Emirati Weddings

Topic locked
emirati weddings Dec 05, 2006
i was not sure where to post it...
http://www.zawaj.com/weddingways/emirati99.html
i found this about emirati wedings ( i am sure the locals and the ones who r in uae have all that info, but i thought it was pretty interesting)

i would love to witness a local wedding. so for the ones who did that give some feedback :wink:

alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 05, 2006
interesting stuff...

“When my female students talk about marriage, it amazes me how cynical they are,” said a Dubai-based teacher. “They say they would rather never marry at all than marry a man who expects them to lead the same kind of life as their mother’s.

“And they often say they want to marry a non-national. Nor do they want to be second wives; they want to be the first wife, full stop.”

Improved education, access to media and overseas travel are factors which have influenced young women’s expectations.

As recently as the 1980s, most Arabian women were married by their late teens

Most girls pursue their studies with their families’ wholehearted blessing, although some middle-class parents see education as a means to a more affluent husband, rather than the passport to an independent career. Many students hope to combine a home life with a career.

“Some students may not want a career, but they want a good education, because having a good education will make them better mothers and therefore this benefits the family as a whole,” says Judy Turk, dean of communication and media studies at Dubai’s single-sex Zayed University.

It is still rare for an Arabian woman to reject marriage and motherhood outright —despite the scare stories, some undoubtedly generated by conservatives, about a new generation of unmarriageable, work-oriented spinsters — but many believe that their domestic responsibilities are perfectly compatible with a stimulating professional career.

However, the government is sending mixed messages to young Emirati women. On the one hand, Arabisation initiatives call on young men and women to fulfill their national duty and make an economic contribution to society; on the other hand, the Marriage Fund is promoting the notion that women should settle down with a suitable — if highly conservative — Emirati boy.

It may take another generation to resolve this dilemma. “Many [female] students argue it is better for the country if they get an education, so that they can work to help the country,” Mrs. Turk says.

“These young women have heard Sheikh Zayed talking about Emiratisation and the need for the young people of this country to run not just the government, but also the private sector, and there is an element of nationalism, of ‘taking our country back from the foreigners’.”
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 05, 2006
Alex dear, why this problem worries u?R u goin to marry local?
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Dec 05, 2006
much respect ( < dats a diss ) to all the locals dads out in this country .. cause they are all PIMP's ... always askin for massive amounts of cash before givin away there daughter's ... i mean damnn nigga if i wanted to pay all that cash i would go to some whore joint an choose one atleast i would have a more extensive an more experienced variety.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 05, 2006
bonitta wrote:Alex dear, why this problem worries u?R u goin to marry local?

wouldn't u like to know that ??? lol

if i am interested in the topic that does not mean i will marry a local
i am interested in the lifestyle and that stuff...
i thought it was pretty interesting mainly cause there is a big difference between european type of weding and emirati weddings

also i wanted some opinions...that is all
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 05, 2006
Jamal wrote:much respect ( < dats a diss ) to all the locals dads out in this country .. cause they are all PIMP's ... always askin for massive amounts of cash before givin away there daughter's ... i mean damnn nigga if i wanted to pay all that cash i would go to some whore joint an choose one atleast i would have a more extensive an more experienced variety.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 05, 2006
just sayin it as it is baby
:)
..... no love loss between me an those dady's out there i hope .. i might still fling a couple of dollar's ur way :lol:
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 05, 2006
crazy man u r J

:roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 05, 2006
god hear's bout the kind of man all you women desire ... an here i am his creation his answer to all yall's desire's ... one crazy ass naughty bad boy.. that u all hate,, but cant resist to love. :wink:

my bad for spoilin ur thread though ..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 05, 2006
Jamal wrote:god hear's bout the kind of man all you women desire ... an here i am his creation his answer to all yall's desire's ... one crazy a#s naughty bad boy.. dont u all hate but cant resist to love. :wink:

all that modesty :lol: :lol: :lol:

np about the thread spoilin' ...i will not shoot u

yet :twisted:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 05, 2006
Jamal wrote:god hear's bout the kind of man all you women desire ... an here i am his creation his answer to all yall's desire's ... one crazy a#s naughty bad boy.. that u all hate,, but cant resist to love. :wink:

J been drinking Tequila and hallucinating again :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 05, 2006
:lol: :lol: just puttin a smile on all the lady's face's before they go to bed tonight...
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 05, 2006
Jamal wrote::lol: :lol: just puttin a smile on all the lady's face's before they go to bed tonight...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: emirati weddings Jan 16, 2007
Emirati weddings are something highly unusual for Europeans - men and women separated and usually no music at all, for more openminded couples there might be some music playing for the womens party. All in all its rather boring, its over in a matter of an hour and its more the less a lot of handshaking, hasty eating and goin back home.

I love the food that emiratis serve on their weddings, i wished there was one every day hehehe

alexandra wrote:i was not sure where to post it...
i found this about emirati wedings ( i am sure the locals and the ones who r in uae have all that info, but i thought it was pretty interesting)

i would love to witness a local wedding. so for the ones who did that give some feedback :wink:
KaraBinNemsi
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: emirati weddings Jan 17, 2007
KaraBinNemsi wrote:Emirati weddings are something highly unusual for Europeans - men and women separated and usually no music at all, for more openminded couples there might be some music playing for the womens party. All in all its rather boring, its over in a matter of an hour and its more the less a lot of handshaking, hasty eating and goin back home.

I love the food that emiratis serve on their weddings, i wished there was one every day hehehe

alexandra wrote:i was not sure where to post it...

and which weddings are you going to...

sure, the religious folk dont play music, well not at least the music that most of us listen to day in and day out-- they put quran and/or will play traditional music (no singing, just instruments)

over in an hour --- again, i must ask which wedding you attended because i have never ever been to an emirati wedding that was anywhere close to ending in an hour.

in my opinion the local weddings (especially the ajami weddings :D) are much much much more interesting than the Western weddings...perhaps the ones that beat us/are the same, are the Indians...because they have awesome weddings too...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 17, 2007
if i want to get married with Bushra 21 , who joined the forum on : 28 Jul 2006 in summer . What i suppose to pay for her to her family.
Please put it in Pakistani rupees or Euro :oops:

Beging a economist , X-Raw could calculate the depreciation period , cost on investment and miscellaneous cost?

In case if i fed up of her , can i sell her and get some money ? what is her re-sell value in Dubai market? :roll: I dont think Sheikh buy second handed stuff :oops:

If anyone know X-Raw , please ask him to make the balance sheet for me, i have to apply for loan .

PS" as Bushra doesnt mind , so that why i am having fun wid her "
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 17, 2007
oh HP, you are so romantic
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 17, 2007
Now you dudes know how i feel!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

its not the fathers of these girls are pimps, its just that they wanna make sure that if she gets divorced, she will still have money to support herself. But raising the dhowry to 500,000 to 2 mill, im sorry but no women is worth that much to marry dudes
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 17, 2007
Damn! Dowry's are going for that much??
I wonder why I overheard my daddy saying he's willing to pay any "brave guy" willing to marry me then??! :shock: :? :(
freza
Dubai chat master

Jan 17, 2007
freza wrote:Damn! Dowry's are going for that much??
I wonder why I overheard my daddy saying he's willing to pay any "brave guy" willing to marry me then??! :shock: :? :(

im not gonna answer that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 17, 2007
Bleakus wrote:Now you dudes know how i feel!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

its not the fathers of these girls are pimps, its just that they wanna make sure that if she gets divorced, she will still have money to support herself. But raising the dhowry to 500,000 to 2 mill, im sorry but no women is worth that much to marry dudes

The father is asking a lot because the woman is worth a lot. When you finally meet your "the one", you'll understand.
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 17, 2007
zam wrote:
Bleakus wrote:Now you dudes know how i feel!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

The father is asking a lot because the woman is worth a lot. When you finally meet your "the one", you'll understand.

This is from a womans perspective eh Zam? :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 17, 2007
I agree with Bleakus the dhowry is absurdly high these days...as are the prices for the weddings. Poor guys. No wonder they started taking wives of different cultures :(
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 17, 2007
zam wrote:The father is asking a lot because the woman is worth a lot. When you finally meet your "the one", you'll understand.

im still not gonna pay that much for my "the one", she will understand too ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 17, 2007
Personally i don't like the concept of paying a dowry as a condition for marriage. Woman is being veiwed as commodity (in some parts of the world). Whoever can pay the highest dowry win the bid. :shock:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 29, 2007
And ppl say women are not for sale? lol

Of course theyre are...this just shows...you can buy them off.
guest999

Jan 29, 2007
Not_Sure wrote:And ppl say women are not for sale? lol

Of course theyre are...this just shows...you can buy them off.

Hey Not_Sure, one thing is For_Sure, you are looking for trouble with comments like that :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 29, 2007
I am in related business and can brief you that middle class girls are traded to middle class husbands between 80 k to 120 k. If the family is highly positioned and the girl is rich or will inherit - that's another story. I doubt that most of the posters here are in the right category of husbands.
And the weddings are really lavish, often ending early morning; some times at 7 or 8 am.
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 29, 2007
Francheska wrote:I am in related business and can brief you that middle class girls are traded to middle class husbands between 80 k to 120 k. If the family is highly positioned and the girl is rich or will inherit - that's another story. I doubt that most of the posters here are in the right category of husbands.
And the weddings are really lavish, often ending early morning; some times at 7 or 8 am.

meaning? :shock:
sorry but i didn't get that :oops:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat