Going Mad Abt A Song Which Is Currently Running On....

Topic locked
Aug 06, 2009
"Only in the UAE baby only in the UAE"

That somes it up perfectly.

Isn't it great!!!! :D

And yes, funny how the thread is going....maybe it will turn into a "Let's not moan about the UAE...some things are v.cool" thread....or perhaps not.

Your starter for 10 - How cool is it to hang around in 5 star hotels having a night out, every week, and NOT feel like you shouldn't really be there?!

BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 06, 2009
BlueOrb wrote:I actually find the whole "more money than taste" thing great!

In the UK, outside of London, you're lucky to see a Porsche. Here, you see every car you could think of. And top-spec at that.

Got home last night to find a Maybach limo parked in my parking space, with the chauffeur polishing the windcreen. Honked my horn, made a "I'm parking there, so shift it mate!" sort of gesture, and he moved.

Fantastic, Made my day. That would only happen to me in Dubai!

Haa well a similar thing happened to me a couple of days back. I enter my parkin only to find a gleaming black bentley with a number plate 1 in my space. I suppose the plate was RAK or Ajman. There was nobody in the car no chaff, nobody. But that's ok, cuz I'm ain't calling the cops in for a one digit number plate. No problemo mate, I'll just back up and fine me another space.
I guess you can only smile when sumtin like that happens :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 06, 2009
Nah, call the cops. Or block him in. What's the worst that could happen...........?

Second thoughts, yeah.......let him stay. Back up and park in the disabled spot :D
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 06, 2009
You need to find to find out who he was visiting in your building and make good friends with him/her LOL :D
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 11, 2009
BlueOrb wrote:Nah, call the cops. Or block him in. What's the worst that could happen...........?

Second thoughts, yeah.......let him stay. Back up and park in the disabled spot :D

C'mon dude that's asking for trouble.
It's like calling in the cops to move out the chief of police. :lol:

This time I chose better safe than sorry! :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 16, 2009
BlueOrb wrote: How cool is it to hang around in 5 star hotels having a night out, every week, and NOT feel like you shouldn't really be there?!

Excellent quote. Just about sums up expat life here in Dubai...

... the latter sums up the attitude against "Dubai Expats who think their stuff don't stink" upon return home.
dresden
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat