Fire In Deira

Topic locked
Fire in Deira Jan 20, 2008
Did anyone else take a note of all those choppers flying around last evening? Apparently, they were all moving in n across deira.. Some passersby said there was a big fire across the creek..read that it was in Radisson SAS

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Fire in Deira Jan 21, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:Did anyone else take a note of all those choppers flying around last evening? Apparently, they were all moving in n across deira.. Some passersby said there was a big fire across the creek..read that it was in Radisson SAS

You mean the hotel that is getting remodelled literally every other week? I am sure there were no alterior motives behined this one :)
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Dubaidude007 wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:Did anyone else take a note of all those choppers flying around last evening? Apparently, they were all moving in n across deira.. Some passersby said there was a big fire across the creek..read that it was in Radisson SAS

You mean the hotel that is getting remodelled literally every other week? I am sure there were no alterior motives behined this one :)

Apparently none of these is in the news..this must have been one of Luci's punked stunt... :lol: :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

reviewer wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

Apparently none of these is in the news..this must have been one of Luci's punked stunt... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah.. There was a small unlikned header that appeared in Khaleej times online. But i think they removed it afterwards. They'd mentioned something like the Room No. 50 where the fire originiated was completely destroyed or something like that.. Dubai is really funny.. I, like the rest of us, could even see a huge smoke coming up from the other side of creek.. but to the rest of the world its just all smoke no fire.. :|

k got it.. this is all that they've

Google Search result for fire in Deira

check the first result on the list.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 21, 2008
There is no such thing as bad news in DubaisneyLand!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

St.Lucifer wrote:
reviewer wrote:
Dubaidude007 wrote:

Nah.. There was a small unlikned header that appeared in Khaleej times online. But i think they removed it afterwards. They'd mentioned something like the Room No. 50 where the fire originiated was completely destroyed or something like that.. Dubai is really funny.. I, like the rest of us, could even see a huge smoke coming up from the other side of creek.. but to the rest of the world its just all smoke no fire.. :|

k got it.. this is all that they've

Google Search result for fire in Deira

check the first result on the list.

I saw the Helicopter hovering around and we could see smoke coming from the hotel on Saturday.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 21, 2008
^^ there u go... Sagey!!! But interesting no news on any of the mediums.. so dubaish!!
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 22, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:^^ there u go... Sagey!!! But interesting no news on any of the mediums.. so dubaish!!

Supposed to be hush-hush...tourists are listening 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 26, 2008
Well as it turns out, the news was there in most of the leading newspapers and online. My search wasnt that good.. Thanks to someone (obviously a journo) who pointed out that the news was indeed widely covered. :oops: all that blame.. :|

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/08 ... 83181.html
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat