about men in sarongs? Becks looked awsome in a sarong.

Zonker you're a bit of an idiot to say kilts are cross-dressing, it's national dress and that's insulting. Would you like us to say all the locals wear dresses most of the time? Because that's basically what they are!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Also what about men in sarongs? Becks looked awsome in a sarong.

Zonker you're a bit of an idiot to say kilts are cross-dressing, it's national dress and that's insulting. Would you like us to say all the locals wear dresses most of the time? Because that's basically what they are!

He's no local, he's a Pakistani.

The sticker on his forehead should read, "Giving Pakistani's a bad name since 1995" (he can't be older than that)
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Also what about men in sarongs? Becks looked awsome in a sarong.

The sticker on his forehead should read, "Giving Pakistani's a bad name since 1995" (he can't be older than that)

LOL forgot about that. Don't a lot of Pakistanis wear skirts?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:

LOL forgot about that. Don't a lot of Pakistanis wear skirts?

LOL Chocs brill made my day.

All this from a Pakiastani.................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hootsman!
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Bora Bora wrote:
zonker wrote:Peacock, about the only thing good about Scotland is Chivas Regal! :drunken:

Zonker, every year on St Patrick's day there is a parade along Fifth Avenue in NYC. One of the highlights of that parade are when the Scottish appeared all decked out in their kilts. Some were so sexy and handsome they could make a woman's knees go weak!!!

Just a note BB, not all kilts are Scottish.

http://www.kiltrental.com/irish%20national.jpg
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

drewpeacock wrote:
LOL Chocs brill made my day.

All this from a Pakiastani.................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hootsman!

What's the problem with Pakistanis?
Bethsmum

There's no problem with Pakistani's - we're just making the point that Zonker (alledged Pakistani) also wears a 'skirt' as part of his national dress!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:There's no problem with Pakistani's - we're just making the point that Zonker (alledged Pakistani) also wears a 'skirt' as part of his national dress!

Does he really? That's news to BM!
Bethsmum

zonker wrote:
Dillon wrote:
zonker wrote:I think its a total waste of time and a great turn-off!
As for "tradition", go far enough back into the history of mankind and what do you get?
Better to look ahead. Tradition belongs in a museum. 8)

Yes, I tend to find this is usually the opinion of those who don’t have it!, never mind Zonker, maybe in a couple of hundred Years or so you’ll be in a position to deny your own eeh?

:lol:

Dillon, my history goes back a few hundred years before 1066, so I know what I am talking about.

So why is 1066 significant? A quick look revealed several important historical events of that Year. There was an invasion of Britain from Vikings in the North and Normans on the southern coast which led to the Norman conquest of Britain. The Normans of course were French speaking Vikings who settled around 150 Years earlier brought to France by King Rollo who created Normandy.

In Granada, Spain, a Muslim mob crucified a Jewish vizier, and massacred around 4,000 Jews. And there were several other events in Scandanavia, so which one is it Zonker? as Pakistan didn't exist before the partition of India in 1947.

:?
Dillon

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Its all gone quiet on the western front.

Is someone away ironing his skirt?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Chocoholic wrote:Zonker you're a bit of an idiot to say kilts are cross-dressing, it's national dress and that's insulting. Would you like us to say all the locals wear dresses most of the time? Because that's basically what they are!

I don't think it would matter much to Zonker if you said all locals wear dresses. :bounce: :bounce:

-- Sun May 01, 2011 10:13 pm --

sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Just a note BB, not all kilts are Scottish.

http://www.kiltrental.com/irish%20national.jpg

I know Sage. But these lovely men wore the red tartan kilts, which I believe is Scottish. Also in the parade were Irish in (green tartan) kilts. These men are firemen and policemen. Oh, those legs!!!!

Do you own a kilt Sage? Englishmen wear them as well I believe, but are they reserved for people of status?

-- Sun May 01, 2011 10:22 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:There's no problem with Pakistani's - we're just making the point that Zonker (alledged Pakistani) also wears a 'skirt' as part of his national dress!

Are you saying he's IN Pakistan?? I don't recall Zonker ever saying where he lives. Because a "skirt" is part of his national dress, who is to say that he wears one, wherever he resides? There are many Scots in Dubai, but I'm sure that they don't wear their national dress to work. The only time I have seen anyone in a kilt was are formal functions.

Chocs, although locals wear a kandora every day, they wear western clothes outside when going to say, the UK (where you may find the rare few in national dress), the US, Australia, Singapore.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Do you own a kilt Sage? Englishmen wear them as well I believe, but are they reserved for people of status?

There are 43 Irish tartans arranged by County and a hell of a lot more Scottish Tartans arranged by Clan, City, Region, Aristocrat and the Hebrides in addition to International, National and Military in a range of colours covering the whole spectrum.

There is a tartan specifically for Northumberland, an English County bordering Scotland where smallpipes, a traditional musical instrument are also played, similar to bagpipes but the air is supplied to the bag from bellows placed under the arm rather than from a blowpipe.

After the union of England with Scotland in 1707, Queen Anne from the House of Stuart, declared that all Englishmen shall have the right to wear any of the Royal Tartans.

And what does a true Scotsman wear under his Kilt?

Well this Scottish barstool may give you a clue

Barstool.jpg
Barstool
Barstool.jpg (7.13 KiB) Viewed 1475 times
Dillon

Re: R U Going to Watch the Royal Wedding on Friday? Vote! May 02, 2011
Englishman: "What's worn under the kilt?"

Scotsman: "Nuthin! Its aal in purrfuct wuurrkin orrder!"

Knight
Dubai Knight

Do you own a kilt Sage? Englishmen wear them as well I believe, but are they reserved for people of status?

http://www.clanobrien.com/coat/tartan_kilt.gif

Take a read of this also;

http://www.obrienclan.com/genealogy/tartans/tartan.html
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dubai Knight wrote:Englishman: "What's worn under the kilt?"

Knight

Oh dear, sigh. How naff to laugh at your own jokes.
Bethsmum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEht ... r_embedded

-- Mon May 02, 2011 1:38 am --

Bethsmum wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Englishman: "What's worn under the kilt?"

Knight

Oh dear, sigh. How naff to laugh at your own jokes.

I always assumed it was that British 'humor' I wasn't getting.
event horizon

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat