Global Crisis Casts Shadow Over Saudi’s Futuristic Cities

Topic locked
Global crisis casts shadow over Saudi’s futuristic cities Feb 02, 2009
Pretty grim picture coming out of the top oil producing country. Abu Dhabi doesn't have a chance.

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090 ... 48064/1137

K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 02, 2009
I really can't see why you guys bother with things that does not concern you in the first place !
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 02, 2009
It's called being interested in global economics.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 02, 2009
interested in global economics my as*, this what you guys have a lack of, all I'm seeing is the domestic interest for some reason !! get real choc.

but you are right, someone gota be interested about the GLOBAL economic, after all that where everyone is headed !
uaekid

Feb 02, 2009
Perhaps because we live in this region! Many people travel to Saudi on a regular basis from the UAE for work.

It does affect this place too.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 02, 2009
We all know that the world economy is in trouble but the first thing to tackle any problem is to admit there is a problem. President Obama's inaugural speech is an example. But when you live in a censored society like this everyone is forced to lie, live in denial with their rose tinted glasses, where journalists can be imprisoned for reporting the facts. Just pick up any newspaper and you'll know what I'm talking about. A Nakheel Director was showing me an Arabic newspaper this morning with his interview. He told me he was asked to say that everything with Nakheel is just fine and dandy, all projects on schedule. Even he was laughing about it. Who are they fooling, nothing but themselves.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 02, 2009
K-Dog wrote:We all know that the world economy is in trouble but the first thing to tackle any problem is to admit there is a problem. President Obama's inaugural speech is an example. But when you live in a censored society like this everyone is forced to lie, live in denial with their rose tinted glasses, where journalists can be imprisoned for reporting the facts. Just pick up any newspaper and you'll know what I'm talking about. A Nakheel Director was showing me an Arabic newspaper this morning with his interview. He told me he was asked to say that everything with Nakheel is just fine and dandy, all projects on schedule. Even he was laughing about it. Who are they fooling, nothing but themselves.

its really funny, I mean it was all over the news that the GOV paid Billions to support banks, many companies had to close 10000s left the country, and this is not enough for you to tell you what is happening ?
eveyone knows that already, so what if they lie, everyone can see the half built building with no workers !

Beside get over the mega projects already will you ! it's not like we can afford them real estate or built for us in the first place anyway. all you have been talking about is the economic crisis, GET OVER IT
uaekid

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat