Eating Lunch (Restaurant) During Ramadan

Topic locked
Eating Lunch (Restaurant) During Ramadan Sep 22, 2006
Hey DF,

I'm going to be visiting Dubai during Ramadan with a tour group. All our meals are provided for inside the hotels we're staying at, except for one lunch. I wanted to use that opportunity to try one of Dubai's "best restaurants" (verre, blue elephant, miyato, or anything else that anyone can recommend) but I'm worried that they might not serve lunch.

Will the top restaurants in Dubai be closed for lunch during Ramadan? I'll be staying at the Burj, so any recommended restaurants near there would be great. I heard that the restauarants inside the Burj aren't worth eating at (too overpriced, for not so awesome food). Thanks for any help.

b3n84
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 22, 2006
hi, i cant help you with the restaurants issue, but i have in the past been a regualr visitor at the Burj.

I personally find it OTT, the food in my humble opinion is far over-rated. You are basically paying for the name and i have had better quality meals in and around town.

In summary, apart from those that stay there who want to remain incognito, the majority of guests spend the majority of their time over the causeway at the JBH. You are spotted easilly when you wear your white slippers with the gold initials sewn on them. :lol: :lol:

Asking me why i stayed there? , my wife liked it - period.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Eating Lunch (Restaurant) During Ramadan Sep 22, 2006
b3n84 wrote:Hey DF,

I'm going to be visiting Dubai during Ramadan with a tour group. All our meals are provided for inside the hotels we're staying at, except for one lunch. I wanted to use that opportunity to try one of Dubai's "best restaurants" (verre, blue elephant, miyato, or anything else that anyone can recommend) but I'm worried that they might not serve lunch.

Will the top restaurants in Dubai be closed for lunch during Ramadan? I'll be staying at the Burj, so any recommended restaurants near there would be great. I heard that the restauarants inside the Burj aren't worth eating at (too overpriced, for not so awesome food). Thanks for any help.

from past experience the only place to get a lunchtime meal (or even coffee and tea for that matter) is in a hotel restaurant, none of the "independant" restaurants open during the day
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 24, 2006
Verre is excellent! Excellent quality, presentation, and taste! When I went there was an option of a set menu with about six courses. The food just kept coming out...delish! You can't go wrong with Gordon Ramsey.
noni
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat