My Experience With Oman Insurance BEWARE..!

Topic locked
My Experience with Oman Insurance BEWARE..! Mar 07, 2011
I felt so cheated after this incident; should we trust these Dubai insurance personnel. Below is my recently incident with the above mentioned company and it’s your own personal justification to use them or not as your car insurance company.

I had an accident along Dubai-Al Ain road; my car went over an anomaly dropped by a vehicle. It hits my front bumper and side body kit so hit that my front bumper came off and side body kit cracks. Standard procedure; make a police report, get the green form and report to the insurance company for claim as I have full comprehensive insurance. At the claim centre, I was told bout the surveyor after assessing my car that I will have to pay an excess of 750aed for the repair and I accept that. Give a letter stating that excess of 750aed, I went to the assigned garage and was told that I have to pay an excess of 750aed upon collection and I agreed. Last week when I collect my car, I was told by the garage to pay 1500aed because the insurance company have alter the letter and state 2 excess (1500aed) on it. Was told by the garage that the insurance came down to the garage and replace the letter (from 750aed to 1500aed) without my acknowledgement.

What I confront the company, I was told that the surveyor change his assessment from 1 accident to 2 days after the first evaluation and replace the letter with 750aed to 1500aed without my knowledge.

The reason I was given;
• Surveyor thinks that I have 2 accidents.
• They cant find second hand parts for my car so they have to buy new parts.
• My car is old, so either I pay for the new parts or accept 2 accidents.

Questions;
• What can I do with such case? :roll:
• What rights does the insurance company have to change its assessment from time to time without informing the policy holder? :cry:

Is this how a big insurance company in UAE works?

This is a clear cheating policy holder case and it shows how unprofessional and cunning this company was. Beware for such cheats and select the right company for your car insurance as otherwise you might be like me paying huge premium and yet are not fully insured.

Sunray
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: My Experience with Oman Insurance BEWARE..! Mar 07, 2011
First off, this should be in the Blacklist section. Secondly, doesn't sound right to be honest but I'd hardly call Oman insurance a BIG company. They're nothing compared to people like Sun, RSA, AXA etc. Personally I think you're lucky to even get the insurance to pay andything, the police could have refused to give you the green slip because they could have said you were driving without due care and attention and should have avoided the obstacle.

I would dispute the two accidents policy, that just sounds crazy. Threaten to write a letter to 7 Days, normally does the trick.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:I would dispute the two accidents policy, that just sounds crazy. Threaten to write a letter to 7 Days, normally does the trick.

About the only thing you can do - since the amount in dispute is small and will cost you more to fight it. Oh, and change insurance companies after you get your car back (that really is the best medicine!)
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: My Experience With Oman Insurance BEWARE..! Mar 07, 2011
I had Arab Orient my first year; afte having to pay out for a hit and run, they refused to renew my insurance, since they claimed "we lost 3000 dhs in repairing your car". Isnt that the point of a "full" insurance policy?

Anyways moved to RSA, never needed to use them, but they seem ok so far
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

RSA are pretty good, never had any issues with them. Plus they re-register your car for you :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: My Experience With Oman Insurance BEWARE..! Mar 16, 2011
Just beware, problems always come when you need to make claims.
Sunray
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat