Ford Reaches Agreement To Sell Volvo To Geely

Topic locked
Ford reaches agreement to sell Volvo to Geely Mar 30, 2010
Ford has reached an agreement to sell its Swedish brand Volvo to Chinese carmaker Geely for about $1.8 billion in a multinational sale expected to close in the third quarter of this year.

http://www.thecarlovers.com/index.php?p ... ews&id=120

wishmaster
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Ford reaches agreement to sell Volvo to Geely Mar 30, 2010
wishmaster wrote:Ford has reached an agreement to sell its Swedish brand Volvo to Chinese carmaker Geely for about $1.8 billion in a multinational sale expected to close in the third quarter of this year.

http://www.thecarlovers.com/index.php?p ... ews&id=120

So this means I will be driving a Chinese vehicle manufactured in Sweden with a Japanese Engine, oh dear, I'm confused, lol
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Ford reaches agreement to sell Volvo to Geely Mar 30, 2010
Who's next on the chinese shopping list.

Very soon there will be high end luxury sedan and SUV dealerships opening in dragon mart. Being sold next to cheap knocks offs ! They already do cars like the Land Cruisers and Prado can't wait to see the new Lange Lover.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Ford reaches agreement to sell Volvo to Geely Mar 31, 2010
Sage

I read somewhere that all current volvo owners with DVD sat nav will be sent new disks giving driving directions only in Chinese. If this is not done on receipt, your warranty becomes void.

:lol:
arniegang

apparently Volvo are geely geely pleased with the deal and the chinese are pleased because volvo cars are geely geely good

:P
arniegang

arniegang wrote:Sage

I read somewhere that all current volvo owners with DVD sat nav will be sent new disks giving driving directions only in Chinese. If this is not done on receipt, your warranty becomes void.

:lol:

It's a vely vely good fing, gives dliving a hole new slant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat