GMAT Prep Courses..

Topic locked
GMAT prep courses.. Jul 10, 2007
Can any one suggest some good GMAT prep centres in dubai..
A list of good books suggested would also do great

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: GMAT prep courses.. Jul 10, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:Can any one suggest some good GMAT prep centres in dubai..
A list of good books suggested would also do great

are u planning for an MBA? If so then where ?

My english is outclass , so i dont need to go for this test :lol: . I never passed TOEFL in my entire life .

These tests are meant to support US Govt.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 10, 2007
HP!!! stop acting.. n leave that broken english :P :D I'm just thinking abt it.. may b in US or somewhere in Europe.. but for sure.. I wanna study something.. :| but dunno if it'll work out.. but i'm worried lest I dont make an effort I'll never know the result.. but no one here seems to know anything on it.. or no one is interested.. ..
It'll also help DF when someone tries to google 'GMAT in Dubai'.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 11, 2007
I am not going to recommend you the European MBA. US is the palce for MBA but again it is the matter of reputation of Business skole vs no name Business schools. Well cost of MBA is also big factor.
I heard London Business School (LBS) is opening their branch in Dubai. It must be expensive .

You shuld also consider where do u want to get settle in future. It is hard to get job in Europe with Business education as u have to speak the language of subject country and it is not that easy. U cant expect to talk to Italian in Englesk. :lol:

Keith has MBA from london , i forgot his university , was it south bank university ? I am not sure but u can check the price and ranking of business skole.

about GMAT :

U need to buy the books and need to do lot of exercises .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 11, 2007
Most of the Business schools in UK are money making machines. They run the MBA for one year instead of 3 years MBA . Thats strange. I dont have trust on UK's universities and the quality óf education in UK :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 11, 2007
Yea Very true.. there are lots of schools just for the name sake.. and almost all schools are lookin to make money But I guess thats the case with education anywhere.... charging money to meet expenses is fine but to make profilt is a but uncool.. :| but hey who r we to decide.. :)

nice suggestions, I've heard that of the good european MBA's where people speak english :P, Bradford, Cambridge, Lundon Business School r good ones.. n how abt Copenhagen Business School?

I'd preferably do it in India IIM... but CAT, thats one real hard nut to crack :) :) otherwise from US. If UAE has some reputed schools and the courses that i'm lookin at, i'dnt mind takin it up here as well..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 11, 2007
I did Master in E-Business from Copenhagen Business school. CBS used to run the master course in IT University of Copenhagen. Well tution fee is quite high now in Denmark . Prospect of jobs after Business degree is quite low .

I think u shuld look for english speaking countries. Otherwise in Europe u have to start like a child who doesnt know any language :lol: .

why do u want to do an MBA? career change ?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 11, 2007
HP wrote:I did Master in E-Business from Copenhagen Business school. CBS used to run the master course in IT University of Copenhagen. Well tution fee is quite high now in Denmark . Prospect of jobs after Business degree is quite low .

I think u shuld look for english speaking countries. Otherwise in Europe u have to start like a child who doesnt know any language :lol: .

why do u want to do an MBA? career change ?

Oh I tried replying to yoa orkut scrap.. :D but could only watch the system spit it back to me... i couldnt answer that scrap.... :)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 11, 2007
i realized that DF community has left Orkut :P .

But sage is still there wid me :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 11, 2007
barnes and nobles sells books on gmat prep...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 11, 2007
Amazon.co.uk or Germany must be having lot of collection of books. I think u can buy indian edítion from India . No need to waste money on paper quality :P

Copenhagen Business skole has exec.MBA , which is quite expensive , otherwise they have tradational MSc degrees.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 12, 2007
HP wrote:Most of the Business schools in UK are money making machines. They run the MBA for one year instead of 3 years MBA . Thats strange. I dont have trust on UK's universities and the quality óf education in UK :lol:

MBAs can run for 1, 1.5 or 2 years, 3 years would be for half wits. LBS is the only top-ranked UK school, INSEAD the only other world brand in Europe but Oxford and Cambridge coming up fast thanks to big investment.

Search for GMAT on www.top-consultant.com, click on the careers forum.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 12, 2007
a new graduate person , always think he/she can change the business to different level and when he or she has to make excel sheets for hours , the he or she comes to real world :lol:

The job which suits me a lot , is a job where i can take a sleep during work for few hours.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 14, 2007
bushra21 wrote:barnes and nobles sells books on gmat prep...

Thanks bushy....
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 14, 2007
scot1870 wrote:
HP wrote:Most of the Business schools in UK are money making machines. They run the MBA for one year instead of 3 years MBA . Thats strange. I dont have trust on UK's universities and the quality óf education in UK :lol:

MBAs can run for 1, 1.5 or 2 years, 3 years would be for half wits. LBS is the only top-ranked UK school, INSEAD the only other world brand in Europe but Oxford and Cambridge coming up fast thanks to big investment.

Search for GMAT on www.top-consultant.com, click on the careers forum.

like u said .. any MBA that runs for more than 2 yrs fulltime is for dimwits.. I'd like to join for a full time 2 yr course if its in US or a partime course if i'mma be in dubai..I do know that there's a huge difference between the two in terms of quality of education and the gradings..
neway thanks for the heads up scott...
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 15, 2007
Hi You all. I'm "brand" new here at the forum...would really apreciate any more details about GMAT prep courses in Dubai. what about the American University in Dubai? it it good?
Maria Luiza
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 15, 2007
ddd
Maria Luiza
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 15, 2007
^^ hi Maria.. welcome to DF.. n appropriate post..I'm sure there are lotsa people who've got lotsa info in here.. just waiting for them to reply.. :) As soon as I get more info.. i'll b posting more as well.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat