Emirates Airline Post Huge Profits!

Topic locked
Emirates Airline Post Huge Profits! May 10, 2011
Emirates Airlines have just posted a surge in profits of 51.9% to $1.5billion!
In todays climate that is admirable.

Well done Emirates and well done Dubai!

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Emirates Airline Post Huge Profits! May 10, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:Emirates Airlines have just posted a surge in profits of 51.9% to $1.5billion!

Admirable !!! Have you checked their airfare? Outrageous...Glad I have my own jet :P
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

I have to agree with Ambassador! EK flights are crazy expensive now, as are Etihad. 2 years ago DXB-Brisbane was AED 3200, last year it was AED 6400, 2 months ago it was AED 5700. Today...AED 9000! AND they claim massive price cuts due to dropping the fuel surcharge! (as per yesterday's Gulf News)
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Where are you getting 9,000 Dhs from? I'm looking at booking DXB-BNE-DXB for August and it's 7,000 Dhs! Even so it's a huge rise in costs, even though they've dumped the fuel surcharge.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Where are you getting 9,000 Dhs from? I'm looking at booking DXB-BNE-DXB for August and it's 7,000 Dhs! Even so it's a huge rise in costs, even though they've dumped the fuel surcharge.

Ok, the price dropped by AUD 200 since yesterday, but it is still AED 8000 from here. Perhaps different pricing for different markets? Royal Brunei is a fraction of the cost. I have never flown them before, but for an 800 dollar savings, would give it a shot.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Emirates Airlines have just posted a surge in profits of 51.9% to $1.5billion!

Admirable !!! Have you checked their airfare? Outrageous...Glad I have my own yet :P

You're very lucky Ambassador!
Well I have just booked some flights to Dubai from Manchester. They were the cheapest around except for Air France, which is not direct and had a four hour stop over in Amsterdam (they code share with KLM).
I have paid £465 return compared to £596 with BA. I couldn't even get it cheaper than £465 on BA hotlines, which I have access to.
Etihad were slightly dearer and then you have to factor in the taxi fare from AD, or the bus ride.

I always shop around for my flights, Emirates came out on top this time. If BA had been even close I would have flown with them, I would have got an upgrade, but it's via Heathrow.

-- Tue May 10, 2011 3:44 pm --

dubaidog wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Where are you getting 9,000 Dhs from? I'm looking at booking DXB-BNE-DXB for August and it's 7,000 Dhs! Even so it's a huge rise in costs, even though they've dumped the fuel surcharge.

Ok, the price dropped by AUD 200 since yesterday, but it is still AED 8000 from here. Perhaps different pricing for different markets? Royal Brunei is a fraction of the cost. I have never flown them before, but for an 800 dollar savings, would give it a shot.

BM's Mr Emirati flies Royal Brunei regularly. He recommends them. They operate an alcohol free policy. :(
Bethsmum

BM, Last trip with BA, (and I mean the last), they wanted to charge me 50 pounds for being 1.4kg over in my bags. I dumped a folder on their desk and told them to bin it.

Look at all the hiddens with crap such as BA its not only weight but two cases attract another fee (not on EK), golf clubs are charged (not on EK), staff are up themselves (not on EK)+++

Simple, you get what you pay for.

-- Tue May 10, 2011 4:33 pm --

dubaidog wrote:

Dollar or Rupee
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

@ BM...no alcohol is an issue, I know, BUT..
@ DP....800 Dollar savings
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

drewpeacock wrote:BM, Last trip with BA, (and I mean the last), they wanted to charge me 50 pounds for being 1.4kg over in my bags. I dumped a folder on their desk and told them to bin it.

Look at all the hiddens with crap such as BA its not only weight but two cases attract another fee (not on EK), golf clubs are charged (not on EK), staff are up themselves (not on EK)+++

Simple, you get what you pay for.

-- Tue May 10, 2011 4:33 pm --

dubaidog wrote:

Dollar or Rupee

Drew, I checked 3 cases in with BA the last trip, one was over but I just opened them up and shuffled stuff around. I know that wouldn't be the answer if you only had one case. My daughter was charged £34 for being over with Etihad last week.
I have only ever been charged once, and that was with Air France. I can't remember how much I was over but they charged me £340 !!! LOL. That taught me a lesson, I leave the kitchen sink at home now.
Bethsmum

I must say that my wife and I have only flown Emirates in the past 10 years, for the most part we are very happy with the service and hey, which airline flies Dxd x Acc.?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Emirates Airline Post Huge Profits! May 12, 2011

I thought you got free flights Chocs?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Brilliant now hopefully the good run will extend to DP world too. Sitting on their stock which I picked up at IPO price above a dollar and hasn't crossed 60 cents since.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:Brilliant now hopefully the good run will extend to DP world too. Sitting on their stock which I picked up at IPO price above a dollar and hasn't crossed 60 cents since.

You should have doubled down when it was at 18c MCL. Do I know you by any chance?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Emirates Airline Post Huge Profits! May 13, 2011
benwj wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:Brilliant now hopefully the good run will extend to DP world too. Sitting on their stock which I picked up at IPO price above a dollar and hasn't crossed 60 cents since.

You should have doubled down when it was at 18c MCL. Do I know you by any chance?

Well I'm holding way too much money in non-moving stocks (outside UAE), so I really couldn't afford to pump in more capital into DPW. I did buy more when the prices dropped, but my cost-price is still above 60c. So now I'm just gonna sit back, wait for the consolidation and see how that pans out.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat