My Favourite Sweets.

Topic locked
My favourite Sweets. Jul 28, 2011
Well, a bit of a stressful day at BM's place of work today! :cry:
All 11 of us in my team were being trained on a new computer system. You would have the thought the world had ended today. Why do women get so stressed? Is it because they don't like change or because they are not very confident?
I'm afraid I don't have a lot of patience with anything or anybody. If you can't do the job, fall on your sword and let someone else have a go, in my opinion! Anyways we battled on, training manual and trainer at hand.

I must have been having a soft day, as at dinner time, I decided to buy my team some sweets. I thought it may get us through the afternoon :D They were all looking pretty shell shocked come 12.30, except my little friend Gavlar. What a star! A fit 19 year old rubby player and very intelligent too. That boy will go far.

I wandered down the High Street and into the local newsagents.
Now in BM's part of the world, you can still but sweets by the quarter. For you foreign lot, that means loose sweets, purchased by weight, in this case, a quarter of a pound.

I viewed the jars on display. Where were my favourite Sherbet Lemons? Where were the Sherbet Spaceships?

I have to admit, it is ages since I bought sweets by the quarter. I was advised by the salesperson that they hadn't stocked Sherbet Spaceships for years. I was gutted! What is the world coming to?

I came away with a quarter of Werthers Originals, a quarter of Trebor Extra Strong Mints, a quarter of Wine Gums and a quarter of Cinder Toffee.

We got through the lot.

It got me thinking back to the days when my mother sent me to the shops for a quarter of broken biscuits, and the days when we must have been really poor, when my sister and I were told to be quiet when the milkman knocked on for payment on a Friday night. We were poor but happy! (my dad was in the RAF, we were never flush :D )

What are your favourite sweets?

I don't like Snickers, they will always be Marathons to me.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: My favourite Sweets. Jul 28, 2011
Don't have a "sweet tooth" not even as a kid growing up in oops!
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

One of my Sons has a sweet tooth and I sent him a gift hamper from http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/ some time ago and he asks for one now every year for his birthday!

My favourites were Riley's Plain Chocolate Toffee Rolls, Payne's Peanut Brittle, Spanish Gold and Soft Liquorice, Uncle Joes Mint Balls were always fun to ask for.

:lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Vodka, does that count.

But no really, i do enjoy a munch on some nice milk chocolate no and again.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Don't necessarily have a sweet tooth, but I do have a sour tooth!!!

I love a good dark chocolate - Patchi is my favorite, and I'll even eat the milk chocolate that has the crushed nuts in it (yum yum). Second to that are biscuits that a layer of dark chocolate with a cup of coffee, or just nibble on when reading. It seems that the only time I get a craving for some dark chocolate is at night.

To satisfy my sour tooth, due to the weather I guess, I'm going through lemon ice pops like crazy!!! Found them in Spinney's and I'm addicted!!!

BM, I would think you would like a couple of Snickers every so often. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mmmmmmm Chocolate nipples...now there's an idea :idea:

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dillon wrote:Mmmmmmm Chocolate nipples...now there's an idea :idea:

Oh, my! I obviously was talking about Mr BB's favorite sweet :D - which I have now edited!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Dillon wrote:Mmmmmmm Chocolate nipples...now there's an idea :idea:

Oh, my! I obviously was talking about Mr BB's favorite sweet :D - which I have now edited!!!!

You should have left it the way it was Bora, it gave me my first smile of the day.

It made me think of that famous High Street store and all of it's chocolate body parts. I prefer Cadbury's.
Bethsmum

Re: My Favourite Sweets. Jul 28, 2011
It could also put the last smile on your face at the end of the day. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I like the Lindt Chilli-chocolate at the moment.

FYI, yes BM we can get sweets by the quarter in every shopping mall here - please note the 'loose' sweet stands next time you're in town.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:I like the Lindt Chilli-chocolate at the moment.

FYI, yes BM we can get sweets by the quarter in every shopping mall here - please note the 'loose' sweet stands next time you're in town.

I'm not talking about at horrid Pix 'n Mix stuff sold by those Fillipinos, Chocs. I'm talking about a traditional Old Sweetie Shop.
Little Coke bottles, strands of red laces and rubber fried eggs are just rubbish! I hope you don't eat those Chocs. Yuk!
Bethsmum

Snickers, don't know if this count or not .... but I can't see it on a shelf without getting one or 2 sometimes 3 :D
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Bags or bars Mahmoud?? I usually grab one - a bag of minis that is. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: My Favourite Sweets. Jul 29, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:Bags or bars Mahmoud?? I usually grab one - a bag of minis that is. :D

bars mostly BB, I can't see it at home in bags and not eating it...
Snickers is the best.
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat