FAO: Sage & Onion

Topic locked
FAO: Sage & Onion Nov 13, 2006
My friend says hi, and he gave me a bottle of Jamesons.

He also gave me a list of 22 license plates from Dubai also spotted at the hole in the wall, including some with very few digits being driven by men dressed in white.

My conscience is getting to me, who should I give this list to! These people need to be saved!!!!!

Where will they deport the men in white to? I hope it's somewhere nice, my friend said they were nice people, and they bought lots too.

P.S. He says the Ajman hole in the wall, is open until midnight as well, and has a good selection, but he thinks the Barracuda is better.

But I don't know why I'm telling you this, because you've been in Dubai for 150 years and you haven't there once.

Har Har. :P :P :P

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 13, 2006
:D :D :D Ian.

Learned a lot yesterday from the thread that you and S&O were discussing the liquor issue. Went to Barracuda about 2 months ago, never knowing we were in danger. My husband sure would have been surprised with a phone call from Sharjah!!! And I would have been totally shocked and clueless!!!!! But your friend is right, Barracuda is like a "real" liquor store. Maybe we need a helicopter for the next visit, as it might be safer and no patrol cars.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: FAO: Sage & Onion Nov 14, 2006
^ian^ wrote:My friend says hi, and he gave me a bottle of Jamesons.

He also gave me a list of 22 license plates from Dubai also spotted at the hole in the wall, including some with very few digits being driven by men dressed in white.

My conscience is getting to me, who should I give this list to! These people need to be saved!!!!!

Where will they deport the men in white to? I hope it's somewhere nice, my friend said they were nice people, and they bought lots too.

P.S. He says the Ajman hole in the wall, is open until midnight as well, and has a good selection, but he thinks the Barracuda is better.

But I don't know why I'm telling you this, because you've been in Dubai for 150 years and you haven't there once.

Did I say that I had never been Ian???

I said I wouldn't go there now because of the ridiculous risk.

You can make all the jokes that you like about it, still doesn't take away the danger, and for what?

So what if the place is full of people dressed in white, thats up to them, I just want people to know the risk they run going to those places, if you think that is wrong then I feel sorry for you.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 14, 2006
:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Awws... :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 14, 2006
asc_26 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Awws... :wink:

What do you mean ASC???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 14, 2006
emoticons can explain it all. Good Morning Sage! Let's have brunch..:D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 15, 2006
asc_26 wrote:emoticons can explain it all. Good Morning Sage! Let's have brunch..:D

Can anyone come?
Desert Scorpion
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 15, 2006
asc_26 wrote:emoticons can explain it all. Good Morning Sage! Let's have brunch..:D

Sorry ASC, looks like I am a little late for yesterday's brunch, I hope you ate enough for both of us :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 15, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

Sorry ASC, looks like I am a little late for yesterday's brunch, I hope you ate enough for both of us :lol:

Yes daddy..i am a sweet daughter. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 15, 2006
Desert Scorpion wrote:

Can anyone come?

seek permission from my daddy first... :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 15, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Yes daddy..i am a sweet daughter. :D

Glad to hear it :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: FAO: Sage & Onion Nov 15, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

You can make all the jokes that you like about it, still doesn't take away the danger, and for what?

So what if the place is full of people dressed in white, thats up to them, I just want people to know the risk they run going to those places, if you think that is wrong then I feel sorry for you.

Wise words Sage. No one imagines they will run into problems until they run into problems. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: FAO: Sage & Onion Nov 15, 2006
kanelli wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Wise words Sage. No one imagines they will run into problems until they run into problems. :D

This is so true K
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 15, 2006
Simple mathematics. Sharjah police have said they can't even respond to traffic accidents within 2 hours, I'm sure that's because they're lining up on the border waiting to catch people transporting liquor.

Anyway, you guys are right, I'm wrong.
^ian^

Nov 15, 2006
No, you are right Ian. Everyone should make liquor runs through dry Emirates when there have been reports of guys stopping vehicles and scamming large sums of money in order for the cops not to be called in. It is our bad for suggesting that people might want to be careful and decide whether it is worth the risk or not. Please forgive us. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 15, 2006
kanelli wrote:No, you are right Ian. Everyone should make liquor runs through dry Emirates when there have been reports of guys stopping vehicles and scamming large sums of money in order for the cops not to be called in. It is our bad for suggesting that people might want to be careful and decide whether it is worth the risk or not. Please forgive us. :lol:

Kanellie that's bad advice!

People should make up their own mind whether they're willing to take the risk or not. It's ok to mention once the potential issues one may run into, but to repeat like a broken record... what we're either blind, stupid, or both.

I somewhat agree there are risks, but if you know the risks, and are prepared to accept them, then you're also prepared for what happens.
^ian^

Nov 15, 2006
If "risk" was everything I would stop driving in Dubai tomorrow.

You are risking your life by driving in Dubai 100 times more than in NYC. 54 deaths in NYC from 9,500,000 residents. 389 deaths in Dubai last year out of 1,000,000 :shock: :shock: :shock: Not good at math but it looks like 100 times (used to be good at math but...)
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 15, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
kanelli wrote:No, you are right Ian. Everyone should make liquor runs through dry Emirates when there have been reports of guys stopping vehicles and scamming large sums of money in order for the cops not to be called in. It is our bad for suggesting that people might want to be careful and decide whether it is worth the risk or not. Please forgive us. :lol:

Kanellie that's bad advice!

People should make up their own mind whether they're willing to take the risk or not. It's ok to mention once the potential issues one may run into, but to repeat like a broken record... what we're either blind, stupid, or both.

I somewhat agree there are risks, but if you know the risks, and are prepared to accept them, then you're also prepared for what happens.

Actually in this I agree with Ian, I have had my say, everyone knows the risks and if they still want to do it, then thats up to them
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat