Topic locked
Excuse Me Whilst i Scream Mar 04, 2006
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

they are doing my head in

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ahhh thats better

i shall say 4 letters, have any of you had similar probs.

D.E.W.A

What a great 24 hour customer service :shock: :shock:

ok this is my prob - to me its easy, wot do you guys think.

From April completed Appt, so went to DEWA HO next to WAFI , showed them my completion cert, contract, passport and paid 1000Dhs dep. - Easy , sorted.

Sept

Get call from Emaar say "hello Mr...... really sorry about this but we gave you the wrong 9 digit number, you have been paying someone else's bill.

OK, no probs, off i trot to DEWA again, with the correct 9 digit number, passport, completion Cert etc etc.

They said "no problem we will transfer your deposit and all the credits you have paid to your correct Account - yippeee, sorted.

Then today new online bill arrived and arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

They have charged me the New Municipality Tax backdated 2 months.

So i ring the call centre from UK and asked why i have been charged this. The girl says " ohhhh Mr ......... its because you are a tennant and Emaar own the property." I said "Noooooooooooo i own it and i brought in my sales contract and completion certificate in April and Sept". She says "ohhhhhhhhh no we dont have this on file".

I give up !!!!

I will just pay it and sort it out in April.

I assume all you know that only "tennants" have to pay this new tax starting from Jan this year. It does not apply to owners. Have any of you who rent paid or been charged for it yet, if not i read online that they will backdate all the tax payments, so some of you may get hugeeeeeee DEWA bills at some point.

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat