Dubai Takes Over AC Milan?

Topic locked
Dubai takes over AC Milan? May 16, 2009
next year, Milan main sponsor almost certain will be Emirates. Milan has been demanding for years for a new stadium, which Emirates has proved it to Arsenal. Though later denied, this takeover may not be impossible in the future...

-------------
Report: Milan Poised For Takeover By Billionaire Ruler Of Dubai

Sheikh Maktoum is reportedly set to acquire an initial 35 per cent stake in the Serie A giants.

The rumours that Milan were trying to sell stakes in the club first emerged in February, when it was alleged that Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the owner of Premier League side Manchester City, had started negotiations with the Rossoneri.

The club immediately rubbished the speculation, but La Gazzetta dello Sport today suggests president Silvio Berlusconi has now agreed to sell shares to Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and the Emir of Dubai.

It is claimed that Al Maktoum will pay around €500 million to take a 35 per cent stake in the Rossoneri.

And Berlusconi will reserve the right to sell off his remaining stakes for a whopping €10 billion over the next two years.

One of the Emir’s sons travelled to Milan for the Serie A match with Palermo last month and sat beside Diavoli vice president Adriano Galliani.

Sheik al Maktoum allegedly plans to build a new stadium and create a number of joint ventures in the peninsula. Reports have also suggested that Milan are in negotiations to have Fly Emirates, the national airline of Dubai, as their new shirt sponsor.

Vince Masiello, Goal.com
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/20 ... e-ruler-of

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 16, 2009
I was always under the impression that Italian clubs din't own their stadiums and it was the local council/authorities that did. This is how Italian clubs were able to spend more than Spanish or English clubs on players.

Then again I think AC Milan are quite solvent compared to a lot of other big clubs so privately owning their stadium, run effienctly, could actually be a good earner.
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

May 16, 2009
But the fact that many Italian club owners (including Milan) are complaining about higher tax than other European countries (Spain/England). That's one of the reason why Italian clubs in fact couldn't buy expensive players and are struggling these years to keep the balance sheet.

Owning a stadium means 100% profit from the ticket sales.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 16, 2009
Since when did Emirates provide a stadium to Arsenal?!?

Arsenal still owe about 30 million GBP for the stadium construction and is a main reason why with the exception or Arshavin, they haven't been buying players for the last 3 years.

But don't let facts get in the way of you getting a big head over how important Dubai is (or isn't).
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

May 17, 2009
Come on... you know that "provide" here doesn't mean "free". But still... Arsenal own stadium, with Emirates name.

That makes me wonder... actually I'd be surprised if they (Emirates/Dubai) takes over now. Do they even have the money?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 17, 2009
xty wrote:Come on... you know that "provide" here doesn't mean "free". But still... Arsenal own stadium, with Emirates name.

That makes me wonder... actually I'd be surprised if they (Emirates/Dubai) takes over now. Do they even have the money?

Needs to be watched, that is for sure
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat