For Gabs And Chocs And Vee

Topic locked
Apr 30, 2006
I know that, but they change the formulation for chocolate sold in the ME! They have to reduce the butter fat content and increase the sugar level, which makes it taste funny compared to the stuff back home.

Imported chocolate does not survive in the heat and has to be kept in the fridge...which makes it hard and reduces the flavour. Damn, can't win!

Thankfully Arnie is arriving with a Red Cross parcel of Cadbury's Turkish Delight so I will be getting my fix any day now! Mmmmmmmm......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 30, 2006
Fry's Turkish delight is nice! What is and where do you get the best Turkish delight here? Anyone?
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 01, 2006
That shows how old you are! Arnie asked for Fry's Turkish Delight also...but they were bought by Cadbury's about 10 years ago and the brand has disappeared...the product is the same though. Yummy!

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 02, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:That shows how old you are! Arnie asked for Fry's Turkish Delight also...but they were bought by Cadbury's about 10 years ago and the brand has disappeared...the product is the same though. Yummy!

Knight

It is amazing how things have changed in the 21 years that I have been on this earth! :lol: I thought though in Australia it was still Fry's-they have a 1/3 less fat thingee on the label too. Noticed Galaxy has brought out 100g blocks. With the abundance of chocolate here and places like Cinnabon and Dunkin's, I am in heaven!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 02, 2006
I hate Turkish Delight, it's minging - blurgh. The texture is too weird for me, like I hate Tapioca, reminds me of frog spawn - eewww.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2006
Choco as soon as you use the word minging I know you are in a grumpy @ss mood! :lol: Turkish delight is made from gelatin isn't it? Well, if you hate tapioca, I guess you hate sago. One of my fave desserts is Gula Melaka and it is basically sago (cooked with a cinnamon stick and pandan leaves) with coconut cream and palm sugar syrup-yummy!!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 02, 2006
Actually I'm in a pretty good mood today, must be the gym work outs.

Ever heard of a desert called Juncket? Effectively milk and gelatin and you put spices on it, the farmers we used to live next door to used to make it, a very traditional farmers desert.

I just don't like stuff that's tacky textured or slimy - no rude comments guys!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2006
Oh, EEEEWWWWWWWW junket!! Chuck chunder!! I can remember my mum gave me a little junket tablet to make strawberry junket once-it just congeals the milk!! :pukeright: :pukeleft: :pukeright: :pukeleft: It still gives me goosebumps-really the name says it all-it is junk.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat