Fight Of Falcons

Topic locked
Fight Of Falcons Nov 17, 2006

Inspired by the success of previous public art celebrations in Dubai, Flight Of Falcons completes The Desert Trilogy of public art projects celebrating the revered animals of desert cultures; the Camel in 2004, the Arabian Horse in 2005, and now the Falcon in 2006 & 2007.

Again this public art project brings together schools and universities, the business community and government, artists and the community, all in pursuit to beautify our city and in so doing raise much needed funds for charity.

Artists in the UAE and from around the world are invited to paint and embellish falcon sculptures into unique works of art. These diverse falcon artworks will then be showcased in a multitude of high-profile locations in Dubai. The project culminates in a gala public art auction to raise funds for charity.

Flight Of Falcons is honored to enjoy the patronage of Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of the Board of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Establishment for Young Business Leaders and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council.

Flight Of Falcons has been launched and the first order of the day is to introduce the project to potential artists who are invited to submit designs for the falcon sculpture.

A Call To Artists explains how artists can participate in the project. Painters, sculptors, architects, graphic artists, and art students are invited to join in this unique public art campaign and fund raising project.

more at: http://www.flightoffalcons.ae

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 17, 2006
oh I like this! Very pretty! hope I don't get run over while taking pictures of them falcons.
freza
Dubai chat master

Nov 22, 2006
freza are you that small? :roll:

Awesome designs! Very artistic :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 22, 2006
rock and roll baby
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 22, 2006