Emiratisation At Its Finest

Topic locked
May 25, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Ms. Bora, do you really think that you produce some real poison? Get real! It was the humor. :)
You may laugh.

I guess today it's my turn to try and figure out what you are posting. :?

I will put my poison down the day you stop tossing Molotov cocktails, and I don't see that happening too soon.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 25, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:I will put my poison down the day you stop tossing Molotov cocktails, and I don't see that happening too soon.

Oh, I'm terrified. Have I insulted you, honey?

Start a new "open letter" in DF or send a complaint to "The league of sexual reforms" instead of destroying thread of another members.

Eventually you unveiled yourself. You like to find some "victim", better non-native speaker, who doesn't understand your trashed humor well, then banter/bash (chose the word you like) him/her with the team of your spongers until he/she left the forum. That's why you are on DF, Bored Bora.

Life is so short and boring in the UAE, isn't it, Bora.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2009
WhiteJade wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Hum. Someone is having a hard time following posts today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17hEcSsv ... L&index=62

Creepy enough for a midnight watch.

:hiding:

You scared me BB.

:lol:

If you like unusual things have you ever watched any Little Giant Girl videos? Spellbinding....it's the music that makes the atmosphere as much as anything else.

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 25, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I will put my poison down the day you stop tossing Molotov cocktails, and I don't see that happening too soon.

Oh, I'm terrified. Have I insulted you, honey?

Start a new "open letter" in DF or send a complaint to "The league of sexual reforms" instead of destroying thread of another members.

Eventually you unveiled yourself. You like to find some "victim", better non-native speaker, who doesn't understand your trashed humor well, then banter/bash (chose the word you like) him/her with the team of your spongers until he/she left the forum. That's why you are on DF, Bored Bora.

Life is so short and boring in the UAE, isn't it, Bora.

Honey??? Yuck!!!!! I can smell your vodka breath with that one!!

And I have a team of spongers? Well why don't you step up and name them? I would be curious as to who you put in that category, and I am sure they would be interested to know as well.

As for life being short and boring in the UAE, I am not interested in your experience here because mine is, quite the opposite.

Continue to stir your cauldron of borsht-ladened vodka RC.

Oh, I forgot to add: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 25, 2009
uaekid wrote:1-there is not even 1 reason to make the retired locals drive a taxi for it's low income since their retirement salary is good enough.

2- there are no benefits , skills or knowledge to gain out of it.

3- culture wise , sons wont let their dads do it not bcz they are ashamed of it but the fact that we value them for what they did to us and the hard time they've been throw in the old days. we will not repay them buy letting them drive taxis, instead we as we live in big families support them one they retired by all means.

Now so you see robbyg. unlike you we have this thing called family value beside as a smart guy as you should know that as a manger when thinking of proposing such a policy should consider all the above before putting in on the table and embraces your self as a manger with a complete failed project from the beginning..

no unless anyone see any benefit of this policy please come forward and discuss it instead of making useless comments like your brains.

Reverse the question and ask yourself...Are Taxi Drivers required in society? Are they beneficial to the economy? What purpose do they serve?

The points you have put forth are valid. The income these drivers receive is too meager. Yet they survive. Maybe if some locals join the league, the authorities might implement minimum wages.

There is a lot of potential with locals.This can be an excellent tourism initiative. If the guys implementing this scheme have vision I'm fairly sure revenues will flow.

Besides we're going high tech. The new city Masdar will have magnetic roads. There's skill and knowledge for you.

I'm not gonna preach humility cos that's something I'm not. If driving a cab is below your dignity then fine.

Realistically I have to admit ur right. just to put in a local in an existing taxi does seem improbable. There's bound to be resistance.
But with a few modifications it may not seem like such a bad idea!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 25, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:As for life being short and boring in the UAE, I am not interested in your experience here because mine is, quite the opposite.

You are right, Bora. It was my fault. Probably your life is too long and boring as soon as you waste it in DF all day round.

The quarrels must compensate you a lack of the short but thrilling life in the street's gangs of NYC.
8) 8) 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:As for life being short and boring in the UAE, I am not interested in your experience here because mine is, quite the opposite.

You are right, Bora. It was my fault. Probably your life is too long and boring as soon as you waste it in DF all day round.

The quarrels must compensate you a lack of the short but thrilling life in the street's gangs of NYC.
8) 8) 8)

Yes, those were the good old days. And I am sure you miss the good old days you spent in the prison camps of Moscow.

Rather a long sober life, than a short one spent drunk.

Let me see? How will I spend the afternoon? I know, SHOPPING!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 25, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Let me see? How will I spend the afternoon? I know, SHOPPING!!!

Yes, Bora, we are quite opposite. I don't know more boring thing for European woman then shopping in Dubai. All things are so expensive, outdated and Oriental.

Ticket to Milan could make your life much more exciting. :)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
uaekid wrote:1-there is not even 1 reason to make the retired locals drive a taxi for it's low income since their retirement salary is good enough.

2- there are no benefits , skills or knowledge to gain out of it.

3- culture wise , sons wont let their dads do it not bcz they are ashamed of it but the fact that we value them for what they did to us and the hard time they've been throw in the old days. we will not repay them buy letting them drive taxis, instead we as we live in big families support them one they retired by all means.

Now so you see robbyg. unlike you we have this thing called family value beside as a smart guy as you should know that as a manger when thinking of proposing such a policy should consider all the above before putting in on the table and embraces your self as a manger with a complete failed project from the beginning..

no unless anyone see any benefit of this policy please come forward and discuss it instead of making useless comments like your brains.

Reverse the question and ask yourself...Are Taxi Drivers required in society? Are they beneficial to the economy? What purpose do they serve?

The points you have put forth are valid. The income these drivers receive is too meager. Yet they survive. Maybe if some locals join the league, the authorities might implement minimum wages.

There is a lot of potential with locals.This can be an excellent tourism initiative. If the guys implementing this scheme have vision I'm fairly sure revenues will flow.

Besides we're going high tech. The new city Masdar will have magnetic roads. There's skill and knowledge for you.

I'm not gonna preach humility cos that's something I'm not. If driving a cab is below your dignity then fine.

Realistically I have to admit ur right. just to put in a local in an existing taxi does seem improbable. There's bound to be resistance.
But with a few modifications it may not seem like such a bad idea!

yes I agree but you also have to look at the num of drivers required and the locals welling to work and so on , and yes the GOV should sponser it as a start like what KSA when they sponserd their locals in the private businesses but again how much are they welling to pay,I mean take AD for example, the lowest gov salary is 25,000 . transportation is a profitable business after all !!!

sadly as I remember that add ,they want the locals as drivers and the non as the tourism guidness !
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 25, 2009
At least I don't see nationals putting up with the hours that the expat cabbies have to cope with ;)

British people in the UK drive cabs, but it's a reasonable living there and if they are driving licensed taxis, generally they are working for themselves. If that started here I guess cabs would not be so cheap ;)

One more point. If older Emiratis drove the cabs wouldn't it help so much more with the learning and interaction experiences of a whole lot of expats here who just don't meet enough Emiratis? I always talk to taxi drivers, and I know other people that do too. The nationals would be doing a great service to their country just in education terms alone! It would be a dignified thing.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 25, 2009
Speedhump wrote:British people in the UK drive cabs, but it's a reasonable living there and if they are driving licensed taxis, generally they are working for themselves. If that started here I guess cabs would not be so cheap ;)

He-he, Speedy, don't remember the old time of licensed taxis in Dubai? They were much cheaper but the cars were a pieces of junk though... :D
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Speedhump wrote:British people in the UK drive cabs, but it's a reasonable living there and if they are driving licensed taxis, generally they are working for themselves. If that started here I guess cabs would not be so cheap ;)

He-he, Speedy, don't remember the old time of licensed taxis in Dubai? They were much cheaper but the cars were a pieces of junk though... :D

Yeah I think you mean the old UNlicensed taxis....driving along honking their horns at anyone walking. You know they actually always felt they should be paid more than Dubai Transport taxis. the arguments I used to have with the drivers before I woud get in, always fun actually. "Dubai transport twenty dhs., you six dhs.' :D

Imshi!! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 25, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Let me see? How will I spend the afternoon? I know, SHOPPING!!!

Yes, Bora, we are quite opposite. I don't know more boring thing for European woman then shopping in Dubai. All things are so expensive, outdated and Oriental.

Ticket to Milan could make your life much more exciting. :)

Well as for outdated, I would put you in that category. Ticket to Milan? Again? As for gold it is expensive, and so are those lunches!!!

And please note, when you buy your suits (1 jacket and 2 pairs of pants) at LuLu Supermarket, its not the same as Saks Fifth Avenue, although you will never experience the difference. And roaming the souks for your wardrobe is not a shopping experience. But you wouldn't know the difference would you?

And please, name and shame those spongers you refer to. I see that you are omitting that bit of information.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 25, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Yeah I think you mean the old UNlicensed taxis....driving along honking their horns at anyone walking. You know they actually always felt they should be paid more than Dubai Transport taxis. the arguments I used to have with the drivers before I woud get in, always fun actually. "Dubai transport twenty dhs., you six dhs.' :D

Exactly, Speedy. They were expensive only for tourists who had just arrived to Dubai airport. For the rest there were 5Dhs inside Deira and 5 additional if you cross the Creek.
:D :D :D
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Well as for outdated, I would put you in that category. Ticket to Milan? Again? As for gold it is expensive, and so are those lunches!!!

I was talking about Opera La Scala, if this name means something for you.
Milan is very famous for it. What did you have in mind?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 25, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Well as for outdated, I would put you in that category. Ticket to Milan? Again? As for gold it is expensive, and so are those lunches!!!

I was talking about Opera La Scala, if this name means something for you.
Milan is very famous for it. What did you have in mind?

You did say "a ticket to Milan" didn't you?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 25, 2009
Emiratisation will never be successful with this unique system of
visa and sponsorship in place. By law they are always the boss.
Where is the need for the drive and search for excellence?
macjul
Dubai Forums Member

May 25, 2009
macjul wrote:Emiratisation will never be successful with this unique system of
visa and sponsorship in place. By law they are always the boss.
Where is the need for the drive and search for excellence?

Not all Emiratis sit in hotels drinking coffee bought with the money they collect from sponsorships and housing deals. There are many that work for a living (and obviously many others that have no intention of doing so... :))

Some comment here (from nationals amongst others):
http://uaecommunity.blogspot.com/2008/1 ... irati.html

Also which companies except Government organisations will want to hire Emiratis now that under the new laws you can't fire them except if they turn up drunk or punch you in the eye? Being bad at their job or even just lazy is now no longer a valid reason to dismiss a national (although the same does not apply to expats).
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 25, 2009
Even as I understand some of uaekids logic, I’m still worried about UAE and some other GCC countries future. In UAE most of the population are teenagers or just above 20. The problem could start when these people are ready to enter the job market and I don’t think they all can work for government.

I can understand that no Emirati wants to work for 2000 dirham and it’s cheaper to have drivers from other places. Most countries use cheap labor when possible, even in EU, although they pay much more.

But there should be some balance. UAE with its riches should invest more in education and the future. It feels like the money is used to buy knowledge for the moment and it is wasted. Look at Norway, a tiny country with oil. But they put aside the money for special needs and future and their education and industry is second to none. There is NO reason why UAE should not be able to do the same or better.
bezor
Dubai Forums Member

May 25, 2009
i dont want a local person driving me home when im sh** faced drunk from a bar. :o i might get arrested lol.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

May 25, 2009
bezor wrote:Even as I understand some of uaekids logic, I’m still worried about UAE and some other GCC countries future. In UAE most of the population are teenagers or just above 20. The problem could start when these people are ready to enter the job market and I don’t think they all can work for government.

I can understand that no Emirati wants to work for 2000 dirham and it’s cheaper to have drivers from other places. Most countries use cheap labor when possible, even in EU, although they pay much more.

But there should be some balance. UAE with its riches should invest more in education and the future. It feels like the money is used to buy knowledge for the moment and it is wasted. Look at Norway, a tiny country with oil. But they put aside the money for special needs and future and their education and industry is second to none. There is NO reason why UAE should not be able to do the same or better.

actually they will have to ! the job market (Gov and private ) is requiring more and more qualifications, the degrees they have are not enough anymore. and the Gov sat its first 3 positions only for masters graduates, around 40% out of 2000 in my work place got their masters degrees already, I guess they are just starting to understand your point just now.
uaekid

May 26, 2009
Well the transport company should thank there lucky stars that no one actually took up the job. That would be a one way ticket to bankruptcy. Then you would all the cabs doubled parked in front of cafeterias with the drivers with their feet up on the dash sipping some tea listening to loud obnoxious music all day long. :D

What were they thinking ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 26, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Well the transport company should thank there lucky stars that no one actually took up the job. That would be a one way ticket to bankruptcy. Then you would all the cabs doubled parked in front of cafeterias with the drivers with their feet up on the dash sipping some tea listening to loud obnoxious music all day long. :D

What were they thinking ?

LOL you got a point there :lol:
uaekid

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat