Eggs

Topic locked
eggs May 03, 2006
lol, ppl, I was making my morning scrambled eggs yesterday, broke one egg and - it was with 2 yolks?! I was kinda freaked out, the same happened to the second one, what is wrong with that, are they mutants?

IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
Double yokers is supposed to be good luck! I guess they would have been twins?? :D
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 03, 2006
GAB wrote:Double yokers is supposed to be good luck! I guess they would have been twins?? :D

that is pretty much what my flatmate told me, lol, but I am kinda doubting that, lol, twins.
Today, same thing happened, lmao, the 1st 2 eggs were fine and these 4 are freaks.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
You are the luckiest girl on Earth!! :lol: ........or it is something to do with the hormones in the chickens!! :shock:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 03, 2006
GAB wrote:You are the luckiest girl on Earth!! :lol: ........or it is something to do with the hormones in the chickens!! :shock:

I bet their mama was taking too mukch of protein before she had those twins, lmao
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
Gentically modified eggs!!
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2006
Double yolked eggs are produced by young hens who've only just started producing eggs. It happens because their bodies are adjusting to this new thing that it has to do, basically the yolk passes through the chicken and the shell forms around it. But in an immature hen it can produce the yolks quicker than it's body can produce the calcium to create the shell, so they stack up a bit - that's all. It's perfectly normal.

Sometimes when we had chickens you'd could even be lucky enough to get a triple yolker.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Double yolked eggs are produced by young hens who've only just started producing eggs. It happens because their bodies are adjusting to this new thing that it has to do, basically the yolk passes through the chicken and the shell forms around it. But in an immature hen it can produce the yolks quicker than it's body can produce the calcium to create the shell, so they stack up a bit - that's all. It's perfectly normal.

Sometimes when we had chickens you'd could even be lucky enough to get a triple yolker.

wow, have never heard of that, thanks, so, i guess i am fine to live couple more years after eating those.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
and those young hens should go through some training to get their thing right, lol; 1 yolk in each egg
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
Yeah I know, but hey if you get a chicken that lays really big eggs, with two yolks - that's some breakfast!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Yeah I know, but hey if you get a chicken that lays really big eggs, with two yolks - that's some breakfast!

i know, lol, when i saw the first egg with 2 yolks, i thought if i needed to get the 2nd egg into the pan
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
Heheheh, nice conv. gurls.

Choco, surprisingly to me you talk like a farm gurl. and other post where you miss your home, friends, family, etc.

Did you grew up in the country side?

EMJ,
You are one lucky gurl and as choco said, it is really good luck.

But come on, i disagree with you, the hens should be trained to do this more. it is fun :D

BTW note that the small eggs are much tastier than the small ones

cheers
yshimy

May 03, 2006
yshimy wrote:Heheheh, nice conv. gurls.

Choco, surprisingly to me you talk like a farm gurl. and other post where you miss your home, friends, family, etc.

Did you grew up in the country side?

EMJ,
You are one lucky gurl and as choco said, it is really good luck.

But come on, i disagree with you, the hens should be trained to do this more. it is fun :D

BTW note that the small eggs are much tastier than the small ones

cheers

thanks, thanks
i think i am, so far, thanks god.
i mean lucky
anyway, it is kinda freaky to see that happen. 2 yolks.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2006
Yshimy, yes I grew up on and around farms and lived in the middle of no-where in the Devonshire countryside - beautiful!!!!!!

We used to have so much fun and great things to do at different times of year, hay bailing, calving and lambing. Milking the cows - mmmmmm when we used to being the cows in for milking we'd milk a couple by hand into a mug, strain it through a sieve a couple of times and drink it warm straight from the cow - thick creamy goodness - mmmm mmmm.

It used to be great horse riding through the fields and generally larking about. Driving tractors and running around in welly boots - ahhhh the memories.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2006
I always thought double yolked eggs were laid by 'Moorhens'!

See what comes of having older brothers and sisters who can damage an impressionable little boy..

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 03, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:I always thought double yolked eggs were laid by 'Moorhens'!

See what comes of having older brothers and sisters who can damage an impressionable little boy..

Knight

Ha ha...what else did they tell you DK???

Oh, by the way....did you know they are taking the word gullible out of the dictionary? Ba dum chu!! (drum sound!)

I think i was a comedian in a past life......................................

.............................................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2006
I was always told that "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" but I soon found that out to be a lie, the dictionary says that cleanliness is next to clumsiness!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 03, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:I was always told that "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" but I soon found that out to be a lie, the dictionary says that cleanliness is next to clumsiness!

Knight

Its you that was the comedian in a past life.....

I was a failed actress.....
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:I was always told that "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" but I soon found that out to be a lie, the dictionary says that cleanliness is next to clumsiness!

Knight

I was only yolking!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 06, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
irish vanessa wrote:

Knight

I was only yolking!

Knight

That is terrible DK!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 07, 2006
I know I know!

Sorry, but I only know old jokes!

Knight