Dubai Police Brings The Wafi Jewellery Robbery Suspect From

Topic locked
Dubai Police brings the Wafi Jewellery robbery suspect from May 22, 2008
May 22, 2008 - 07:45 -

WAM Dubai, May 22nd, 2008 (WAM): After 13 months from the armed robbery of a jewellery shop at Dubai's Wafi Mall, Dubai Police have succeeded in bringing back from Germany, the prime suspect who allegedly led the gang of robberers.

The arrest of Zivato Andrea, of Eastern European origin, was made possible by the cooperation of German Police as per request from Dubai's CID. The man, who used a fictitious name, had fled the country shortly after the incident.

The night robbery was carried out in April last year during busy shopping hours. The robberers came in two cars and smashed into the glass panes of the Graff jewellery store. The armed men in black clothes and masks then took control of the store and stole jewellery worth Dh14.7 million. They drove off to the Za'abeel area and abandoned the stolen cars there.

Dubai police could arrest of two suspects in the UAE, but the prime suspect was still at large.

The investigations by Dubai CID led to Germany, where the suspect was hiding. German Police worked jointly with Dubai Police and the culprit was arrested earlier in June. He was produced before a German court, which ordered to hand over the culprit to UAE authorities.

WAM/AB

uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Crime and effecting Private Business May 23, 2008
Ive never heard of amy crime in Dubai, which in the real world means that their is a major deturance or something keeping it a way. I am a private Investigator and I am a ex law enforcement officer. One thing for certain its just a matter of time before criminals catch up with the area (unfortunately). I havent noticed allot of people doing security/ investigative stuff in Dubai. I know as a whole people in general look sideways on my profession, but it is also neccessary. Private companies and individuals need a balance for loss control. How does crime effect private business in dubai and will it get to the point of wanting more of my kind...

I am a Private Investigation Agency (specializing in electronics) wanting to relocate my agency to Dubai.
spookservices.com
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat