E-Gate System

Topic locked
E-Gate system Feb 22, 2007
Is it me, or is Dubai becoming more sensless everyday?

First, there was a parking problem, the RTA claimed to solve the problem by adding parking meters, expensive ones (Dhs 1,500-Dhs 3,000 annualy). That did not solve the problem, made it kind of worse and now so many parking spots are almost empty.

Now, the e-gate system, seriously, they claim to reduce traffic by making people pay? they hope that people will use alternate routes? which are emirates road, al khail road and jumeirah beach road? hold on, those roads are already causing traffic problems.............

So.........what is going on here? there is a new building starting construction every week, and they expect traffic to be light? 70+% of people working in Dubai live in Sharjah, not Dubai itself..............

So, am i alone on this?

hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 22, 2007
So what's your alternative solution?

It's a very good idea and I honestly back it. If it means "70%" of Dubai workers actually shared transport than all taking their own car to work every day then the problem is solved.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 22, 2007
Well, not solved, but better!
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 22, 2007
Alternate solution would be to bridge the gap between Sharjah and Dubai.

One road, similar to Emirates road, that is made specifically for Sharjah route, starting at say, Jebal Ali, all the way to Almulla Plaza/Sharjah Dubai Road.

Im just thinking out loud here, but adding toll fees is not going to solve the problem. Unless they open up the Dubai Metro really soon (like this year), i know i will be using the Metro, heck the station is being beuild in the parking lot near my appartment.
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: E-Gate system Feb 22, 2007
hosrom_951 wrote:Is it me, or is Dubai becoming more sensless everyday?

nah, its just you dude

hosrom_951 wrote:Now, the e-gate system, seriously, they claim to reduce traffic by making people pay?

Its sucks but it could work, who knows?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 22, 2007
If you want trouble try the solution set out in the last of the letters to the Editor of 7Days. in todays edition:twisted:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 22, 2007
scot1870 wrote:So what's your alternative solution?

It's a very good idea and I honestly back it. If it means "70%" of Dubai workers actually shared transport than all taking their own car to work every day then the problem is solved.

It'd help if they did not make carpooling illegal. There are already stories of friends travelling together getting pulled over.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 22, 2007
gtmash wrote:

It'd help if they did not make carpooling illegal. There are already stories of friends travelling together getting pulled over.

Eh? I smell an urban myth. They launched the system saying they wanted people to share more.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 22, 2007
scot1870 wrote:
gtmash wrote:

Eh? I smell an urban myth. They launched the system saying they wanted people to share more.

Live in Karama, Satwa or Ghusais? They catch cars like Toyotas and Nissans, suspecting them of being private taxis. Traditionally, Asians who work together also pay one among them to drive them all to work if everyone doesn't have a car. That'd technically be illegal too. Cops or RTA cronies usually pounce during the actual pick-up act.

Obviously Mirdif, Jumeirah, Dubai Marina and Emaar areas are not targeted.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 22, 2007
How about banning everyone from Sharjah.

Its just a money grab.
Most people will take the hit, and the Dubai Government will be richer.
How else are they meant to raise 10billion dollars for investment?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat