Egypt And Algeria...Clashing Again!!!

Topic locked
Egypt and Algeria...Clashing Again!!! Jan 27, 2010
Tomorrow is the big match between Egypt and Algeria in the semi-finals of the African Cup Championship.

When the last time these two nations clashed, the clash spilt over the pitch to include the governments, the media and the people,... leading to bitter and nasty fights for many days. It got too dirty!!

Hopefully, we don’t see a repeat of what happened last time!!

8) 8)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Egypt and Algeria...Clashing Again!!! Jan 30, 2010
No repeats. Just a royal hammering that was a long time coming.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

It was a great game. Algeria played a very dirty game. Hats off to Egypt for showing restraint. The more restraint they showed, the more obvious it was that Algeria plays dirty. And hands up for the referee who didn't back down. Read in the paper today where Algeria is blaming the ref for slanting the game and showing favoritism to Egypt. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Both sets of fans behaved very immaturely after the WCQ.

The funniest thing I heard is probably:

"Egyptians are kings of the world today and were so since the Pharoahs", hahahahahha
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Egypt x Ghana Final on Sunday, should be a good game.

For those that would like to see it you can follow this link;

http://atdhe.net/index.html
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Egypt was clearly the better team. Unlike the Algerians, they played a well-applied tactical game, with a lot cooler heads.

I just thought the first yellow card given to the Algerian player, which changed the entire game, was really unfair. That player had not done anything to the Egyptian goalie to deserve the yellow card.

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

sage & onion wrote:Egypt x Ghana Final on Sunday, should be a good game.

For those that would like to see it you can follow this link;

http://atdhe.net/index.html

The game will be shown on Al-Jazirah Sports 2 (unscrambled.)

No English commentary though!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:Egypt was clearly the better team. Unlike the Algerians, they played a well-applied tactical game, with a lot cooler heads.

I just thought the first yellow card given to the Algerian player, which changed the entire game, was really unfair. That player had not done anything to the Egyptian goalie to deserve the yellow card.

8) 8)

That is true. I am Egyptian and I concede that the first yellow card given to Hallich was very silly. Totally unwarranted. However, to all Algerians who are blaming the ref:

1- 2 offsides that were counted against Egypt were incorrect. Either or both of them could have led to goals because they were one against one opportunities.

2- Yes Hallich should not have gotten the first yellow card but the Algerian keeper should have been sent off and serving at least a 5 match ban for attempting to headbutt the referee. The ref did not see that and he the Keeper was not penalized.

3- This match was highly anticipated to be tense and violent. Clearly the referee wanted to set a precedent early on in the game to avoid future misconduct. If it is obvious that the ref is going to give bookings for the slightest challenges, after Hallich's first booking, any normal team would have backed down and looked to play clean football. Instead Algeria proceeded to commit every single possible offense in the book and were surprised and disgruntled when they ended up with 8 players.

Yes the referee was poor but Algeria were much much poorer.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Should be a more decent game against Ghana, I am rooting for the Black Stars.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat